Beach Reflections

"You actually lived here, huh?" Marcie, a girl from my team asks as we walk down towards the beach.

"For about four years." I tell her.

"Anything to watch out for?" Jess, another player asks.

"Yeah, when you go into the water be careful for jellyfish. My cousin Dakota got stung by one when she came to visit." I explain.

Dakota was honestly so excited to come to Australia, it was for the summer when we were going to be sixteen. Gramps and grandma went to Vegas with a church group so coming out here with Mackenzie sounded more appealing than sitting at home for two weeks.

The first thing she wanted to do was, well, gossip but she also wanted to go to the beach. I never really liked the beach that much, unless it was thunder storming. I liked surfing in the early morning when the beach wasn't packed with a bunch of people. This was two o'clock in the afternoon and the beach was covered in people who shouldn't really be in bathing suits. We sat in beach chairs and looked about at all the stupid people.

"See that woman over there in the red?" I asked and pointed over.

This woman had to be pushing two hundred pounds and she's stuffed into two piece bathing suit. Her name is Arleen and she works as a secretary at my school. Rumour has it that she was banging the principal. She was a nice lady but she was nothing like the secretary at the high school in Seattle, Mrs Mitchell I think her name was.

"Yeah, why?" Dakota wondered.

"She's banging the principal at my school." I said and sipped my drink.

"You're trying too hard to make small talk and you haven't brought that Frank guy up yet." She laughed. "Have you heard from him?"

I wished that I could've still been talking to Frank, I missed him and that's all I was thinking about. I was almost positive that Frank forgot about me and moved on to the next broad, he was probably in Los Angeles and making it big.

"I wish, I haven't talked to him since I moved out of Seattle." I said. "He was talking about changing his name and moving out to LA. He's probably out there right now making it big and banging every girl that walks upright."

"What was the last thing he said to you?" My cousin asked.

We were at the airport and it was a really early flight, I think it left at five thirty in the morning. Frank woke up and drove up to the airport to see us off, the old man even let me ride up to the airport in that shitty old car of his. Frank joked about taking a 'wrong turn' and we'd just go out to LA and in all honesty it probably would've worked because I honestly don't think my dad would've cared.

When we got to the airport I didn't want to leave, I cried more than I'd ever admit to. I knew that I was never going to see Frank again and that broke my heart to a million pieces. Frank hugged me close to him and told me that everything was going to be okay.

"Flight 816 to Sydney, Australia is now boarding."

"No, no, no." I cried and Frank kissed the top of my head.

"Dallas, you're going to be okay." He promised me. "I so you so much and you're going to love Australia."

"I don't want to go, I want to stay here with you." I admitted. "I love you."

Frank smiled down at me and picked up my face. He pressed his lips to mine gently and I started to kiss him back. Mackenzie cleared his throat and we pulled apart.

"Dall, come on." He said softly and put his hand on my shoulder.

"I love you, alright?" Frank asked me. "I always will. Give Australia hell for me, okay?"

That was it, that was the last thing he said to me.

"He, uh, told me that he loved me and he always would and to give this place hell for him." I explained and my cousin smiled.

"You'll meet up again, I'm sure of it." Dakota said. "Come on, let's go swim."

We weren't in the water five minutes when she got stung and we spent all night in the hospital.

"No shit." Jess says pulling me out of my memories.

"Yeah." I say as I sit in a beach chair.

I guess that Dakota was right, I'm not going to tell her that. Are you kidding? I'd never live that down. But she was right, I did met up with him again or at least a variation of him. Frank is Nikki and as much as he doesn't want to admit it Nikki is Frank. I met up with him again and now we're going to get married.

I wish Nikki could've came with me, I would've loved for him to be here. I guess that one of us have to be over seeing Alastair and his crazy ideas, God knows what will happen if we don't watch him....we'll probably have purple flamingos as ring bearers or something. Or he might rearrange the stars to write Sixx in the sky, I'm not going to underestimate his power, I mean we already think that he's an alien life form.

Part of me does wish that I stayed with Nikki and went to LA when he did. Another, more logical, part of me knows that if I went with Nikki I wouldn't be in Australia right now. I'd be Nikki Sixx's trophy wife who he cheats on every time he goes away on tour. I mean it would still be a good life but it wouldn't be my life. I was born to play rugby and that what I'm doing now. I'm on the right track and Nikki supports one hundred percent.

It seems like my life is kinda coming together.