Future Plans and the Dress

"Nikki, I'm not made of glass." I remind him as I catch him looking at my knee again.

As of right now I've had the surgery to repair the torn ligaments and the surgery was a success. I don't ever play again and that fucking sucks but its something I'm going to have to deal with. I've been talking to a couple of high schools in the area and even UCLA about coaching and they're all really interested. I'm not going to live a life without rugby in it and as its looking right now I won't ever have to.

"I know, I know." He says. "I'm just worried."

"I'm going to be okay." I promise him. "I get that breakable shit from everyone else, I don't need it from you."

I wish I could say that Dakota, Nikki, and Mackenzie were the worst for babying me right now, they're bad but they're not nearly as bad as June and Alastair. Since June is out of school for the summer and isn't working I get her to help with a lot of the wedding stuff so her and Alastair have been spending a lot of time together. They both don't want me to overdo my knee, Alastair wanted to get me a wheel chair but I'm not into that.

"I know you don't need this shit, you're too stubborn to take the help when you need it though." Nikki reminds me. "You're my responsibility to protect so I'm going to make you baby your knee."

"You're a pain in the ass some times." I say and knock my head into his shoulder.

"And you're going to marry me." He reminds me with a laugh. "What are you going to do when I go back on tour tomorrow?"

"Probably died." I say and he looks at me. "Oh, you wanted my agenda?" I ask with a laugh and he smiles. "Alastair wants me to go look at wedding dresses so Caroline, June, Dakota, and I are going to a dress shop."

"You're going to willingly go?" Nikki wonders and I sigh.

"I'm going to buy whichever one makes them happy." I admit.

"Works for me because they're going to make you look hot." He laughs and kisses my lips. "I miss you already and I haven't even left yet. Are you sure that you're going to okay by yourself here? I mean I could get Dakota to stay over here or you could stay with Mack or--"

"Baby, you've got to trust me." I say. "I'm a big girl and I can take care of myself."

"What if you fall down the stairs?" Nikki asks and I laugh.

"Then we're not going to have stairs anymore." I joke and he smiles. "I love you for caring but I can handle this." I promise him and kiss his cheek. "I love you, Nikki Sixx."

"I love you more, Dallas Sixx." He whispers and kisses me.

"I'm not Dallas Sixx yet, babe." I remind him.

"You've been Dallas Sixx in my head for years now." Nikki admits and kisses my nose.

When I dropped Nikki off at the airport I was getting on a plane too. Apparently when Alastair wanted me to go look at a dress he didn't mean here in Los Angeles or even New York, my cousin, sister in law, nieces, and I were boarding a plane to Paris and my fiancé forgot to tell me until that morning.

I slept on the flight much like the rest of my party but we also slept our first day in Paris when I think we were expected to tour around on mini scooters or something. The second day is the day of hell...dress shopping. Alastair was waiting for us at the bridal shop because none of us can speak French. He walks up to our group and beams.

"Ah, my Dallas! Welcome to Paris, ladies!" He greets us. "Now my dear, how is your knee fairing up?"

"I can take the brace off but even by the time the wedding rolls around I won't be able to walk in heels." I explain.

"Good, we can work around heels." Alastair assures us.

"Dallas is petite so I think a short dress would work really well. So with her being able to go Without her brace it works out well." Caroline beams.

"Sure." I agree awkwardly.

"Well, let's get started." Alastair says. "This way, ladies."

I get pushed into a dressing room (gently of course because of my knee) with a little French girl who doesn't speak a word of English. She helps me in and out of so many dresses I lost count. The only time our language barrier was a pain in the ass was when she lost her balance and knocked my knee...that was so much fun.

I end up in a lace dress that falls to my mid thigh, I mean it's a beautiful dress that looks really trashy with my Chuck Taylor's and glasses but it's a really beautiful dress. I feel like Nikki would really love this dress. I look at myself in the dressing room mirror and the little worker smiles.

"Très belle, mademoiselle." She tells me but I don't know what that means but I think belle means beautiful or something.

The little girl ushers me out of the room and back to where Alastair and my family is. I get set up on this little step thing in front of a mirror. My family is all pretty quiet as they look at me and I shift uncomfortably.

"You guys can say something, you know." I remind them. "Like it looks bad."

"No, you look beautiful, Aunt Dolly." June tells me. "Uncle Nikki would love it."

"Baby, you have a point." Dakota agrees with her daughter.

"They're right, Dallas." Caroline agrees.

"Are you okay to take off your brace?" Alastair asks and I nod.

I gently take off the brace and look at myself in the mirror and I do really look good in this dress.

"What do you think, Dallas?" Dakota asks.

"I think for some stupid I love this dress." I admit with a laugh.