Sick in Rome

"Did you end up buying a dress?" Nikki asks when we talk on the phone later that day.

"Yeah, I did. It's short and made of lace, Dakota and Caroline say I look good in it." I explains and he laughs.

"I bet you look so fucking hot in it." He says and I smile. "So are you hiding in your hotel room all night?"

"I had planned on it." I admit and he laughs.

"Why don't you go out with Caroline and Dakota?" Nikki wonders.

"They're knocked up and can't drink, Alastair also told me to stay off my knee." I explain.

"He's not your doctor, baby." He reminds me.

"Neither are you but you tell me to stay off my knee." I remind him.

"Yes but when I do it its out of love, Alastair is just insane." My fiancé laughs and I smile. "I miss you, Dallas, so fucking much."

"I miss you too." I admit.

"Why don't you fly out and meet us? Italy is a short flight from Paris." He offers. "I'd love you have your little ass on tour with me. I mean pissing off Tommy and Vince is always fun, as you can imagine. It will just be worse if they know I can have sex and they can't without their girlfriends getting pissed off." Nikki laughs the last part.

"I think Italy will be fun." I admit and I can almost hear his smile. "I'll try to get a flight out for tomorrow."

"Sounds good, I can't wait to see you." He admits. "I love you so much, I can't wait to marry you."

"I've been thinking about it for years now, baby. Like as soon as I met you I knew I was going to marry your fine ass." Nikki explains. "I mean it was really weird thinking about little fourteen year old you walking down the aisle but I was thinking about it. The day you would've turned eighteen I was going to ask you to marry me."

"Do you ever think about how different our lives would've been if I didn't move away?" I wonder.

"Yeah but none of them fair well for us in the end." He admits. "Nothing good would happen the way I'm thinking about it. If we would've gotten married we'd probably be divorced by now. I might have never joined up with Tommy to start the Crüe. You wouldn't have made it as a rugby player. We would've killed each other's dreams."

"Yeah." I agree quietly.

"We're not doing that now though, we've been together for four fucking years. We're ready to get married." Nikki assures me. "I can't wait to see you."

"I can't wait to see you either." I yawn and he laughs.

"I think you need sleep, baby." He says softly. "Get some rest, Dallas, I'll talk to you in the morning. I love you."

"I love you too, babe." I tell him. "Get some sleep too."

"I will, sweet dreams." He says as the phone disconnects.

The phone no more than disconnected and my stomach decided to do a flip and nausea washes over me before swallowing me whole. I move as fast as my knee will carry me into the bathroom before puking my guts up. Why am I sick all of a sudden? Did I eat something weird?

I probably caught whatever Caroline and Dakota had a few months ago, they were constantly praying to the toilet God...Wait.. They were puking because they were pregnant and what if? I mean I guess it's a possibility but what is Nikki going to think?

I'm probably blowing this out of proportion, I mean I don't think I'm late and I didn't piss on a stick yet. I'm sure I just got some sort of flu bug or something. I'm probably loosing my mind and when I see Nikki tomorrow he's going to tell me the exact same thing.

Nikki

"Babe." I mumble and roll over in bed trying to find Dallas.

Dallas was able to fly into Rome like I was hoping which is great because I missed my baby. I always forget how hard being on tour is on me. I love touring and I love our fans but I love Dallas quite a bit more.

It's the really early hours of the morning and my fiancée should be still in bed because Dallas doesn't really like mornings. I keep feeling around her side up the bed but I keep coming up short. I force my eyes open and look around, the bathroom door is closed but the light is on and shining our the bottom.

"Babe." I mumble and stand up.

I go over to the bathroom door and I hear Dallas coughing up her lungs. I knock on the door.

"Baby, are you okay?" I ask.

"No, I mean yes." She tries. "Fuck, I don't know! I'm puking my goddamn guys up."

"Are you sick?" I wonder.

"No babe, I'm skydiving." Dallas grumbles.

"I mean did you get sick on the plane or something?" I ask.

"No, I was puking in Paris too." She explains.

If she's not sick...could she be pregnant?

"Baby, are you late?" I ask cautiously.

I don't get an answer, I hear the toilet flush and the sink run. The door opens in front of me and my soon to be wife stands in front of me. Dallas looks pale and sick but she was just puking her guts up.

"That's what I'm scared of." She whispers. "I don't know how to be a mother."

"But you're a great aunt to June and Tara, you're going to be an amazing mother." I tell her and kiss her forehead. "Will you come back to bed now?"

"Okay." Dallas agrees quietly. "For the record I think you'd be a great father, baby."

We lay back down at Dallas falls asleep quickly. I can't help but gently touch her stomach, I mean my baby might be inside her. I always knew I'd have kids with Dallas one day, just one day may be sooner than we think.