Champagne

"Babe!" I call when I see Nikki about fifteen feet up the hall with Mackenzie.

The day is finally here without Alastair in sight, Caroline has taken over as wedding planner to the best of her abilities but Dakota is still freaking out. I was sent to go find vodka.

Champagne is what Alastair picked for this whole wedding to revolve around. There's going to be one hundred and twenty different kinds of champagne imported for seventeen different countries and I can't fucking drink (not that I like champagne or anything but someone is going to realize that something is up). Also on the topic of champagne, that's the colour dress I'm wearing, it's short and kinda poofy so even if I was showing it wouldn't be as obvious.

I just got out of hair and make up where the make up artist took my glasses and now I don't know where they are so I'm running into everything, I want more than anything to run my hand through my hair, and I want so badly to rub my face but I was told not to. This isn't even my wedding and I'm being restricted, imagine if they knew I was pregnant!

Nikki turns around when he hears his name, my husband says some parting words to my brother before walking over to me. I know before he even reaches me that he's seeing the differences in my appearance, the loads of makeup and my lack of glasses. He comes up to me and kisses my forehead so he doesn't mess up my make up (he knows Dakota will kill him).

"You look beautiful, as always." My husband tells my and gently places his hands on my hips. "Got a boyfriend?" He jokes and I smile.

"No but I got a sexy bass player husband." I admit and he lights up.

"Yeah you do, personally I've got seventeen girls on the go." Nikki jokes and I gently hit his arm. "Dallas, you know I'm joking. You're the only one for me."

"I know." I whisper and he kisses my hair.

"You really do look gorgeous, I miss your glasses though and I thought you threw out your contacts." He questions.

"I did, the make up artist took my glasses off my face and put them somewhere and now I can't find them." I explain. "I'm running into everything!"

"They sure layered on the make up, huh? You really don't need it, baby." Nikki tells me and I smile.

"I didn't wear this much make up to our wedding." I remind him and he laughs. "I want more than anything to rub my fucking face." I admit with a laugh.

"Your cousin would kill you." He laughs.

"I know she would." I agree and I notice that Nikki's one hand has migrated to my stomach. "The baby is doing good." I tell him and he looks down at my stomach but he also sees my bare feet.

"Where are your shoes, babe?" Nikki wonders with a laugh.

"My feet are too puffy to fit in them comfortably so I'm not going to wear them until the ceremony." I admit. "I probably won't wear them at all during the reception."

"Just be careful." He warns me.

"I always am." I promise him and grip his hand.

Before Nikki can say anything else, behind me I hear:

"Have no fear, the wedding planner is here and just in time to say the day!" Alastair's voice rings.

I laugh and turn around to see this fiery little man with slicked back hair and cold blue eyes in a champagne coloured tuxedo. Alastair instantly sees Nikki and I and strides over to us. Nikki starts laughing at his walk but stops before he can reach us.

"Oh my, Nikki and Dallas, it has been ages!" He greets us.

"It's been a few days, Alastair." I remind me.

"A few days, a few decades what does it matter anyways! I feel like it's been so long since your wedding and by the looks of it is say you were busy on the honeymoon." The planner winks.

"Pardon me?" Nikki asks.

"Darling, look at where your hand is placed on your wife." Alastair starts and Nikki stretches out his hand across my stomach. "Dallas's feet are swollen--but not to worry, you look fabulous. Your secret is safe with me. I have fourteen older sisters, I just know what I'm looking for your friends and family don't have a clue."

"There's fourteen more of that?" Nikki mumbles and I gently pinch his hand to get him to shut up.

"Anyways, Dallas, take me to the bride." Alastair commands as he inspects his cuticles.

"Yes, of course." I say and turn to Nikki. "I love you." I whisper and he kisses my nose.

"I love you too." My husband tells me before I walk off with the strange little man.

Nikki

"Dallas, you haven't even touched your champagne." Dakota comments to her cousin at the reception.

"Since went do you refuse alcohol, Dolly?" CC laughs and my wife tightens her grip of my hand.

It's getting harder and harder to keep the whole baby thing a secret because Dallas usually drinks a lot and that's what everyone expects. We have one more month before we can tell everyone as Dallas and I decided but if everyone is going to keep pushing alcohol at her then this is going to be difficult.

"I'm just trying to slow down on it, that's all." Dallas tries.

"Come on, it's my wedding. Today doesn't count." Dakota coaxes and Dallas starts to fidget.

"I, uh, I gotta pee." My wife says quickly and excuses herself extremely awkwardly leaving me with Dakota and CC.

Dakota watches her cousin walk away and frustration boils up inside me against her. Why can't Dakota and CC just drop the whole drinking thing? Why do they keep pushing Dallas? The stress isn't good for my wife and it isn't good for our baby.

"What's gotten into her?" CC wonders.

"Both of you need to back off a little bit." I say a bit harsher than I meant to and they blink.

"Pardon me?" Dakota demands.

"I'm not going to start a fight at your wedding but you need to back off when it comes to Dallas and drinking." I explain. "Look I've gotta go find her." I say and I walk past them.

I find Dallas leaning against the wall outside of the hall. I stand in front of her and put my hands on her sides and my head down on hers.

"I hate lying to them." She whispers.

"Only one more month then we can tell all of them, okay? We can make it." I promise her.