Locked Doors

"Nikki, what are you thinking about?" I ask as I put my feet in his lap.

He smiles and grabs my feet, pulling me closer to him. Nikki kisses my cheek then my lips.

We're sitting in my apartment because I'm hiding out from my family. Dakota has been acting weird lately and I'm not mentally prepared to deal with her. Mackenzie and Katherine are still in town and I'm not emotionally prepared to deal with them. Nikki and I decided that it was probably best if I just avoid them for a little while. But I can't avoid them forever because Mack and Katherine are coming here to my apartment to make sure I'm living properly or something.

"I'm thinking about you and your stupid brother and his stupid girlfriend." He admits. "I think you could take Katherine." He says and with a laugh and I smile.

"I know I could take Katherine." I state. "I can take Mackenzie too."

"You're just full of yourself, aren't you?" Nikki smiles and kisses my cheek again.

"I am and I'm quite proud of it." I laugh and kiss his lips. "I love you."

"I love hearing that." He smiles and kisses me again. "I love you so fucking much."

I've been in love with Nikki for almost eight years now and I'm finally being able to tell him again. He's quite literally the only guy I've thought about since I moved away. Like yeah I had other boyfriends but none of them could compare. Nikki was the mark to where every other guy was measured and no one else measured up.

Nikki pulls back and plays with my fingers.

"What's the plan for today, baby?" He wonders while looking at our fingers.

"Mack and Katherine are coming over in a couple hours." I remind him and he groans. "Hey, if I have to be here with them so do you." I say and he screws up his face.

"What if I say that Tommy needs me and it's an emergency?" Nikki tries and I smirk.

"Then you're not getting any of a long long time." I challenge and he groans.

"That's worse than putting up with your brother and his whore for a couple of hours." He admits and kisses my nose. "But I'm the best boyfriend ever." Nikki states and I laugh.

"Yes, you are." I agree and kiss his lips.

"Baby?" Nikki asks as he pulls back. "We have time until princess and skank show up so let's have fun."

Before I can answer Nikki has me thrown over his shoulder and is walking me towards my bedroom. He drops me on my bed and hovers over me. He smiles before kissing my lips again and pushing me backwards so I'm laying down.

"Nikki? You locked the door, right?" I ask.

"Yup." Nikki says quickly before starting to kiss my neck.

Mackenzie

"We're early." Katherine says as we walk up the stairs towards Dallas' apartment.

"She's not going to mind, she's my little sister and is probably over the moon excited to see me." I state proudly.

The last time I remember seeing Dallas was the week before she started her last year at NC State. I missed her graduation and I felt like shit for it but I have had a lot on my plate the last couple years.

I dropped out of law school halfway through my first semester, Seattle Seahawks wanted me to start in a training camp. I've been on the main roaster for three years now and I'm absolutely loving it. I'm doing exactly what I was born to do.

Uncle Roy, who was Dakota's father, said that my mama was exhausted after she had me, said it took two nurses to hold me and one nurse to slap me. Third grade I was five foot two and fifth grade I was wearing a size twelve shoe. Eighth grade I was playing high school football, I was too tall for the other kids.

Every time I tell that story Dallas rolls her eyes and tells me that I'm full of myself. I think she's just jealous because that I was taller by the end of the third grade than she's been in her whole life.

I can't believe that bass player from Mötley Crüe is dating my younger sister. I also can't believe that said bass player is the same asshole that dated Dallas when she was fourteen. I was never actually fond of Frank and considering they're the same person I'm not all that fond of Nikki. I don't think this is going to last long, between Nikki and Dallas, I mean she has to come to her senses at some point.

We reach her apartment door and I try the handle before knocking because Dallas doesn't always remember to lock the door. I open the door and Katherine and I walk inside.

Dallas has always been a relatively neat person and her apartment shows that. There's a few plates in the sink and a couple of glasses on the coffee table but other than that there's not a lot just laying around.

"Where's your younger sister?" Katherine wonders as she pokes around Dallas' book shelf.

"That's a good question." I say. "Maybe she fell asleep."

I walk towards what I assume to be the bedroom and the door is open a little bit. I peer in the opening and I really wish I hadn't. I just got an eye full of my younger sister in bed with her boyfriend.

Katherine comes up behind me and I lose my footing, I stumble into the door that flies open. That obviously alerts Dallas and Nikki and they jump apart. Dallas quickly pulls the comforter up to her chin.

"Mackenzie!" She yells them turns to her boyfriend. "I thought you locked the door?!"

"I was sure I did!" Nikki defends and she rolls her eyes.

"Clearly not!" Dallas snaps and turns to me. "Get out!" She yells.

"Uh, okay!" I say quickly and leave closing the door behind me.

Well, if she wasn't pissed off at me before, Dallas sure as shit is pissed at me now. Like she could spit vinegar or barbed wire, in the words of my grandfather.