Slip Ups

Nikki

Dallas has been in Los Angeles about a month now and I love have her back, I mean were best friends (sorry Tommy). She's just as sarcastic and funny as she was when she was fourteen and she has more stories to tell about Australia and her time at university. She beats all of us at beer pong though, I see how she spent her time at NC State.

Dallas still has that thing about her that draws me towards her. She still has her amazing personality. She still has those beautiful storm cloud eyes. She still has her amazing smile. She still has my heart although I won't admit it.

It's been eight years and so much has happened to the both of us. She was fourteen last time we were together and now she's going to be twenty two on her birthday, October 31st. It bothers me a bit that I never got to do anything for her birthday, I mean she bought me Queen tickets. I mean I could do something for her this year, I could get it set up where she could meet Bowie--that's insane, we're not even together.

Dallas is taking orders and doing the waitress thing, I'm trying to watch the guys so no one touches her but I'm trying to do this without getting caught by anyone. She's wearing a black crop top so you can see her abs, belly ring, and tattoos with skin tight blue jeans. Her dark hair is thrown up in a ponytail and her bright smile is crossed her face.

"Right, Nik?" Vince pulls me away from my thoughts about Dallas.

"Uh right." I say quickly and he smiles.

"Told you, T-Bone, he is drooling over Dallas." The singer laughs and my eyes grow.

"I-I-I'm not drooling." I stutter out and they all laugh.

"Why don't you just talk to her?" Mick wonders.

"It's not that easy." I admit.

"Why not? You're Nikki fucking Sixx!" Tommy says loudly.

"Because that doesn't matter to her." I explain.

"How doesn't that matter?" Vince wonders.

"She knew me before I moved out to Los Angeles. We dated in high school." I explain. "The whole Nikki Sixx thing doesn't have pull with Dallas."

"You dated her in high school?" Mick asks. "Robbing the cradle, Sixx?"

"She's the same age as Tommy!" I defend and they laugh.

"Do you want me to pass her a note in study hall to see if she wants to get back together?" Tommy laughs and I groan.

"I'm going to kill every single one of you." I state and they laugh harder.

"So I don't get it, why don't you just ask her out?" Vince wonders.

"I can't. I look at her and I don't know what to say. It's like I loose all my words." I explain and they look at me. "Don't look at me like that!"

"I think our Nikki is broken." Vince laughs.

"I think your Nikki needs to get blackout drunk." I admit.

"What if we get Dallas blackout drunk and--" Tommy starts.

"No!" Mick, Vince, and I cut him off.

Dallas

"Hey Dall." Dakota calls as she walks Into the bar.

"Hey Dakota." I say as I load my tray with drinks.

"You got Junie ready for ballet and dropped her off, right?" My cousin asks and I make a face.

"Yeah of course I did." I say as I start to walk back to the table.

"Did you feed her poprox and chocolate milk and paint her face with those lines on her cheek bones?" She asks as she follows me to the table.

I ignore her long enough to put the drinks on the table.

"Cheers." I tell the people and turn back to my cousin. "Yeah, why wouldn't I? I'm the fun aunt."

"She puked at the studio!" Dakota tells me and I laugh.

"Atta girl." I laugh. "She was in her tutu and on time, I think I beat out Bret and Bobby. I mean they took her to a strip joint." I remind her and she sighs.

"Fair enough." She admits and walks away.

"Well I think I won." I say to myself and walk back to the bar.

The bar eventually clears out and all that's left is Bret, Bobby, Rikki, CC, Vince, Mick, Tommy, Nikki, Dakota, and I. All the guys are really really extremely hammered. They're stumbling all over themselves and laughing about it, they're not going to remember much of today.

I'm sitting up on the bar watching sports highlights from the Yankees game. I pull my legs up so I'm watching the highlights crisscross applesauce. Nikki stumbles up to the bar then laughs his ass off when he runs into a stool.

"Come here." He slurs and grabs ahold of my wrist.

See again I'm not sure what happened but Nikki yanked me off the bar and I collide win him and we both end up on the bar floor with me on top of Nikki. Nobody else is really paying all that much attention but I can hear Bobby and Bret laughing.

I look up and catch his eyes but he's already looking at me. Nikki has really beautiful eyes and you can't see them a lot of the time but at this angle I can see his these eyes, These mesmerizing green eyes. I didn't see them a lot in high school because his hair covers them a lot of the time.

"Nikki, you're cut off, okay?" I see and he looks at me.

"Why?" He whines as I stand up.

I offer him a hand up and he takes it. Nikki stumbles as he makes it to his feet and just wraps his arms around me to keep his balance.

"Why no more?" Nikki slurs again.

"Because I love you and I don't what your liver to stop working." I say quickly.

I did slip up there and say that I love him but he's drunk and won't remember it.

"You're right, I ain't gonna drink no more and I'm gonna go home and go to bed." He laughs and looks around. "I just gotta find my keys."

"Nik, you're not driving like this." I say and he looks at me.

"Why?" He complains again.

"Because I don't want you to get arrested or I don't want you to die." I say and look around. "I'll drive you home." I grab my keys. "Come on."

We have to walk slowly so he doesn't fall over his feet but eventually make it out to the back parking lot and to my Charger. Nikki falls into the passenger side sit and refuses to put on his seatbelt. He kinda bounces around while I drive to his house.

"You 'member when I let you drive my car when you were fourteen?" Nikki asks. "You nearly had a heart attack." He reminds me and I half smile. "Or 'member that time we-we-we had sex." Nikki starts laughing his ass off.

"Oh you're so drunk." I laugh as I pull up to his house.

I walk Nikki inside so he doesn't pass out in his front yard. He stumbles into the living room and drops down on the couch.

"Okay Nikki, sleep off your drunkenness and I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" I ask him and he nods. "Goodnight, Nik."

"Wait!" He yells and stands up quickly and stumbles again.

Nikki walks up and look at me, he stands close to me and looks down at me. Nikki picks up my face and presses his lips to mine quickly. He pulls back but keeps his face about in inch from mine.

"G'night, Dallas, love you." Nikki says quickly and goes back over to the couch and passes out.

I walk out the door and just stand on the front porch for a second. That wasn't him kissing me, it was a full night's worth of alcohol kissing me. He wouldn't do it when he's sober, I mean he's a rock star and I'm just some waitress. But Nikki kisses me and told me that he loved me, it was just the alcohol talking. He won't remember it tomorrow.