The Alien

"I feel out of place." Nikki mumbles as he looks around. "Too many pastels."

We're meeting with the wedding planner but this building is filled with whites and soft pastel colours. Everything is so prim and proper and polished. Nikki and I sit on a pale pink couch that is barley big enough for the two of us, we're not even that big but we're pretty well sitting on top each other. I feel out of place too but Caroline swears by this guy and says that he's the best in the business.

"I feel out of place too." I admit.

"Christ, I feel like if I look at some of this china the wrong way it will shatter." He laughs and I smile. "I'm serious! Everything looks so breakable here!"

"We just won't touch anything, that way nothing can break." I laugh.

This tiny little guy, like five foot two if he's lucky, with greased back black hair and wearing a very expensive salmon coloured suit busts in. He's carrying two huge binders that look to weigh about twenty pounds each. He drops the binders on the desk and all the little crystal figurines tremble under the force. He looks up at us with cold crystal blue eyes and his eyes are those of a mad man, deranged.

I glance to my right to see Nikki looking about as confused as I am. I know we're thinking the same thing...What the fuck did Caroline get us into?

"I am Alastair." He has a weird accent that I can't place to a region, maybe he's just an alien or something. "You must be Dallas and Nikki, Caroline has told me a lot about the two of you. Dallas, you're a rugby player and Nikki, you're a rock star. You two are both very successful." He gossips. "I understand that you two have been engaged for six years?"

"Four." Nikki corrects.

"Still far too long to be engaged, you're going to be old and grey before you tie the knot." Alastair tisks. "How long have you two known each other?"

"About twelve years." I answer.

"Oh my, you should've been married years ago!" I swear this guy's voice gets higher with every word he says.

"That's what everyone has been saying." Nikki admits. "We're both really busy people, a lot of the time if I'm home Dallas is at a tournament or training or something. If Dallas is home I'm on tour." He explains and laces his fingers through mine.

Alastair almost looks sympathetic when he smiles at us, like he almost feels sorry for us but we don't need pity we need help planing a fucking wedding.

"I'm going to help the two of you because God knows that you need it." Alastair smiles. "Did you bring your schedules so we can at least set a date?"

That we did remember! The two of us fish folded up schedules out of our pockets and hand them to the planner. Alastair unfolds the paper and studies them side by side, he takes a deep breath before looking up at the two of us. Those cold eyes study us for a second before he starts talking.

"You really went kidding when you said that you two were busy." He says and we nod. "Other than this week which is impossible, the next week we can do is second week in October. So about two months away, give or take, I've got a lot of work to do." He takes another deep breath. "The two of you have to trust me and I will come through for you. Both of you say Caroline and Mackenzie's wedding and I made that happen. All you two are going to have to do is come dressed to the chapel and I promise that everything will be perfect."

"Sounds like a good fucking deal." Nikki laughs and I smile.

"Of course I do ask that neither of you die doing your jobs." He laughs. "Minimal bruising please, Dallas."

"Yes, sir." I laugh.

We finish up the meeting and pay off Alastair before we walk out to our car. Once we're in the safety of the car Nikki starts laughing his ass off.

"His fucking voice!" He laughs and I smile. "Where the hell is that accent from?"

"I have no idea but Jesus." I laugh. "We're going to get married in the short side of two months, holy shit." I say and he kisses my cheek.

"I can't wait, it's a little rushed but I can't wait to marry you." Nikki admits then kisses my lips. "I love you."

"I love you too, Nikki." I say and kiss him again.

"We have to be and Dakota's in an hour--isn't weird that this place was opened on the Fourth of July?" He asks and I laugh.

"It is a little weird, I'll give you that." I agree.

"But we have to be at Dakota's in about an hour, do you think she'll care if we're late?" Nikki asks as he starts the car.

"Why would we be late?" I wonder. "What did you have in mind?"

"I think you know exactly what I had in mind." He laughs and puts his hand on my thigh. "I mean I think that Dakota will understand, if not CC definitely will."

"Well just tell them that the meeting ran late or something." I say and he grins.

"I love the way you think." Nikki admits and squeezes my knee.

In about two months I'm going to be married to this crazy bass player. It's something that I've been thinking about since I was fourteen years old, I mean I've been crazy about him that long.

I think that we would've been married by now if I didn't move to Australia, I doubt I would've finished high school thought. Nikki was taking about moving to Los Angeles right after graduation and I had planned on going with him. We figured that I could've got a job as a waitress or something and work on getting my GED eventually. I would've had to cut off all ties to my brother and father so they couldn't find me and make me come home, after all I was only going of fifteen.

You can't change the past but I am going to be married to Nikki is October and I absolutely can't wait.