A Sunset kind of Party

Draco had just finished showing Venice the entire house, when his mother came into the sitting room. "I just wanted to let you two know that Lucius and I are hosting a house party tonight! I'm sorry for such the late notice, my dears. I expect both of you to look your finest! Venice dear, I have put a dress on your bed for you to wear, if you wish. And Draco, you can pick whichever suit you want, I honestly don't care. There will be dancing at this party too, so I expect best behaviour! Also, very important friends and family of ours are going to be coming, so that ties into behaviour too! Alright darlings, off I go to prepare, the party starts at 6:00!" Mrs. Malfoy finished, waking back out. "How many people you think will come?" Venice asked Draco. "Dunno. It could vary. If my mum's not feeling too much in a social mood, probably about 150. If she's feeling really chatty, it could be up to 500," Draco replied, shrugging like the number was no big deal. "500, that's mental!" Venice said. "Well, I guess so. Mom and dad really like showing off our house to as many people as possible, I guess," Draco said. "Come on, apparently this party starts in an hour," he continued, leading Venice out of the sitting room. They walked up to their rooms (or room, depending on the wall) and paused at the entrance doors. The wall was closed, so that meant they were separate. "Alrighty, so I shall see you soon?" Venice said to Draco, putting her hand on the door handle. "Definitely, Evans," Draco replied, the both of them opening the doors and escaping into their rooms to get ready.

Draco went to his series of wardrobes, and guided himself to the section with suits. Which one shall I go for today? He asked himself. He pulled out two suits to decide from. One was a really dark grey colour, and the other was a dark navy. They both came with a white under shirt and a black tie. Draco finally decided on the navy one, although it was very similar to the shirt he was wearing (the suit was a bit darker). He silently got dressed, and as he was doing his final checkups on the position of his tie, he could hear a muffled voice coming from Venice's room. Draco walked over to the connecting wall, and placed his ear against it so he could hear as well as possible. The voice sounded almost un-human, and fairly similar to the way he saw Venice talking to Goyle that one day in Hogsmeade. It sounded familiar, like he had heard it once before. Draco shrugged it off, and went back to fixing his tie.

Venice walked into her room to see a dress spread out on top of her bed. It was almost a similar style to the dress she wore to the Yule Ball, but it had some noticeable differences, like instead of long sleeves it was a cut off, like a tank top. The skirt part of the dress bushed out a little more, making it look a whole lot fancier. And, the most noticeable difference was the colour scheme. The top part of the dress was a dark, royal purple. The skirt part was an ombré, similar to the Yule Ball, except it faded from purple to a bright and full pink. Venice thought it looked similar to a sunset, minus the orange highlights. She put on the dress, and looked at herself in the mirror. It was beautiful, the way the dress well down to her ankles, flowing peacefully. The contrast between the tight fitting top and flowing skirt was not too much, but just enough. "How beautiful, Evans," a voice said, seeming to be coming from the window. Venice turned to see a snake, protruding out of her window. "I know you can understand me, don't act arrogant to the fact a snake is talking to you," it spoke again. "Yes, I can hear you. But what are you doing here?" Venice replied to the snake, in the same language it spoke."Ah, I just felt like dropping by, and wishing the newcomer a good evening! Why, can I not do that?' It said, with a bit of cheek in it's voice. "As you can see, I'm getting ready! Couldn't you have visited at another time? Get out! GET OUT!" Venice said to it, rushing toward the window and shutting it, barely missing its face. The snake frowned, and disappeared out of sight.

