Space Needle

Mack dropped me off at the school for my detention not knowing about Frank's plan to skip town. I walk into the library and it's completely empty. I sigh thinking that Frank skipped out on detention. I drop down on to one of the chairs and pull out a magazine.

After about five minutes someone walks in and I look up from the article about Queen. Frank drops down beside me and I smile.

"Thought you were skipping out on me." I admit and he grins.

"You're the only reason I still come to detention." Frank tells me and I smile. "Dick was reading a dirty book when I walked past his office, now's a good time to sneak out."

"Okay." I say as we stand up.

We go to the furthest back window and I watch him push the window open and pop out the screen. Frank climbs out the window first and drops down about ten feet. I sit in the window and look down horrified.

I've been scared of heights since I was small, I fell out of tree at my cousin Dakota's when I was five. I broke my arm and now I have a deathly fear of heights. Like its bad I nearly died on planes and it's just horrible.

"Come on, Dallas." Frank calls up at me.

"I-I-I can't." I mutter out.

"What are you? Scared of heights?" He asks.

"No." I lie and he shakes his head.

"It's not that high, Dall." Frank says. "It's like ten feet."

"That's like twice my size, Frank!" I remind him and he laughs.

"Just close your eyes and push off, you'll be fine." He says and I scowl. "Trust me."

"Okay." I say quietly.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath. I push myself off the ledge and start towards the ground. After a while of no impact I open my eyes again. Frank is holding on to my and he smiles.

"You good?" He wonders and I nod. "Okay let's go."

We go to his car and drive away from the school.

"Hey, how are we getting back into the school?" I wonder and he shrugs.

"The front door." Frank says simply and I roll my eyes.

We drive for a little while with The Rolling Stones blaring but we don't leave Seattle. We actually drive further into town and closer to the Space Needle I think it's called, the big tower in the skyline. I look over to him and turn down the radio.

"I thought we were going to Tacoma?" I ask and he nods.

"We are but I want to show you something first." Frank says as we pull into underground parking. "We have all day and Tacoma isn't far from here."

Frank pays the worker and we walk up onto the street. Frank directs us because well I don't know where I'm going. I look around and we're standing in front of the Space Needle. I look up at the building causing Frank to laugh, he grabs my hand and pulls me inside.

There's a little tickets booth like the ones in the subway and there's a couple of little tour groups heading towards elevators. Frank pulls me by my hand and he steps over the little blocker arms, I duck underneath them because I'm not tall enough to step over them. He looks around for security guards before pulling me over to one of the tour groups that is squeezing into an elevator.

"What are we doing?" I ask quietly and he laughs.

"Curing your fear of heights, of course." Frank says like it's obvious and my eyes grow.

"What? Asshole!" I hiss and hit his arm but it only makes him laugh.

"It's safe, you won't fall." He assures me and I cross my arms.

"You might get pushed." I mutter but he hears me and laughs.

The elevator stops and we all pile out. The group pushes out to the balcony but I stay back and stand against the wall. Frank doesn't notice at first until he looks around, I laugh as he spins around looking for me. He catches sight of me through the glass and holds his arms out in front of him, I wave through the glass and he smiles. Frank waits for the people to clear from the doorway and he leans in it.

"What the hell are you doing?" He asks and I shrug.

"Appreciating the architecture." I say and he laughs.

"Get your scrawny little ass over here." Frank states and I roll my eyes.

"You know, I'm good where I am." I assure him.

"I will carry your ass out here." He crosses his arms.

"I'll yell rape." I cross my arms and he smirks.

"You won't." Frank states.

"Try me." I state.

I'm not quite sure how this happened but I'm not that big and Frank managed to throw me over his shoulder. That means he's currently toting me out to the balcony. I cover my eyes so I don't have to look around. I get placed back on my feet but I don't move my hands, Frank starts laughing.

"Gonna move your hands?" He asks.

"Nope." I state and he laughs again.

"I think you will." Frank states.

"Nope."

"Yep."

"Nope."

"Wanna makes a bet?" He asks.

"Yeah I do actually." I state.

Frank grabs my sides and I'm ticklish so this doesn't end well. I drive my elbows down onto his wrists and he laughs, I moved my hands from my eyes. I look around frantically and try to cover my eyes again but Frank grabs my hands.

"I hate you." I mutter. "But it is really pretty."

"Yeah and the skyline is pretty too." He says and I look over at him.

Frank smile at me and kisses my lips quickly. He pulls back and I close the gap between us again. Frank kisses me back and opens my mouth with his. We kiss for a while before he get bumped and I jump.

"You alright?" He asks and I nod.

"Yeah, I don't think I'm scared of heights anymore." I laugh and he grins.

"So my plan worked." Frank laughs and laces his fingers through mine. "Let go to Tacoma."

We screwed around for most of the day in Tacoma and made it back to the school before Dick Duncan even realized that we were gone. So I'm not scared of heights, I think I have a boyfriend now, and I didn't have to sit in the school library all Saturday. It definitely beats detention.