Dr. Feelgood

Nikki had to do publicity stuff for Mötley Crüe's album that comes out today, Dr. Feelgood. I'm thankful that their tour doesn't start until the second week into October so I have a little while before I have to survive being pregnant without my husband. Once he leaves I won't see Nikki until November, it's going to fucking suck!

Caroline and Dakota decided that they were going to leave their children with Mackenzie and they forced me to go look at baby clothes and stuff like that. I think it's because they want to make sure I'm prepared but the baby isn't going to be here until the first week in January. I have lots of time.

Nikki and I do have the baby's room set up with a crib, a changing table, and the closet filled with newborn clothing. We haven't really started buying diapers and supplies yet but we have clothes that Nikki wanted to buy as soon as he found out we are having a girl. I honestly think Nikki is going to have so much fun dressing up our little Lyric.

"How do you think Mackenzie is doing with all the kids?" Dakota wonders.

"He's good with them." Caroline assures her.

I love these two but being alone with them is a little awkward, I mean they're girly and they're sorta proper. There's no guys to joke around with and deflect tension off of me. It's just weird.

"How's Nikki taking this whole pregnancy thing?" Dakota wonders.

"He's excited." I say. "It's something we've been talking about for a while now and it's just now that it's finally happening."

"Like how long is a while?" Caroline questions and I shrug.

"On and off since we got back together." I admit and Dakota looks at me. "What? We already went through the 'getting to know you' phase when we were together in high school. When we got together again it was familiar and it's like we've been together for like thirteen years."

"But you wouldn't have been married." Caroline gasps and I roll my eyes.

"I honestly wouldn't have cared. Nikki and I love each other and I think that's all that really matters." I explain.

We fall into awkward silence again as we wander down an aisle of baby clothes. Both my cousin and my sister in law pulls me towards the newborn baby girl clothes. Caroline picks up a little white onesie that in pink writing reads: Daddy's Little Princess.

"We already have it." I say. "It's one of the first things Nikki bought after he found out we are having a daughter."

"He wanted a daughter, didn't he?" Caroline wonders as she looks at the other baby clothes.

"I think so." I admit as I move clothes around on the hangers.

"You know what bothers me?" My cousin asks.

"Your husband looks like a girl?" I joke and she smacks my shoulder.

"You're really talking?" Dakota asks. "Are you saying that Nikki doesn't look like a girl?"

"Nikki is fucking gorgeous!" I state and they laugh.

"But anyways, it pisses me off that you're five months pregnant and barley showing." She says and touches my stomach.

I'm just barley showing my pregnancy, if I wear some shirts I don't even look pregnant. I mean I've always been kinda tiny so I guess it makes sense that I'm staying tiny. Dakota has always been tiny too but she always showed her pregnancy and I kinda feel bad about it.

"Yeah, did you remember how big I was!?" Caroline asks loudly with a laugh.

"Guys, I can't help it." I mumble.

Suddenly excruciating pain spreads across my stomach and back, I make some sort of ridiculous squeaking noise but at this point I don't really care. Tears well up in my eyes as the pain forces breath from my lungs. All my muscles tense up and can't force them to move.

"Dallas, are you..."

Before Dakota can finish her sentence I feel something running down the inside of my leg, I know that I didn't piss myself either. I look down to see the inside of my jeans and damp. Something is really really wrong...

Nikki

Maybe the proper word could be a press conference, there's so many representatives from different magazines all wanting information about our new record. We're all crowded into this record store while fans are pressed up against the windows hoping to see us. I've always found this part of my job rather boring.

I love playing shows, I love meeting fans, and I love touring but dealing with reporters is kinda boring. It's noting against them or anything but I'd much rather be outside talking to the fans.

Someone puts their hand on my shoulder and I look back to see our manager.

"Hey, man." I greet him but he looks kind of worried.

"There's something that you need to know." He whispers and I nod.

"What's going on?" I wonder.

"This is something that you definitely don't want reporters to hear." He mumbles and nods behind him.

"Okay." I agree and get up from my spot at the table beside Tommy.

I follow our manager back to a back room that the door reads Staff Only. As soon as the door closes behind me and the manager turns around to face me. Everything about him seems jumpy and worried.

"I just got off the phone with Mack, your brother in law." He starts and I laugh.

"I'm familiar with him." I joke and he sighs.

"It's, it's Dallas." He whispers and my heart stops. "She just got rushed to the hospital, they said her water broke."

"Dallas is five months pregnant." I state and he nods.

"There's something really really wrong, Nikki." He whispers. "They don't know what's going to happen to Dallas or the baby."

I've been in more fights than I care to remember, I've broken bones and coughed up blood. With all that being said I've never been more hurt in my whole life. Dallas and my baby girl are both in danger.

"I've got to get to them, they're my whole world." I mumble and blink back tears. "They're so much more important than this."

Dallas

I wake up and the lights are dim, it looks like I'm in a hospital room. I start to push myself up and pain pangs in my stomach. I look around to see Nikki asleep in the chair beside me.

The baby...

I touch my stomach  and I feel the staples across my stomach.

"Nikki?" I call and he groans. "Baby." I plead.

He groggily opens his eyes but as soon as he sees me Nikki wakes up completely. He grabs my hand and kisses my hand.

"Where's the baby?" I whisper and tears well up in my eyes.

"She's so tiny." Nikki starts. "The doctors say that it's not looking good for her, she's too premature. But for now she's okay, it's going to be touch and go for a really long time."

"What are her chances?" I ask not really  wanting to know the answer.

"They transferred her to a children's hospital and the doctors are giving her a ten percent chance of making it to October." He explains. "I don't think I could put her in the ground."

"We won't have to." I whisper. "She'll beat the odds."

"How can you be sure?" Nikki asks.

"She's half you and half me, she's going to pull through." I kiss his hand.

I wish that I could believe myself.

"September 1st, 1989." Nikki mumbles. "Little Lyric and Dr. Feelgood."