Four Months

Nikki and I both kinda lied, we meant to tell everyone about my pregnancy at three months but then it kind of forgot about telling everyone. We were both wound up in our own little world, we've just been getting everything ready for the baby. So when we were getting ready for the four month appointment we decided that we probably should tell everyone.

Nikki and I are sitting in the waiting room of the OBGYN office. I'm still not gaining a lot of weight which is worrying Nikki and I but as long as our baby is healthy it doesn't really matter, I think. In all honesty I don't think Nikki ever stops worrying about me, if I'm being completely honest.

Nikki grabs my hand and kisses the inside of my wrist.

"Did I ever tell you that I wrote songs about you?" He asks and I smile.

"No, I don't think so." I admit and he smiles. "I want to read them."

"Read them? Baby, you hear them all the time." Nikki tells me and I look at him. "Too Young To Fall In Love and Looks That Kill you're the root of both of those songs. When I wrote those songs you were weighing heavily on my mind, more than usual I guess." He admits and I kiss his lips.

"I love you." I admit and he kissing me again. "With all this being said I know what we should name the baby if it's a girl."

"That works out! I have a boy name." Nikki beams and I smile. "What's the name, baby?"

"Lyric Marianne Sixx, because you're a song writer and after my mom." I explain and he smiles.

"I love it, baby." He admits and kisses my nose. "If the baby is a boy I want to name him Warren Mackenzie, after the two men that have always been there for my beautiful wife."

"I think Mackenzie would cry." I laugh.

"I'm willing to bet that Mackenzie would cry." My husband laughs and I smile. "What do you think, baby?"

"I think it's perfect." I admit and kiss him again.

"I think you're perfect." Nikki tells me. "I love you."

"And I love you." I say.

"Dallas Sixx?" The nurse asks and I stand up.

Nikki

The doctor is doing the ultrasound and I'm breathing because the heartbeat of my baby is coming out of the speakers, everything is okay. Dallas is watching the screen and I watch her, everything is going perfectly. I squeeze her hands and kiss Dallas' forehead.

"Now, do you guys want to know the gender of the baby?" The doctor asks and Dallas looks up at me.

"Want to, baby?" She asks and I nod. "Yeah, we want to know the gender."

The doctor moves around the hand piece around my wife's stomach before freezing the screen.

"Congratulations, you are having a girl." The doctor says.

"Little Lyric, huh?" I ask Dallas and kiss her forehead. "We're going to have a daughter!"

"This is all real, isn't it?" My wife asks and looks up at me again. "We're actually going to have a baby."

"Yeah Dallas, this is all really real." I promise her and she smile.

"I can't wait." She admits softly.

Dallas

Nikki and I walk into Dakota and CC's always busy house, everyone is here and being loud as hell, someone is crying (I like to think that is one of my nieces or nephews but part of me thinks it might be Bret), music is blaring, and Dakota is yelling.

"Home sweet home." Nikki laughs and I smile.

"Come on, let's go find my family members." I say and pull him towards the kitchen. "Dakota will kill me if Tommy knows before her." I remind my husband and he laughs.

We walk into the kitchen to find Dakota holding a crying DJ, Caroline feeding AJ, and Mackenzie with June and Tara on his knee. I guess this is a good a place as any to start telling people about my and Nikki's baby.

"Aunt Dolly! Uncle Nikki!" My nieces squeal and I smile.

Everyone murmurs their hellos and I relieve Dakota from bouncing DJ. Nikki kisses our nephew on his head and then pulls me into his side. He kisses my forehead and Mackenzie groans.

"Do you have to do that here?" He jokingly complains which makes Nikki laugh, Nikki and Mackenzie have really started to warm up to each other which makes me happy.

"Hey, you guys want to see something?" Nikki asks and my brother's eyes grow as well as my cousin's.

"Should I be worried?" Dakota wonders.

"Yeah, what she said." My brother agrees.

"No, it's good I promise." Nikki swears and reaches in my back pocket to grab the ultrasound pictures.

Nikki hands the folded up paper to my cousin and everyone crowds around her. Dakota gently unfolds the paper before smoothing it out on the table. It takes a few minutes for the picture to register with all of them so Nikki starts talking.

"It's a girl, she's due in January." He says and everyone looks up at us.

"You're going to have a baby?" Dakota asks.

"We're going to have a baby!" I agree.

"My baby sister is going to have a baby!" Mack says loudly and that alerts everyone else.

Everyone pours into the kitchen asking a lot of questions. It takes a while to answer of them but we make it through. Everyone is happy for us which makes Nikki and I happy, our baby is going to be born into a very large, very loud, very loving extended family.

"So you're actually going to be a mom?" Dakota asks me later on that night as she walks up beside me with Caroline.

"I am." I admit. "Nikki is going to be a great dad."

"You're going to be a great mom." Caroline assures me and I smile.

"You know, if I'm half the mom you two are to your kids then I'm going to be a great mom." I admit.

I'm going to have a lot to live up to in the mommy department. I have to live up to my mom who was the greatest woman to ever grace this planet. I have to live up to my grandma who mothered me after my mom died. I have to live up to Caroline and Dakota who are both fantastic moms to their children. I just hope I can be like them, I have a lot of good role models.