About Dallas

Nikki

When Dallas and I came back to her apartment, well, for lack of a better term she crashed. I guess we didn't sleep a lot at my place. I slept for a little while too but I woke up and now I'm watching tv so I don't wake up Dallas. I just got back into her good graces and I honestly don't need to get back on her shit list.

I honestly think I know everything about my sleeping girlfriend. I mean she was my best friend before she was my girlfriend, Dallas hasn't changed all that much since we were kids in school if I'm being completely honest. I mean she's a little taller but she's still as absolutely stunning as she was in school and she's still that beautiful person on the inside. I am still in love with her, I mean clearly.

Dallas and I were watching a rugby game on tv, she was explaining everything to me as it was happening. In all honesty none of it was registering in my head and I knew was that someone listening to Dallas talk about something that she's so passionate about was making her so fucking happy.

At this point we were together for about a month and I knew that I was completely in love with her. We were at the point that we could tell each other that we love the other and today made me realize it all over again.

Dallas grew up in a family where the best thing she did for them was cooking and making sure they didn't starve. Mackenzie and their father never really listened to her. She bottled up her emotions since her mom's death and that turned into bottling up every little thought she had. Dallas has opinions on everything and is quite literally the best person to have a conversation with.

"---and that's about it. It's a pretty simple game." Dallas concluded and looked away from the tv and back at me. "What are you smiling about?"

"Just you." I admitted and she smiled.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"You have so much passion for this sport and I love watching you like this." I admitted again. "I wish I have as much passion for something as you have for rugby for literally anything."

"I don't know, Frank. It just makes me happy." Dallas said sheepishly and I kissed her cheek.

"I love seeing you as happy as rugby makes you." I explained.

Dallas is passionate about everything she does and I didn't understand why. Then I picked up a bass and I found my rugby. I finally understood what made Dallas rant on and on for literally hours about somethings. I found something that I love as much as Dallas loves rugby.

As soon as I started song writing Dallas seeped into my lyrics. That's how songs like Looks That Kill and Too Young To Fall In Love came from. Dallas is the root of both of those songs. Dallas has always been in my mind whether I was aware of it or not.

Jerking me from my though and scaring the living hell out of me, the door busts open and Mack busts into the apartment in a pissed off mess.

"Where's my sister?" He demands and I stand up to close her bedroom door.

"Sleeping and unless you want to deal with her being extremely pissed off I'd keep your voice down." I warn as I close her bedroom door.

"It might be best if I have this conversation with you anyways." Mack says and crosses his arms. "I want you to break up with my sister."

"Umm, no." I say and walk back to the couch.

"You're not good for her." He says and sits in the arm chair.

"But she's good for me and I love her and oh yeah! I'm not going anywhere, alright?" I ask but you can tell in my voice that I'm pretty pissed off.

"You don't know anything about her!" Mack snaps and I roll my eyes.

"I'm pretty sure I know more about her than you do." I say and he rolls his eyes. "What position does she play in rugby? Who's her favourite singer? What's her art medium? What's her favourite book? What's her favourite movie? What is she most scared of? What did she study at NC State? Do you know anything about your little sister?"

Mack is quiet for a really long time, I know he doesn't know the answer to any of those questions because he doesn't talk to his sister and he doesn't listen to her. I know for a fact that I know the answer to all of these. I sigh.

"Dallas plays fullback in rugby, that's number fifteen. Her favourite singer is David Bowie but her favourite band is Mötley Crüe, for obvious reasons. Her favourite art medium is paint or pencil. Her favourite book is Carrie by Stephen King. Her favourite movie is Christine. She's most scared of heights even though it's better than it was. Dallas studied kinesiology at NC State." I answer my own questions. "Do you even know Dallas' birthday?"

"June thirtieth." Mack answers quickly and I shake my head.

"October thirty first." I say. "Her birthday is literally Halloween."

"How do you know all this stuff?" The princess asks completely dumbfounded and I shrug.

"I listen to her." I say simply. "It's not rocket science and considering that you don't know the simplest things about her you have no right to say what's good for Dallas. I honestly think I'm better for her and you're the toxic one."

Mackenzie leave in a pissed off mess, in a similar fashion to the way he arrived. He slams the door which wakes up Dallas who walks out of the bedroom sleepily. Dallas yawns and drops down on the couch putting her head in my lap. I move hair away from her face and she yawns again.

"Who was here and why did they slam the door?" Dallas asks.

"Your stupid brother and I pissed him off." I explain and she nods. "I was giving him hell." I kinda laugh and she smiles.

"Sounds like fun." She says and sits up. "Come on." Dallas says while standing up and pulling me to my feet.

"Where are we going?" I ask kinda confused.

"Bed." Dallas answers simply. "I think you can infer what we're going to do from the context."

"Yeah, I can." I laugh as she locks the door.

"I'm not leaving locking the door up to you anymore." Dallas laughs and I smile.

I love this pain in the ass.