Old North State

Just over two months from the wedding we're all at my Gramps' farm in North Carolina for Dakota and CC's wedding. Which is hectic, I really wish I could drink right now. I want to jab out my eyes or maybe Dakota's. I love my cousin but Jesus! She takes the term bridezilla to a whole new level.

No one knows about my two month pregnancy yet because Nikki and I decided that we were going to wait until the end of the first trimester, so about three months pregnant. That way we'll know that the baby is growing and progressing the way he or she should be. I've also got off quite lucky because I haven't gained any weight yet.

The OBGYN says that the baby is progressing well and that he or she will be here in January. That's all great but Nikki's going to be on tour in January for their new record that comes out in September. So that freaks me out quite a bit.

Some times we'll go to the doctors and my husband will have more questions for the doctor than I do. Nikki is worrisome about this pregnancy because of the previous miscarriage and because of that he wants as much information as possible and treats me like I'm a porcelain doll. Nikki is worried because the baby hasn't moved yet but the doctor says that the baby won't move until around four months. Nikki is also praying for a little girl, he loves Junie and Tara so much that he wants his own. Personally I don't have a preference for the baby's gender, I just want the baby to be healthy.

Anyways, back to the main topic. Bridezilla.

So remember Alastair? He's been planning Dakota and CC's wedding and that was going really well, 'was' is the key word there. See Alastair got a call saying that is one hundred and eight year old grandmother had died so he had to fly to an undisclosed location for the funeral but he assured Dakota that he'd be back in time to finish up the final wedding touches.

The wedding is tomorrow and we have heard nothing from Alastair.

Dakota is losing her fucking mind! She's going off at everyone about every little thing, She screamed at Rockett yesterday for chewing too loudly. Caroline is trying to keep Dakota calm but that's not working all that well. CC has been avoiding his wife like the Black Death during the day. Everyone else is trying to stay as far away from Dakota as possible because they really don't want to be yelled at.

Me, what I am doing you might ask? I've been playing babysitter. I'd much rather deal with Junie, DJ, Tara, and AJ than deal with their mothers right now and that's what I'm doing.

I had found a quilt that my grandma made when I was small, it still had the smell of her perfume woven into the stitches. Mom used to spread this blanket under the big oak tree off to the side of the property, it's on a little hillock so you can see the rest of the property. We used to sit up here and read books while Mackenzie helped my gramps with the horses and grandma and Dakota baked pies.

I laid down the quilt under the big oak tree that touches the sky, I brought out the little bassinets for AJ and DJ to sleep in, and a couple books for when June and Tara get tired of running around in the tall grass. I sit with my back against the trunk of the tree and watch my nieces and nephews.

Sitting on this knoll brings me back to my childhood but things are a lot different now. The old barn that used to be filled with horses that my Gramps used to tend to daily is now empty and rotting away, the old and weathered wooden fence was once strong enough to tame the horses, the high grass that no one has the hours to cut didn't protrude into the fenced carrel.

Somethings will never chance though, the Clayton sunshine and the warm summer breeze have always welcomes me home. The smell of honeysuckle that always hangs lazily in the air. The bright blue sky that has nothing on Alabama's. Maybe most importantly, the way the stars light up the inky sky.

"Hiding from your cousin?" Someone yells and I look around.

I see Nikki standing in the long grass at the bottom of the hillock with Tara on his shoulders. I smile at him and he starts to walk towards me. My husband kisses my forehead before plopping our niece on my lap and taking a seat beside me with his back against the tree trunk too.

"I'm babysitting." I say as Tara runs off to play with June again.

"It looked like you were in your own little world." My husband tells me and wraps his arm around my shoulders.

"I was." I admit and snuggle a little closer to him.

Nikki and I sit all snuggled up together for a few minutes without talking. Silences usually freak me out but when it's like this I don't mind so much. I just focus on Nikki's breathing. His arm dropped down to my waist and now he's gently dragging his fingers across my stomach.

"It's so pretty here." Nikki says quietly. "It's peaceful and quiet, that's refreshing when you live in Los Angeles."

"Oh definitely." I agree. "You know, I almost had the old man convinced to let you come out her for the summer with us if we didn't move out of Seattle."

"Really?" He asks with a laugh and I nod.

"You could've met my grandma and gotten to know my Gramps a bit better." I continue and he smiles.

"My grandmother wanted to meet you so bad, she wanted the two of us to go out to Idaho for a couple of weeks in the summer." Nikki explains then frowns. "I called her bawling my eyes out the day you left. I didn't know what to do with myself because you were and are my whole world." He admits and I frown.

"Awh, babe." I say.

I pick his face up in my hands and direct his mouth to mine. We just gently kiss for a few minutes, knowing that our nieces are lurking about. When Nikki pulls back he puts his forehead down on mine and locks his gorgeous green eyes on mine.

"You're my sun, my stars, and my moon." I whisper. "Nikki Sixx, you are my everything."

"I love you more than anything and I'm going to love our baby even more." Nikki whispers back before pecking my lips again.

"And I love you."

I no more than get the words out of my mouth and AJ wakes himself up and starts to cry. I move away from Nikki to go tend to my little nephew but my husband grabs my arm.

"I got him." Nikki tells me before crawling over to the bassinet.

I watch as Nikki gently picks up our two month old nephew and cradles him in close. AJ must've just wanted to be held because as soon as Nikki picked him up he stopped crying. Nikki gently bounces AJ while smiling down at him and baby talking to him which makes me smile.

I think Dakota told me one time that there's nothing hotter than a man that's good with kids, my guess is she was referring to CC. I'm going to add on that a little bit. There is nothing hotter than a man you're already in love with and who is the father of your child that is good good kids. It almost makes you fall deeper in love with them.

I scoot over to Nikki and place my chin on his shoulder while wrapping my arms around him from behind.

"You're going to be a great daddy, Nikki." I whisper in his ear and I can see his mouth curve into a smile.

"I can't wait to be a daddy." He admits.

"Soon enough, my love." I remind him and hug him a little tighter.