Broken Hearted

Australia, fucking Australia. We're moving to fucking Australia! It June now and I found out that Mack, dad, and myself are moving to Sydney, Australia as soon as Mack graduates. I have no idea how to tell Frank.

I can't see Mack sticking around long, he wants to play in the NFL and Australia might not be the best place to do that. I can't leave until I'm at least eighteen so I have about three years before I can't even think about getting the hell out of dodge.

Everything has been going perfect the past few months, like something out of a movie. Like I got Frank to pull up his grades so he graduates this year like he's supposed to. Mackenzie has stopped giving me hell about dating Frank and my dad has never actually cared. I am completely in love with Frank and I really don't want to break up with him.

I've been trying to tell him for a week and a half, now it's three days before both Frank and Mack graduate. I have to tell him.

I pick up the phone and dial his phone number. It rings a couple of times before he answers.

"Hello?" Frank answers sleepily.

"Hey Frank." I say.

"Dallas? It's three o'clock in the morning." He says and I sigh.

"I know and I'm sorry but I have to talk to you." I admit.

"What does that mean? Do you need me to come over?" Frank wonders and I smile. "Look you're freaking me out and I'll be over in like five minutes."

"Okay, I'll see you soon." I say and hang up.

I get dressed and walk downstairs. I sit on the bottom step of the porch and wait for Frank to pull up in front of my house. I pull my hood over my head and jam my hands in my pockets.

I don't want to leave. I love Seattle, I love the rain and I love the Space Needle. I love looking at the skyline and remembering my first kiss with Frank. I love the Seattle Seahawks and I love getting detentions with Frank. I love my school and I am in love with my boyfriend. For once in my life I love where I'm living and I don't want to leave.

Frank's car pulls up and he gets out. He looks at me over the roof of the car as I walk down the path to him. I crawl across the driver's seat and into the passenger. My boyfriend gets in behind me and we start to drive in completely silence. Frank holds my hand as he drives and I feel my heart breaking. I can feel tears well up in my eyes but I don't want to let them fall.

"Okay, babe." Frank says as he parks. "What's going on?"

"I, uh, dad got posted again." I admit with out looking at him.

"How far away?" He wonders.

"Australia." I say quietly.

"What?"Frank ask me again and I look over at him.

"Please don't make me say it again." I plead and he frowns.

"You're not joking either, are you?" He asks and I shake my head as tears start to fall down my face. "Hey, come here." He says softly.

I crawl into Frank's lap and wrap my arms around his shoulders, he hugs my hips and kisses my cheek. My boyfriend holds me and let's me cry for a while.

"Hey, this could be a great experience. I mean you said that you love rugby and Australia loves rugby, right?" Frank asks and I pull back a bit.

"I love you more than I ever loved rugby, Frank." I tell him and he smiles.

"I think you've just been cheating on rugby with me." He tells me with a laugh and I wipe the tears from my cheeks. "Don't you cry over me."

"Why shouldn't I?" I wonder and he smiles.

"I'll find you again and then I'm going to marry you and we'll live happily ever after, you'll see." Frank says and I shake my head.

"I give it three months and you'll forget my name." I say and he shakes his head.

"Not going to happen but you on the other hand, you'll meet some rugby player and forget about me." He states and I shake my head.

"No way in hell. I love you." I tell him and kiss his lips.

"I will always love you." Frank promises me. "I'll find you again, we'll both be big and famous and making history. It will be perfect."

"Hopefully one day." I smile and he kisses my lips again. "But you have to do me a favour."

"And what's that?" He wonders.

"Give this place hell for me." I smirk and he laughs.

"You know I can do that!" Frank laughs and puts his forehead on mine. "Promise me wherever you end up you'll give them hell too."

"Always." I say and kiss his lips.