The Prom Picture

Nikki

Dallas and Dakota are helping Janet with lunch, June is asleep in one of the bedrooms, so CC and I are sitting in the dining room with Warren.

Warren is not your typical grandfather, he doesn't look like he's eighty four years old. He still stands at about five foot ten and has grey hair and looks like a grandfather but doesn't look like he's eighty four. Warren is kinda intimating he's seen more hell than anyone else on this planet ever will, he's seen World War Two and had to put his daughters and wife in the ground. I mean he also looks like he could kill me with his baby finger so there's that.

"So you were in the same infantry as Dallas' dad?" CC asks and Warren rolls his eyes.

"Useless Yankee twit." He mutter and CC's eyes grow.

"Me?" The guitar player asks.

"No not you, Ken. He's from New Jersey and Marianne only dated him to piss me off. Same with Elizabeth and dating Roy except Roy was from Kentucky." Warren explains. "Elizabeth and Roy were Dakota's parents, considering I didn't know your name and she has nothing nice to say about her old man I doubt you knew that." He tells CC.

"Dakota talks about her mom all the time." CC says.

"The picture on the wall is it of Marianne and Elizabeth?" I ask and point to it.

"Yeah, Marianne is on the left and Elizabeth is on the right." Warren explains.

Marianne and Elizabeth look a lot alike with dark brown hair and grey eyes, I mean I assume the picture is black and white. Dakota and Dallas look a lot like their mothers and I know that Dallas knows that.

Warren leads us throughout the hallways and the family room pointing at pictures and telling us about them. Mackenzie is a spitting image of their grandfather, there was this picture of Warren in his military dressings before he went to Europe and it was Mackenzie down to the ginger hair. When we get to Warren and his wife, Amie's, wedding picture he explains their great age difference and how they got married right after he got back from Normandy.

There's so many pictures of Dallas and Dakota scattered across the house and you can tell that Warren loves his granddaughters.

"Nikki, I think you'll know this one." He says and touches a frame.

I look at the picture and I grin. Dallas and I are standing in front of our high school and we're wearing the fanciest clothes we owned. We were at prom.

In all honesty I didn't want to go to prom but my mother told I had to go. See I got this information about three weeks before the date so I had to rush to get all the fancy clothes. I assumed I asked Dallas to go with me but I guess it slipped my mind.

I was talking to Dallas on the phone and then the prom stuff pops into my head.

"What colour are you wearing to prom? I think we have to match and I still have to order that flower wrist thing." I asked.

"Are we going to prom?" She asked me and my eyes grew.

"Oh shit, did I forget to ask you?" I asked her and she laughed.

"I guess you did." Dallas laughed.

"Hold on, I'll be right over." I said and hung up the phone.

I figured if I was going to ask my girlfriend to go to prom with me I was going to do it in the best possible way. Dallas' favourite thing on this planet is hot fudge sundaes from Dairy Queen so I bought her ice cream and went over to her house.

I stood outside the front door and I knocked with the knocker thing. Dallas' head poked out her bedroom window and she looked down at me confused.

"We know that we don't lock the door." Dallas called. "Why don't you just come inside?"

"Dallas, come on." I said and she rolled her eyes.

A couple of minutes later Dallas opened the door and I smiled at her. I took her hand in mine and held out the sundae to her which made her laugh.

"Dallas, will you please go to prom with me?" I asked and she smiled.

Dallas pulled me closer to her and I kissed her lips. She pulled back from me and smiled her perfect smile.

"I'd love to go to prom with you." Dallas said and looked at the sundae. "Let's go eat this." She said before pulling me into the house.

I didn't know what I was expecting when I pulled up to the Andrews' house. I walked up to the door and Mackenzie answered the door, he looked more pissed off than usual. He crossed his arms and glared at me.

"He princess, is Dallas ready?" I asked and he scowled.

"You break her heart and even the police won't find your body." He told me.

"Mackenzie Terrance!" My girlfriend hissed and I laughed.

Dallas shoved her brother away from the doorway and stood where he stood. She was always the most beautiful girl in our school but at this moment she surpassed every girl to ever walk this planet. She stood in a dress that was the colour of red wine that popped against her pale skin. She held a pair of black heels that I'm almost positive she can't walk in. Dallas looks up and me and her makeup is done perfectly, with dark eyeliner and mascara and dark red lipstick.

"You look stunning." I said and she smiled.

"I'm an artist, makeup is just another medium." Dallas said simply.

"You're stunning all the time." I assured her.

Dallas and I just made fun of everyone the whole time and ended up leaving after an hour to go get drunk and fuck but for the hour that we were it was fun. Dallas and I were both uncomfortable.

"Sixx, is that you?" CC asks and looks at the picture. "You were a weird looking teenager."

"Yeah? Well I've seen pictures of you as a teenager and you weren't much better." I laugh.

"Hey guys." My girlfriend's voice rings and we look down the hall at her. "Lunch is ready." She smiles which makes me smile.

Dallas is still the most stunning woman on this planet.