Ladylike

Nikki and I really planned on getting married but then we got really busy.

Mötley Crüe really took off after Theatre of Pain came out and their attention almost doubled after Girls, Girls, Girls came out. Every time they turned around they had to go on tour again or they had to do interviews or something. I'm happy the band is as big as they are but some times it feels like I never see them anymore. I talk to Nikki on the phone all the time and our relationship is fantastic but I do miss him.

Poison even took off and I honestly thought that would never happen (don't tell Dakota or the guys I said that). They got signed in 1986 and their break out album came out later that year, that was called Look What The Cat Dragged In. In 1988 their second album came out, Open Up And Say...Ahh. They've been touring tours and living out their dream which is great, Dakota finally knows what I've felt since Nikki and I got together.

June is going on seven this September and she's going into the second grade. I can't believe how big she's getting, she's the biggest sweetheart on this planet. June has picked up the attitude that I share with her mother which is funny as hell. Even though we're not married yet June has started to call Nikki 'uncle Nikki' which my fiancé loves so much. June has phased her way out of ballet and started to play soccer but I can tell that's not going to last long because she's got a mean streak a mile long in her and she's pretty violent. June still has to wear her glasses and she got bullied for a little while because of them but that stopped as soon as Nikki and Tommy picked her up from school.

Rebel Heart opened up again and is as busy as ever. Dakota is in her glory and loving how busy the bar is. She's been able to pay me back for what I gave her which I insisted that she didn't have to but Dakota threatened to beat the snot out of me so I listened to her.

Mackenzie got traded to the Los Angeles Raiders in '85 which as a Seahawks fan I was kinda disappointed but I am happy to have my brother closer. He married this really nice girl named Caroline and they had a baby girl in December of 1985, they named her Tara. They're a happy family with a two and a half year old.

As for me I've been bouncing back and forth between continents playing rugby and having the time of me life. I'm living my dream doing what I love and I couldn't be happier. I work at the bar when I can just to keep busy when Nikki's on tour and so I don't go insane.

Nikki and I are still in our perfect little relationship. I moved into his house shortly after our engagement and we couldn't be happy if we tried. Come April we'll be together four years and we still love each other so that's always a good thing. I love him more than anything, I can't wait to marry him and we are planning to get married. One day we'll get married. We talked about going down the the court house or even running to Vegas but Dakota and Mackenzie caught wind of the and ended it quickly.

So that about brings you up to speed, welcome to July 1988.

July 1988

"All I'm saying is the mom and dad have been together for seven years and they're not even engaged yet." June tells me as she sits beside me on the bar. "Uncle Nikki at least asked you, I think you guys should get married and have me as a junior bridesmaid."

"I thought you would've gunned for the flower girl position." I laugh and she shrugs.

"I figure Tara has that position." She admits and I smile. "Why don't you and Unlce Nikki just get married?"

"We're going to try this year but we're like two ships passing in the night, our schedules just don't coincide often enough to plan a wedding." I explain.

"Uncle Nikki is home now." June reminds me.

"But he's sleeping and it takes a really long time to plan a wedding." I tell her and she sighs. "Uncle Nikki and I love each other just like your mommy and daddy do, isn't that all that matters?"

"I guess." She mumbles and starts to fix her glasses. "If it makes you feel any better I've been on dad's ass too."

"Hey, watch your mouth, little one. Your mother would kick your ass if she heard you talking like that." I tell her and she rolls her eyes. "Don't take that attitude with me either, I created that attitude." I laugh and she smiles.

"I know, mom told me." June smiles.

"Dallas Marianne, June Elizabeth! Get your asses off my bar." Dakota says and pushes us off the bar. "What are you two up to?"

"Talking about Uncle Nikki." My niece says.

"Oh! Dallas' favourite thing to talk about." Dakota laughs and I smile.

"You've got that right." I admit with a laugh.

"Crushing or something, babe?" Nikki asks as he walks over.

"Yeah, since I was fourteen." I admit and he puts his forehead down on mine.

"I love you so fucking much." He whispers with his lips against mine.

"I love you too." I mumble into his mouth and put my hands on his shoulders.

Dakota doesn't put up much of a fuse about Nikki and I making out in the bar anymore. I think it's because she knows what it feels like to go months without seeing you boyfriend or fiancé. That's why I was confused when someone called.

"Dallas! Put your tongue back in your mouth! That's not ladylike!"

I pull away from Nikki and peek over his shoulder. I'm not sure who said it but standing behind my boyfriend is the whole Poison line up. They're all laughing and judging me and I sigh before knocking my head onto Nikki's shoulder.

"I missed the quiet." I mumble and Nikki laughs before looking over his shoulder.

"Oh." He mumbles.

When I look up again I see CC and Dakota making out and I roll my eyes. Nikki pulls me close and kisses my temple.

"Now who's not being ladylike?" My boyfriend mutters and I laugh.