A Heart of Melted Stone

About a month had passed by since that one night in the garden, and Venice was lying in the grass with her head on Malfoy's legs. He was reading the Daily Prophet, because it had an update about one of the Quidditch teams. Draco was sitting against the wisping willow tree, and the only sounds they could hear were birds chirping and the sound of rustling leaves. Suddenly, Venice heard a familiar voice. "Evans, Ahhh. I see I have found you once more. Draco, I take it? Never thought that of you. You deserve much better, you see. Maybe even Cedric Diggory? Oh, wait a second. The Diggory boy is dead! Ha! My mistake," Venice bolted upright and shot a look at Draco. There was a look of terror in his eyes, as his gaze landed on the ginormous snake slithering their way. "How dare you talk of Cedric like that! You must have a very bad life trying to make others feel this way. Actually, I must assume you don't have much of one. Ha! And what does it matter if  I like Draco? You think he isn't good enough? What much better can you do anyway, you ghastly creature!" Venice yelled at it, in its language, of course. She then stood up, and began to step closer to the snake. "Leave! Just leave! Do you really want to mess with me, huh? I've seen enough terror in my family, and I don't need anymore from a stupid snake! Get out!" Venice by that point was running after the snake, who started to slither faster and faster away from her. "Haha, look who can't catch me! Says the Evans girl, who just threatened me! She can't even run!" The snake's voice trailed on, ahead of Venice. Venice then pulled out her wand, running as fast as she could toward the snake. The snake turned around, to see where Venice was. "Still a far way back, are we, Evans? Just like Diggory was, to the chance he had of livi-" "DURO!" Venice interrupted, with a shot of grey shooting from her wand, hitting the snake right between the eyes. The snake stopped moving, and slowly a grey material started devouring the snake. After a few seconds, the snake was no longer alive. It had turned to stone.

The sounds of footprints were coming toward Venice. "Venice! Venice, are you okay?" Draco said, panting. He put his arm around her, and saw the now stone-snake lying on the forest floor. "I killed it. It made fun of Cedric! I had to," Venice explained. She started sobbing, and broke down into Draco's arms. "I didn't know you could speak Parseltongue! What the hell? You and Potter sure are alike in some ways, I guess. But you're much better than that git," Draco said, patting Venice's back.

The fact that Venice was like Harry Potter made him a bit more jealous. The only reason he hated Harry so much was because he had everything Draco wanted. Although Harry didn't have a real family, his story, powers, ability, and the fact that he's a known celebrity of the wizarding world made Draco jealous. When Harry rejected Draco's friendship in First Year, Draco was crushed. His opportunity to become friends with a legend were blown away by the rejection of a handshake. Therefore, Draco despised Harry.

The two of them walked back to the manor, and had tried to have a bit more of a relaxed day.

That night, Venice had terrible nightmares. She kept seeing visions of people she knew, and people she didn't. She saw innocent people being killed, and people making pleading remarks.
"Bring my body back, Harry. Bring my body back to my parents!"
"Severus, please!"
"The boy who lived, has come to die,"
"Dead. The boy is dead."
"Sirius? NO!"
"You coward! Fight back! FIGHT BACK!"
  Venice only recognized one of the voices, that was reoccurring: Cedric. Soon, Venice's mind couldn't take it all. She bolted upright out of her bed, and screamed of terror. She saw one more green flash in her eyes, and soon all of it was gone. Draco rushed through the connecting door, "What's wrong?" He said, speeding to the side of Venice's bed. "Bad dream," she said, with tears in her eyes. "Shh, Venice. It's ok. I'm here, I'll help you," Draco said soothingly, and climbed into Venice's bed and started stroking Venice's head. They went back to sleep, intertwined in each other's arms once more.

Venice woke up a tad bit earlier than Draco, and accidentally rolled over and onto his body. He then woke up too. "Sorry," Venice whispered, giggling. Draco smiled. Venice lowered her face closer to his. Draco then grabbed the back of her head, and pulled her closer. Their lips touched for the second time now, and it almost felt as magical. "I love you, Evans," Draco said suddenly once they pulled away. Venice was surprised. This was Draco Malfoy, (the Slytherin!!) telling her that he loved her. "I love you too," she whispered. She leant in and kissed him again.