The Arrival

The mood was considerable lighter the rest of the train ride. They laughed, and the trio showed Venice all the different wizarding treats. She liked the sherbet lemons best, but pumpkin pasties were a close second. Full of snacks, and laughing their heads off because of something Ron did, Venice spotted a huge castle outside the window though it was dark outside. "There it is!" Harry beamed at Venice. They changed into their robes quickly, and packed up their trunks. The train stopped in Hogsmeade station and everybody started flooding off the train. "Venice, stick with us!" Called Hermione over the crowd. But, soon Harry Ron and Hermione were all out of her view. Confused and having trouble carrying her things, the boy with the blond hair appeared as she walked past his compartment. His lot made their way off the train, all except the boy not noticing Venice. "Having trouble, eh?" He chuckled. "Yeah, very funny" snapped Venice. "I suppose you're a pro at this now?" she added. The boy looked up at her and stared into her eyes. "I guess you could say that. Crabbe! Goyle! You idiots, get off the train yourselves, I'll be just a minute!" he shouted at his 'friends'. "By the way, I haven't told you my name yet. Malfoy, Draco Malfoy." he beamed as he stuck his hand out. "Venice Evans," she said as she put down her trunk briefly and shook his hand. "My stuff is already at the castle, so I don't have that trouble anymore, ha." He said. "Well, aren't you lucky," Venice said, trying to push past Draco to get off the train. He pushed back passed her and hopped off the train. "Here, let me help you. My hands are empty" he said as he indicated his hands with a jazzy motion. Venice laughed and handed him her trunk, as she walked down the steps. Malfoy offered his other hand, and Venice grabbed it to stabilize herself. She stumbled a little bit, and they both laughed. Their hands had not separated until the caretaker, Filch, yelled at them to hurry up, as they were the last people on the station platform. Malfoy and Venice got on one of the carriages, just the two of them.

Neither had said anything, until they heard a loud screech, and Venice shrieked and grabbed onto Malfoy, who put his hand over her to protect her. It turned out it was just an owl, and it swooped by and dropped a note. It read:
To Venice Evans
Once you have reached the castle, please come to the Headmaster's office (mine, aha!) and you will be taken care of from there. Please allow Mr. Malfoy to escort you.
P.S. - the password is "fizzing whizzbees"
Sincerely, Professor Dumbledore - Headmaster
Venice had read the note aloud, so Draco could hear. "Do you think you are up to this task?" Venice asked him with a sly smirk. "Might be a real trek, but I think I'm up for the job" he said with a smile.