Dad's Liqour and District Titles

So about two weeks later Frank and I are a couple and Mackenzie is quite pissed off about it. My brother thinks that Frank is going to get me into more trouble than I can get myself into, I mean we get into more trouble together but Mack is worrying about nothing.

Frank and I skipped last and decided to go to my house to watch movies. Mackenzie has a practice before he plays district championships in tonight and my dad works until like six so the house is empty. I unlock the front door and pulls Frank into the front room, there's still boxes everywhere.

"Sorry about the mess, we're still working on unpacking." I explain.

"No worries." He laughs and looks around. "Your old man sure does like to look at himself."

"Yeah." I sigh. "He loves pictures of himself."

"There's this one of you and brother." Frank says and walks over to the mantelpiece. "You looked so happy playing rugby."

"I love it, I mean its violent and I love it." I laugh and he smiles.

"You're awfully tiny to be playing a contract sport." He says and I roll my eyes.

"You sound like Mackenzie." I tell him and he shakes his head. "I'm fast, I'm in the back line."

We get set up to watch the Jaws but neither of us pay all that much attention to it. We end up making out. Frank pulls back and studies me for a second.

"When are you fourteen again?" He asks and I smile.

"I am fourteen." I say and he makes a face. "Remember that night we went out and drank and scared those little kids?"

"Halloween?" Frank asks and I nod. "Your birthday was Halloween?"

"Yeah?" I ask and he frowns.

"Babe, why didn't you tell me?" He wonders and kisses my knuckles.

"Because I didn't want to make a big deal out of my birthday." I explain.

"Well I do." Frank says matter of factly. "Tonight we're going to do something for your birthday."

"I can't tonight, Frank." I say and kiss his cheek. "Mackenzie plays district championships tonight and I promised him that I'd be there for him. Want to come with me?"

"You know that princess doesn't like me hanging around you and it will just be worse if we're in his sacred place." He says and I smile.

"I knew it was a long shot." I admit and his arm getting tighter around my shoulders.

"I'll see you tomorrow though, I promise." Frank says quietly and kisses my lips gently.

"Oh! I found out the combination for my dad's liquor cabinet." I say as I hop up. "Come on, he drinks everything we'll find something that he won't miss." He laughs as I pull him up.

I lead him back into my dad's office and I move the painting that sits behind the desk. I punch in the code into the key pad. Bottles on top of bottle sit in the little cubby space. Frank comes up behind me and wraps one of his arms around my waist and the other reaches a bottle that's half empty from the back of the cubby.

"Looks like your dad hasn't touched in a few weeks, we should be fine to take from this one." Frank says as he looks at the bottle. "Thirty year old scotch, your dad has pretty good taste." He smiles and kisses my cheek. "Let's have fun." He smirks and grabs my hand.

Later that night I stand against the fence watching the game. Mack and our school's are winning by a touchdown at the end of the second quarter. It's dark and cold but I'm always going to support my big brother. I watch Mackenzie knock a guy out of bounds and I clap.

"Yay Mack!" I say and jump like a little idiot.

Halfway through the third quarter Mack gets a run and makes it to the end zone bumping up the score to them winning by twelve. Mack is a really good player and he's usually the star of the team, behind the quarterback of course.

Arms come around me from behind and someone kisses my cheek. I smile and back into Frank. I look over my shoulder and he smiles at me.

"I thought you didn't think it was a good idea coming to the football game." I say and he kinda laughs.

"I still don't think it's a good idea and I still think that it's gonna bother princess but I came to be with my girlfriend." Frank says and kisses beside my mouth.

"I'm so lucky to have you." I say and he kisses my lips. "I kinda love you."

"I kinda love you too." He smiles.

We go to sit in the grandstands and we watch the game through. Mack has a couple more good runs and knocks the other team out of bounds a couple of times. The other team makes a couple more touchdowns and it's all tied up going into the last forty seconds of the game.

"Can they pull out of this?" Frank wonders.

"I think so. If Mack makes a break or if Jason does or even if Matt does." I say.

"Like Jason and Matt those dicks from detention?" He wonders and I nod.

"Matt is a quarterback and Jason is a linebacker like Mack. They're all really fast." I explain.

"I never thought I'd be rooting for those assholes." Frank admits and pulls me into him. "The things I do for you."

"I love you for it though." I say and put my hand on his chest so I can feel his heartbeat.

I look away from Frank to see Jason sprinting for the end zone a head of everyone.

"Go Jason!" I yell and Frank laughs.

"Go asshole!" He mocks and I elbow but I'm laughing.

Jason makes it to the end zone as the buzzer goes off. They won state championships! I pull Frank down to the parking lot and I we wait by Mackenzie's car. Frank pulls me into him and kisses my forehead.

"You know princess doesn't like me." He says.

"Maybe if you stopped calling him princess." I laugh and he kisses my nose.

"He already has a girl's name." Frank reminds me and I laugh.

"Be nice." I say.

"The fact that I'm banging you probably doesn't help the matter." He says and hugs my neck so I can't shove him.

"Dallas." Mack calls and I turn around.

"Great game." I say and hug him.

"Thank you." He says and looks over my head at my boyfriend. "Frank."

"Princess...I mean Mackenzie." Frank slips up and I smile. "You, uh, played really good. I ne'er thought I'd say that to a football player before."

"I never thought my sister would date a common criminal." Mack says and I push away from him.

"Mackenzie Terrence!" I hiss and Frank laughs.

"I meant that in the nicest possible way." Mack covers and I stand beside my boyfriend.

"You need to learn how to be nicer to him!" I snap at my brother. "I love him and you have to put up with it!"

"You love him?" Mack asks and I nod. "You love her?"

"Yeah, I do." Frank admits and I smile.

"Oh shit, I guess I gotta put up with it then." My brother says.

That's about as much acceptance my brother will give.