Epilogue: Marianne

Nikki

Lyric was almost four before Dallas was emotionally ready to let her fly. The first place I wanted to go was Gramps' house in North Carolina. Mackenzie had let us use the house and our little Lyric was so excited to go on vacation.

Dallas was still fast asleep when I decided that I wanted to show Lyric three of the most important people in her mommy's life. I drove to the cemetery with Lyric in the backseat.

"Daddy, where are we?" Lyric asks.

"To meet some long lost family." I say and I watch her make a face.

"I ought Grandpa Tom lived in Idaho?" She asks and I laugh.

"This is some different long lost family, songbird." I assure her as I park the car.

Lyric hold my hand as we walk through the cemetery and we reach two headstones. General Warren Monroe and Amie Monroe, the second is Marianne Andrews. Lyric studies the headstones and looks up at me.

"Marianne is my middle name, daddy." Lyric tells me and I smile.

"Yeah, that's mommy's mom. That's your grandma and that's your great grandparents, Warren and Amie." I explain. "They loved your mommy so much and your mommy loved them."

"Did they love you too?" She wonders.

"Your great gramps sure loved me." I admit. "He knew I made mommy happy. They would've loved you so much and I know they do."

"I met a woman named Marianne in the hospital when I was small." Lyric says. "When I was in the big glass box and you were sitting in on the stool crying. A woman named Marianne stood over me and said everything would be alright and that Dolly and Nikki was going to love me. She looked a lot like mommy."

"Really?" I ask and she nods.

"She comes to me in my dreams some times." She admits.

Dallas never doubted that her mom was watching over us but I guess this proves it.

"Let's go tell mommy that." I beam and pick her up. "You know that daddy loves you very much, right?"

"Yes daddy, I love you too." Lyric whispers and kisses my nose.

Lyric is just like a little Dallas...my life is perfect.