Theory Of Shakespeare

I will not say Shakespeare was a gay enthusiast.

I will not say Shakespeare was a---

"Shit!" I hiss as the piece of chalk snaps in two.

So I got into a bit of trouble in English class today and my punishment was to write lines after school. I did say that Shakespeare was a gay enthusiast, that's not bullshit and I accept full responsibility for it, but I didn't mean it in the weird degrading way my prim and proper English teacher believes I did. I could just see Mercutio and Benvolio being a nice couple of flaming homosexuals and they'd make a great could. Oh my fucking God! This play could've been completely without any death. Mercutio and Juliet could've gotten hitched and Benvolio and Romeo could've lived next door at night they'd just swap out! Jesus Billy Shakespeare, you could've made this play a lot nicer with less death.

I don't mind Shakespeare to be completely honest, I'm just an asshole. So when I said that he was a gay enthusiast I was making a joke about Mercutio and Benvolio's friendship. The teacher didn't take it as a joke what so ever so here I am writing lines.

"Fucking chalk." I mutter as I pick up the chalk again.

It's my third week here in Seattle, I've served two of my four Saturday detentions. The second one it was just Frank and I and we talked about music for most of the time. We both like David Bowie, The Rolling Stones, Queen, and Deep Purple. We both have interesting track records with police and he relocated a lot with his grandparents before he moved to Seattle with him mom. We have a lot more in common than I thought we would. It pisses off Mackenzie how  much we have in common and how we've been hanging around each other, yet he's not pissed off enough to tell our dad.

The class door opens and I look up.

"What's up, jail bird?" Frank asks with a laugh.

He drops down behind the teacher's desk and reads the board. Frank laughs and looks over to me.

"You didn't do that, did you?" He asks with a laugh and I smile.

"Might have." I laugh.

"How long are you supposed to be here for?" Frank wonders.

"Four." I say and look at the clock that reads two forty five, I sigh and go cross eyed.

"By that face I'd say you're willing to ditch." He says and I nod. "The whole staff is in a meeting, we can head out the back door."

"You're the best." I say as I grab my jacket and backpack.

"Oh I know." Frank smiles as we walk into the hallway.

We walk out to the parking lot and get into his car. It's old and kinda rusted, it's some weird make that I've never heard of before (and I know my cars), it sounds like the muffler is going to fall off, and the passenger side door doesn't open. I crawl across the drivers seat then Frank gets in the car after me.

"So what do you want to do?" He wonders.

"I'll buy Dairy Queen." I offer and he nods.

"Sounds good to me." Frank agrees and turns over the engine.

We drive across town to the closest Dairy Queen and stand in line. We shove each other in line and joke around. We order sundaes and go to sit in a booth.

"So how's princess fitting in?" Frank asks with a laugh.

"Mack is doing good, he's fitting in fine with the jockstraps being a linebacker and all." I explain and he rolls his eyes.

"I want to punch most of them in the face." He admits. "Your brother's not a dick like the majority of them but he's still quite annoying."

"He's a parents wet dream or something, straight As, football star, that perfect kid." I half smile.

"Not easy living in that shadow I take it." Frank says and I nod.

"I love him and everything but he's too perfect some times." I admit.

"Your old man like him?" He wonders and I shake my head.

"My old man doesn't like anyone." I say simply and he looks at me. "Dad has uh, well, I don't know. He's not father of a year or anything."

"Yeah neither is mine." Frank admits.

"I think our dads would be friends." I comment and he laughs.

"Probably." He agrees. "Hey what are you doing Saturday?"

"I'm in detention and I think you're supposed to be too." I remind him and he nods.

"So you're free too! Let's ditch out on detention and go to Tacoma or something." Frank says and I give him a confused look.

"Why Tacoma?" I wonder and he shrugs.

"Beats detention and I promise you'll be back before the Dick and princess find out." He says and I nod.

"Okay, sounds like fun." I admit and he smiles.

"Awesome." Frank agrees.

I guess anything beats detention and going to Tacoma with Frank could be fun, I mean we could figure out how to get in trouble and that should be fun. I mean we figure out ways to get into trouble when we're at school it should be a million times easier when neither of us our supervised. Saturday just got a little more interesting.