- Thank You -

"Hey, Soraru-san,"

I glared up at the sky, eating lunch with Soraru on the rooftop.

"Hey."

"Hm?"

I turned and glanced at him before looking back at the sky. "Summer's near," he said.

"And...?" I asked with a raising intonation.

"I was wondering... what's your plans this summer?"

"Eh? Nothing..." I replied with a pout, knowing that Soraru will be probably go to a mixer.

Last summer, Soraru did the same. After middle school, according to him, he was invited to a mixer.

Although, he ended up drunk and I had to take care of him.

Will he go now?

"Will you leave me like what you did with others?"

Remembering those made me laugh, although it hurts. Knowing that he can't get a girl made me laugh. But when he's trying hurts.

"Soraru-san," I called out of the blue. "Will you be going to a mixer again?"

I turned my head towards him and saw a dark aura.

Something must've gone wrong during his last mixer, last Christmas, right?

"No," Soraru replied.

"No?"

"No," Soraru repeated. "I don't need to look for anyone anymore."

"You found someone?" I asked as I frowned. I glanced at him once more and saw the dark aura gone.

"Yeah," he replied. "And plus, all the girls I've met there aren't my type and they're... kind of weird and creepy... I guess..."

"Ah... I see..." I said as I frowned. "Sh-she must be pretty, r-right?"

I've loved Soraru for a long time now. He was my first friend in middle school before I met Luz and other people.

Soraru was a very good friend to me, even though he can be harsh sometimes.

Soraru... is loved by everyone. We became friends when he found me hurt near the basketball court. When all the bullies hurt me, he scurried towards me and helped me. I was very happy.

"Not a she," Soraru said.

"Huh?"

"A he," he said which made my heart ache.

What if I wasn't the guy Soraru likes? What if... Soraru only wants to be my friend to be close to that guy?

"I... I see..." I mumbled as I packed my bento.

"Will you hurt me?"

"Soraru-san, I'll go now," I said as I stood.

"You didn't finish your food," Soraru said as he turned and looked at me. "If you want, I could feed you."

"No need," I said softly. "I just... need to go."

"Oh... okay..."

"Bye."

I left the rooftop and ran down the stairs as tears started to form in my eyes.

"Soraru-san, why am I feeling this way when you talk about someone?"

As I ran, I bumped into a group of tall guys.

"Hey," one called. "What the hell are you doing?"

"I... I'm sorry," I said as I stood.

"Do you even know who we are?" a deeper-voiced male asked. "Hey, look up!"

"I said I'm sorry!" I said as I attempted to walk away but then someone pulled my arm and pushed me against the wall. "H-hey!"

"Don't you 'hey' us!" the same person who called me out exclaimed. "If you bump into one of us means you want to fight!"

"N-no!"

Again. Over again.

The past will just repeat. No matter how many times I avoid everyone, there'll be a time where everything will repeat. Once an event starts, it'll repeat itself in the future.

They kicked me. They punched me. They called me names. No matter how many times I've reached out to the people in the side, they all neglected me.

"I'm supposed to be hurt this way, right?"

I coughed out blood as the group of guys stopped. "This is boring now," one said.

They all left me; filled with bruises and scratches. I was left as a mess.

I knew Soraru was around. I know he's still upstairs in the rooftop.

I tried to stand and head to the bathroom and not be caught by Soraru.

I washed myself as tears streamed down on my face.

I took out my handkerchief and made it damp before applying it to my wounds and scratches.

"You were always there for me."

I glanced at myself in the mirror before staying in one corner and continued crying. As I did, the bathroom door suddenly slammed open.

I looked up and saw... Soraru.

"Mafu..." he muttered as I looked down and cried even more. I suddenly felt his two hands touch my forearms. "Why...? Why didn't you go to me?"

"You were always so concerned."

"Why didn't you go to the infirmary instead?"

"You protected me as if I was the only thing left in the world."

"Who did this?"

"I love you, Soraru-san."

"Mafu, talk to me," he said as I heard his voice tremble. "Mafu..."

I looked up at him and saw tears streaming down his face. "S-Soraru-san..." I said as I reached my hands to his face and wiped the tears away. "Don't cry."

He didn't say a word but continued crying until I felt his arms wrap around me. "Why didn't you go to me?" he asked again with a trembling voice.

"I thought... you'd probably leave me... when you said you found the guy you like," I said.

I've said my thoughts out loud.

"And I thought you wouldn't care..."

"Of course I'd care, idiot!" Soraru exclaimed as he hugged me tighter. "You know that I don't want to see you like this! You know that I always want to see you smiling!"

I felt myself lost. Tears ran down my eyes as his head sunk on my shoulder. "I'm sorry, Soraru-san..."

"It isn't your fault," he said as he let go. "It's my fault for not following you."

"I'm... sorry..." I repeated as I cried.

"Hey," he said as he cupped my cheeks. "It's fine... don't cry. I want you to smile."

I felt the heat of my cheeks rise as the frown in his face disappear.

"That's why,"

I tried to smile... but ended up crying again.

"I said stop crying," Soraru said as he cupped my cheeks and lifted my face. He wiped away the tears and smiled. "You know, we're gonna be late for class."

"I-it's okay... you can leave me here..." I mumbled as I pushed myself away.

~ • ~ > • ~ * ~ • < ~ • ~

whatever there's gonna be a part two of this

i'm gonna make more angst btw but im gonna be quite inactive so i wont be responding to comments and messages until i get a hold of myself

I'm gonna change the italicized sentences soon as well

bye