Parents

"Aunt Dolly!" Tara yells from Caroline's arms as my brother and sister in law walk into the bar.

"Hey Tara." I say as I go over and take her from Caroline's arms.

Thank every God in heaven that Tara looks like Caroline and not my brother, Mackenzie. She has short jet black hair that usually stays in pigtails and clear blue eyes, Tara is a cute little girl.

I walk back over to Nikki and the rest of the bands and I sit back down with Tara on my lap. Nikki starts to play with Tara and wraps one of his arms around me. Nikki's so good with little kids, he's going to be a great dad one day. He looks up to see me looking at him and Nikki smiles at me before kisses my lips.

"I love you." He tells me quietly. "Maybe we should try have a baby." Nikki makes sure to say that quietly so no one else hears.

I smile and kiss his lips quickly and my fiancé kinda laughs before he starts to kiss me back. Tara starts to laugh which makes my Mackenzie and Caroline laugh. Nikki pulls back and smiles at me.

"Can I take that as a yes?" He wonders and I nod.

"Yeah." I agree and his smile broadens.

"So what is everyone doing for the Fourth of July?" Caroline wonders.

"Daddy, can we do fireworks at the house?" June asks CC. "We can invite everyone."

"I guess we're doing fireworks at our house." CC kinda laughs.

"We can do a barbecue too." Dakota adds as she sits down with us.

"And we can get sparklers!" June almost yells.

When the bar reopened Dakota hired enough employees and a general manager so she could step back from the bar. So now my cousin can sit back and watch her bar flourish. For the first time since she lost her baby I honestly think my cousin is at peace and happy.

Nikki steals Tara from my lap and starts to tickle her which makes me smile. Nikki is going to be a good dad and I think we're in a good place to try for a baby. I mean I doubt that we'll have very good luck at first, I mean look at our progress for wedding planning. I'm sure us trying doesn't mean we'll get pregnant as soon as we start trying.

"So are you two ever going to get married?" Caroline asks. "You two have been engaged as long as I've been around."

"We both so busy it's hard to be able to sit down and plan a wedding." Nikki explains what I've been explaining for years now. "We will get married though, one day."

"I mean you two got mad when we talked about running to Vegas." I say and nod towards my cousin and my brother.

"Our parents would roll over in their graves." Mackenzie mumbles and I roll my eyes.

"Why don't you guys just hire a wedding planner?" Dakota offers and Nikki looks over to me confused.

"Is that a real thing?" He asks and I shrug.

"Of course it is, I know a really good one." Caroline says. "He planned our wedding and made sure everything ran off without a hitch. I can get you his number."

"Is that something you'd consider, babe?" I ask and grab Nikki's hand.

"Yeah, I mean it wouldn't hurt to talk to the guy." Nikki says and squeezes my hand. "Then we can at least say we're working on the wedding thing." He laughs and kisses my knuckles.