Chapter Two

Chapter 2

Demi's POV

I was woken up by a jolt. I looked over and saw Sophie crying and sweating in her sleep.

"Sophie. Wake up." I said shaking her. She only thrashed more let out an ear piercing scream.

"Baby. Wake up. It's Demi I'm here it's okay." I said shaking her more.

Her eyes snapped open and immediate relief came over her. Her eyes filled with tears and she hugged me and sobbed.

"I-It seemed-d so r-real." She choked.

"Shh baby it's okay, you're okay. I got you." I said

She wouldn't stop sobbing so I quietly sand skyscraper to her.

When I finished she quieted down but her breathing was still ragged.

"Wanna talk about it?" I asked

Sophie's POV

"We were in the movies and we were leaving and Todd came up to us and said to me 'I told you I'd find you' and he took out a gun and shot your leg so you could chase after us. And he dragged me to his can and threw me in and drove away. When we got back to my old house he tied me up in a chair and cut me with a knife and burned me and the next day I woke up and you were tied up next to me. You said 'I love you Sophie.' Then he came and cut your neck and killed you and he raped you. Then raped me and-and." I snapped my eyes shut to stop the tears.

"And he told me I didn't deserve you. That you were too good for an ugly fat whore like me. And then he raped me and then you woke me up. I haven't had a dream like that in months Dem. it's because of that fucking call." I said crying again.

"Hey. It's 3am. Lets go to sleep and forget about all of this okay? I'll wrap you in my arms really tight and no one will EVER hurt you. EVER." She said hugging me and pulling me down in the bed. I fell asleep listening to Demi's heartbeat.

I woke up to an empty bed. I started panicking. Demi left me. She left me when I'm the most vulnerable.

"Dem?" I called out. No answer. I ran down the stairs and checked every room. She wasn't here. I started sobbing and went into the bathroom. I pushed my sleeve up and grabbed my razor. I didn't give a fuck anymore. I slashed all the untouched skin in between cuts and cut over cuts and cut on my thighs and stomach. I was sobbing so loud I didn't hear the front door shut.

All of a sudden Demi bursted through the bathroom door. Damn. Should've locked it. I sobbed even more and ran into her arms.

"I-I thought you left me. I thought I was too much on you." I sobbed into her shirt. Here we are again. Back to square one. Where we first started. All my progress went down the toilet.

"I would never leave you. I went food shopping. Now show me where you cut. Now." she said. I lifted up my sleeves and shirt and showed her my thighs and stomach.

"Why would you think I'd leave you? don't you understand I LOVE you? You're my daughter for Christs sake." She said examining my cuts.

"Why did you do it so deep?" She asked tearing up. Good job. You made Demi cry.

"I didn't care anymore." I said hugging her. She picked me up and sat me down in the kitchen.

"Baby. Lets do something fun today. To make you forget. And we can invite Marissa or who ever you want." she said.

"Lets go bike riding. There's this place next to m old house and its like a 20 mile bike trail. It's really pretty and stuff and I used to always bike to clear my mind." I said

"Okay."

Demi called Marissa and Marissa came right over. She hugged Demi then me.

"Lets go change." Demi said.

I ran up to my closet and put on leggings and a jumper. It was the beginning of fall and it was getting chilly. I put on my combat boots and walked out.

"We don't have to wear helmets." I said.

"Yes. WE don't. But you do." Demi said. Ugh dammit. I hate helmets.

We got into Demi's car and drove to the bike trail.

When we got there only one other person was there. So that means all the bikes were available. We got on bikes and Demi made sure to put a helmet on me.

"I know this place so well." I said. Marissa and Demi followed me. We all biked together in a line. We got to a little table and parked our bikes.

"Lets sit down." Demi said. We sat down and Demi took a selfie. Typical Demi.

"Mar, Soph smile. I'm gonna take a picture." Demi said. I took off my helmet quickly and put my head on Marissa's shoulder. Demi took the picture and we got back on our bikes.

We finished the trail within two and a half hours and it was only 4.

"Lets go out to eat and then have a sleepover." Demi said sounding like a child

"Chipotle! let's go to chipotle!" Marissa said dragging us to the car.

We got to Chipotle I ordered one soft taco. Demi and Marissa got burritos. When we finished we went home.

"SLEEPOVER TIME." Demi squealed.

We set up our bed in the living room. Using cushions and pillows and blankets. We all snuggled together and put in a movie.

Demi always knows how to cheer me up.

A/N sorry. Sucky chapter but whatevs. Okay thanks for over 100READS in what? TWO DAYS!?!? WHAT. THANK YOU SO MUCH ILY GUYS. Alright. So tell me what you think about this and my first book :) and if you have any requests about imagines or one shots or ANYTHING Comment below or inbox me. Because I write those too. Okay bye ily 😘😘