The Twisted Wedding

The sounds of clapping echoed through the areas surrounding the Burrow. William Weasley and Fleur Delacour had just been pronounced husband and wife. "Everybody, zis is now ze time for za dancing!" Fleur announced, grabbing Bill's hand and leading him to the centre of the dance floor, which had only just appeared as a few people flicked their wands and removed the rows of gold chairs. Tables sprouted at the sides of the overhang, producing places where people could sit instead of dance if they so wished. Everybody formed a circle around Bill and Fleur, and watched them dance. Soon, people started leading eachother in. Everywhere you looked, people were dancing and having a fun time. Venice saw Harry (who was disguised as a red-haired muggle boy) sitting down at a table and talking to Elphias Doge and an older lady. Hermione was dancing with Ron in the centre, and Ginny was with Lee Jordan. "May I have a dance, Venice?" Said George, who was now strolling up to her in a very fancy brown tuxedo. "Of course, George," Venice replied, taking George's hand. He led her to the dance floor, and they swayed with the music. Venice had flashbacks of the house-warming party at the Malfoy's. She had to be honest with herself, and say that she missed it. Missed him. But, she knew he chose to follow in his family's footsteps and join the Dark Lord. Venice pushed the thoughts out of her head, and focussed on George. "How is your business going?" Venice asked him, as he twirled her under his arm. "I'd say it's going pretty swell, considering everybody is fleeing to escape death, you know?" He said with a chuckle. Venice laughed, and said "That's good,". They kept dancing for a while in silence, until something broke it.

A silverish-blue ball of light came flying down through the overhang, and to the middle of the room. A Lynx sprouted from it, and opened its voice to talk. "The Ministry had fallen. Schrumgeour is dead. They are coming," It said, in the deep voice of Kingsley Shacklebolt. Venice saw that people were Disapparating, and busily hurrying to escape. In about a minute's time, Death Eaters were apparating into the area of the wedding and terrorizing the vicinity. "Give us Harry Potter! Mudbloods too!" One of the Death Eaters shouted in a deep voice. Terrified, Venice ran for the Burrow. "George!" She screamed, as she saw his red hair flying towards her. Venice whipped her head around to see a Death Eater chasing her. "Mudblood! Get-back-here!" It yelled, as she was running. "Crucio!" The Death Eater cursed, and missed by a foot. George had nearly reached Venice when suddenly she tripped, and stumbled to get up. The Death Eater caught up to her, forcefully put their hands on her shoulders, and Disapparated. The last words Venice heard from the Burrow were "Venice! NO!" from George Weasley.

Draco was walking down the hall of the manor when he saw a newspaper on one of the desks. He picked it up, and read it:

Mudbloods wanted:

Evans, Venice
Granger, Hermione

For the associated acts with Harry Potter, 'The Boy Who Lived'. Prize: 500 Galleons

Draco looked at the picture of Venice beside her name. Her beautiful black hair was flowing with the wind of wherever the photo was taken. She was smiling, and looked genuinely happy. Draco put down the newspaper, and went directly to see his mother.
"Mother, may I ask why Evans and Granger are the only two Mudbloods mentioned in the newspaper?" He asked. "Why, Draco dear! They've been associated with the Boy! We don't want that, do we?" She said, stiffening her posture and looking nervous. "What if their captured? What will happen to them?" He asked again. "Well, Draco, they will be either sent to Azkaban, or summoned directly to the Dark Lord! After they have been cleared with the Ministry, of course," She replied, "There has been a troop sent out to the house of the Blood Traitor's, the Weasleys, because there have been rumours that they are there! So, they will be captured in a matter of time, dear, no worry," She finished, smiling at her son. "WHAT? No, no! Mother, they can't do that! They'll kill her for sure! Not Venice, please! Anything but her!" Draco pleaded to his mother, who was now looking a little more fragile. "I know, dear. I know. I don't want them to hurt her either. But if we want to stay alive, we are keeping our mouths shut! You hear me? Because if they find out we are messing with the Mudbloods, we will die and they will too! You hear me?" She explained, looking at Draco. Draco walked out of his mother's study, and to his own room. He sat down and reflected on what he had just learned. His own people were off to capture Venice.

"Get off of me!" Venice yelled, hoping someone would hear. The Death Eater struggled to get his hands back on Venice's shoulder, and hold her in a locking position. "Yaxley! How brilliant of you, good man!" Rang a voice from down the hall they apparated in. It was Dark and dusty, and felt cold. Sure enough, Venice looked up to see Dementors floating near the ceiling, held back by a strong Patronus charm. Dolores Umbridge's squeaky voice rang down the hall as she beamed at Yaxley, examining Venice. "Good! I believe this is the one we are looking for! Did they get the other?" She piped, questioning on whether Hermione was caught too. "I believe not, Dolores," Yaxley said in his deep voice. "Well, I suppose it's ok we got one rather than none, isn't it? Take her to the dungeons, and she will await her trial!" Umbridge instructed. Yaxley nodded and gripped Venice tighter, and led her down a long, spiral staircase. Yaxley took his wand and flicked it, opening a big metal door. He pushed Venice harshly inside it, and closed it shut. The sound of his footsteps died off quickly, as he retreated up the stairs, leaving Venice alone.

"My Lord! One of the associated Mudbloods have been captured!" Bellatrix Lestrange boasted at a Death Eater's meeting. Draco was sitting in the middle of the table, with his mother to his left and a strange, short man to his right. "Really, Bellatrix? And may I ask, who?" Voldemort asked, in a cold and gentle tone. He was petting his snake, Nagini, instead of focussing on anybody in the meeting. "The Evans girl, my Lord!" Bellatrix said with a smile. Draco shivered and fell numb. He prepared for the worst of news on what had happened to her, and where she was now. She could be dead for all he knows. "Ah, that's good. But not good enough. Granger would have been much more preferable, but I suppose this will have to do," Voldemort said calmly, attention still on his snake. Narcissa Malfoy put a hand on her son's under the table, as a way of comfort. "She has been put into the cellars, my Lord! Her hearing is tomorrow, with Dolores Umbridge!" Bellatrix explained, hoping to impress Voldemort with her knowledge. "Wonderful. Could I ask you of a favour, Bellatrix?" The Dark Lord said. Bellatrix seemed to have grown a branch of excitement in herself. "Anything, my Lord! Anything!" She said. "I want you to bring the Mudblood here, as soon as you can. Bring her to the manor. I want to dispose of her myself. Although her connections with Harry Potter weren't exactly so strong, she is still a Mudblood and I show no mercy. Do you think I could ask you of that, Bellatrix?" He asked, eyes trailing off Nagini and onto his moth faithful Death Eater, Bellatrix Lestrange. "Of course, My Lord!"

Draco froze.

Venice Evans was going to die.