Mrs. Malfoy then unexpectedly knocked and came into Venice's room. "I heard voices in here sweetie, is everything alright?" She asked Venice. "Yeah, everything is O.K." she said, examining her backside in the mirror. "Oh, Venice. That looks spectacular on you!" Mrs. Malfoy said, indicating the dress. She walked up to Venice, who noticed Mrs. Malfoy was holding a small wooden box. "Venice, dear, I have one more thing I insist on you wearing tonight," she said, opening the box. Inside was a white diamond hair clip. "Mrs. Malfoy, that's beautiful! Are you sure you want me to wear it?" Venice asked Mrs. Malfoy. "Of course, dear! Your black hair will make it sparkle and pop, my blonde hair isn't good for it, yours is perfect!" She said, taking the clip out of the box. She grabbed Venice by the shoulders and positioned her straight in front of the mirror. "Hold still, dear," she said, clipping one side of her hair back with the clip. Venice never really did anything with her hair, so to see it a tad bit different was a bit of a change. "Alright dear, you're ready! Just make sure to put on good enough shoes-" Mrs. Malfoy said indicating the big wardrobe,"-and test your walking in that dress! Oh no, would you look at the time! It's 6:00 exactly! I have to get down to the entrance hall, but whenever you are ready just come on down!" She said, smiling and rushing out of Venice's room. To test her walking, and to talk to Draco, she walked to the connecting wall. She knocked on the door connecting their rooms, but got no answer. "Draco?" She called, hoping he'd hear her through the door. Agh! I guess he must've already gone down to the party! She thought, looking in the mirror one last time. The clock in her room read 6:12, which meant she better get a move on. She hurried to her wardrobe and picked out a pair of plain black flats, and hurried out of her room and down the hall, being careful not to trip. She slowed down when she reached the balcony that looked down on the entrance hall. The entrance hall was quite big, and it looked like there was about 300 people at the party. Venice looked down at all the people in the hall, and felt a surge of fear overpower her. She looked down, trying to find Draco, but like the Yule Ball, he seemed to be camouflaged in with all the other people. Suddenly, Mr. Malfoy looked up to where Venice was standing, and announced with a booming voice, "Everybody, friends and family, may I please introduce you to our special guest, Venice Evans!" Everybody stopped to looked up at Venice. She gave an awkward little wave to the crowd below, and slowly walked down the steps to the entrance hall, lifting up her dress so she wouldn't fall.

As soon as Mr. Malfoy had made the announcement of Venice to the crowd, Draco stopped talking to his aunt. He looked up to the balcony, and saw Venice standing there in a beautiful sunset dress. Her hair was half pulled back with a glistening diamond clip. How could she stand there like that, and look so beautiful? Draco thought to himself. He saw Venice walk down the stairs slowly. "Draco?" He heard his aunt say to him. Apparently she had been trying to get his attention for a while. "Oh, sorry Aunt Bellatrix. What did you say?" He said to his Aunt, shooting looks to where Venice was just about swimming through the crowd of people. Draco saw that people were trying to shake her hand, and boast about their jobs to her. Bloody hell, were they trying to upstage her? Draco said to himself. Nobody could upstage the power that Venice Evans had. Nobody! "Draco, I see that you are more interested in Venice than me, at the moment. Oh, bother! Go off and see her, you idiot! She's obviously looking for you, lovebird." Bellatrix said to her nephew. Draco smiled at her, and left to intercept the path that Venice was walking through.

Venice was trying to escape the massive lot of people, and find Draco. But it seemed like he had been sucked into the depths of the crowd. Soon enough, she saw the top of his white-blond head poking out of the crowd, looking around frantically. She waddled her way through the people, and soon Draco caught her eye too. Venice speed-walked toward him with a bit of difficulty, and swung her arms around his neck when she reached him. "Evans, you look pretty O.K., I do have to say," Draco said to her, smirking. Venice laughed, and let go of their embrace. "You look pretty spiffy too, I could say," she said. A moderate-speed song started playing, and everybody started swaying along with the music. Draco had some pretty ridiculous dance moves that he showed off to Venice, and she started laughing. It was hard for Venice to fully dance in the dress she was wearing, and she almost tripped a couple times, but lucky enough for her, Draco would catch her. Soon enough, a slow song started playing, and the lights dimmed.