t w e n t y t h r e e

Song Of The Day: You Da One by Rihanna.

Comment, vote and share!

T w e n t y t h r e e

I took a good look at him. He seemed better. A lot better since the last time I saw him. His stubble wasn't completely outgrown. He just had like a five o' clock shadow. His eyes don't have the red blotches they did the last time he was here. And his dark circles had faded away. His eyes had glow in them, though not much, it was enough for me to know he was doing better. A lot better and it made me happy. Even I was doing a lot better than the last time he saw me. I wasn't a complete recluse or a hermit. I wasn't shutting everyone out. And honestly, I had made so many friends in the past two weeks, it was almost a miracle.

I couldn't help it. I definitely couldn't. When I saw that grin on his face, that reminded me of our times in the past, I ran to him, quickly grabbing his shoulders and hugging the life out of him. He laughed at my antics and hugged me back, with equal force, with equal love. My eyes started watering and I held my tears at bay, knowing this wasn't the perfect time to start 'The Cadence Waterworks.' I pulled away from him and looked at him. He was still smiling at me.

"What are you doing here? Weren't you in Manchester?" I asked, confused though a smile was fighting to take over my lips. I was complete;y and utterly happy to see him today. It was like I finally had someone I could call my family in every true sense of the word. Though I was confused. Why was he here?

"You forgot? I called you three days ago and informed you I am visiting you this weekend, right?" He reminded me and my eyes widened. Of course! He had called me to inform he was coming to visit me when I was with Nolan, Asher and Breckin returning from our little breaking in. How more forgetful could I get? I forgot my own brother was coming to visit me this weekend.

"Pfft. No I didn't forget. I-I of course, remembered,"I said as I tried to act nonchalant on the outside to make it look more believable. But judging by the weird looks not only Mark but everyone around me was giving me, I guessed no one believed me.

"Fine!" I exclaimed throwing my hands in the air. "I forgot. Stop with the looks already!"

Everyone chuckled at me and Mark ruffled my hair adoringly.

"I missed you so much Cad-Cad," He said, his eyes filling with unshed tears right in front of me.

Seeing him shedding his tears, made involuntary tears spring in my eyes. He was right. His eyes showed that he truly missed me. But now that I thought about it, seeing him in flesh after weeks, I missed him, too. A whole shit load.

"I missed you, too," I murmured as I threw my arms around his neck and pulled him closer for another one of my special, death grip like hugs. He happily obliged. I inhaled his familiar, homey scent that smelled so much like home. It felt like I was back home, at peace. With the people I loved, who loved me and having one of those amazing family times. His scent was a bittersweet trigger for me. It triggered the good, ol'e amazing memories as well the painful memories of our mother being snatched away from our fingers.

We pulled apart and we were still looking at each other with similar soft expression. But then, a thought went off in my mind.

"But I have a question. What are you doing here with them? You don't know them, do you?" I asked, confused as to how could Nolan manage getting Mark here with people he barely knew apart from Hailey and Taylor.

"I'll answer that one. Remember today morning when you went to the library? I got a call from Mark saying he's coming back today. And a few minutes later I got a call from Nolan asking where we all are? He couldn't find anyone of us and was apparently worried," Hailey said as she gestured to Nolan whose cheeks ever so slightly turned faint pink. Aww, the bad boy blushed. Surprised? Hell yeah.