The D.A.'s Get-Together

Venice sprinted down the hall. It was already 5:05 on Tuesday evening. Bloody hell, she was going to be late! Finally, she reached the seventh floor hall, and there was a set of doors greeting her there. She opened them, and saw a whole group of people mingling inside. For a second she thought she had the wrong group of people, but when she saw Hermione running toward her she knew she had found it. "Venice! I'm so glad you're here, Harry is going to start in just a second," she said, leading Venice into the midst of all the people. Venice looked around, and noticed she was the only one with green. She was the only Slytherin there.

"Alright, I guess. Thanks so much for coming, all of you. I thought today we could just do some review on stuff from previous years, as it's been a while since we've actually done useful magic I reckon," Harry said, raising his voice to get everybody's attention. "So, maybe we should split into partners? Yeah, that's good. Find a partner and practice your disarming charms!" He continued. Everyone hurried to find a counterpart for their practice. Venice noticed Ginny walking toward her. She nodded, and they found an empty space in the room.

The room of requirement was quite large. She guessed it knew they needed a lot of space to practice, and fit an on-growing group of eager students. Plus, trouble was to be made (mistakes, too!), so extra room was preferable.

"Alright, shall you go first?" Venice asked Ginny. "Okay!" She said from where she was standing, about ten feet away from Venice. "Expelliarmus!" Ginny called, and Venice's wand went flying from her hand. She went to go retrieve it, and when she came back she yelled "Nice one, Ginny!" Ginny smiled and mouthed 'Thanks'. They looked around the room to see who was working with who. Hermione was with Ron, Neville was with Luna, Fred was with George, and Seamus was with Dean. Everyone was working away on their spells as Harry passed by each pair, seeing how they were progressing. "Your turn, Venice!" Ginny said. Venice focused on Ginny and yelled "Expelliarmus!" Just as Harry was walking by. Ginny's wand flew a mere 10 feet away from her, and Ginny looked at her with amazement and gave her a smile. "That was brilliant!" Harry said. He went off to go examine The Patil twins, when Ginny rushed up to her. "Did you see Ron?" She said, laughing. Ron looked like he was on the verge of quitting. Hermione would always counter-curse him when he tried, and he just couldn't do it. Obviously, Hermione was a ton smarter.

"Okay, I think that's enough for today," Harry said after about an hour of practice. "Merry Christmas everybody, and we will figure out another time for a meeting after break," he said. Everybody started whisking out of the room, wishing eachother Merry Christmas and watching the halls for people, especially Umbridge or Filch. Venice was one of the last to leave, and saw Cho hanging around a bit, apparently hoping to talk to Harry. Disgusted, Venice walked out.

The weekend came fast, bringing the start of Winter break. Some students were going home for winter, but most people decided to stay. People absolutely adored last year's snowball fight, so everybody started gathering outside on the lawn, to be joined by Fred and George. Draco was hoping to find Venice to spend the day with her. He walked down to the great hall, and didn't see her there. He ate breakfast quickly, and left to go search for her.

He finally found her in the library. She was looking at a very detailed book on self-defence charms. "Why do you need to be looking at that?" He asked her as he approached. "Oh, um, it's nothing," she answered in a nervous tone, and set the book back on the shelf. "Shall we go outside?" Venice asked him. "I reckon there's a famous snowball fight happening today, and I don't think we'd wish to miss it," she said, grabbing his hand and pulling him out of the library.

When they got to the lawn, everything was already in full force. Snowballs were whizzing past everywhere, so keeping an eye out was a good idea. Venice picked up a handful of snow in her gloved hands and formed it into a little sphere. She threw it at Draco, and hit him straight in the back when he wasn't looking. He turned around, and picked up some snow and threw it at her, laughing. Soon they were in a fierce battle, throwing snow and shoving it down each others jackets. Soon they were soaked, and decided to head back up to the common room to get changed and sit by the fire.

"She has this club that I joined, called the Inquisitorial Squad, to be exact. We get to be her wing men, almost. We also got these cool medals, I mean, look!" Draco was explaining by the fire as they snuggled in a blanket. He pulled a small silver medal that said Inquisitorial Squad, Dolores Umbridge on it. "She's really not that bad, she's branded as such a stupid woman, but, she's really quite great!" He said with a sense of pride in his voice. Venice thought he was absolutely out of his mind. She slipped out of his embrace and looked him in the eyes. "You are absolutely mental!" She said, with a serious tone. "What?" He said, with a laugh. "That woman is horrible!" She said. "No she isn't! She is amazing! You just haven't seen her good side"  "That's because she doesn't have one, you idiot. She's brainwashed you into thinking you're one of her pets!" Venice yelled at him, and left the room to go up to her dormitory. Draco sat there stunned. He always thought that Professor Umbridge was fantastic for giving him the glory and attention he wanted. But apparently not everyone thought so. Including his girlfriend.

Venice was in the library looking for interesting hexes, as well as staying away from Draco for a little while. She looked up from a book titled Hexes for the Experienced: The Dark Arts to see George Weasley come up to her section. "Would ya look it, it's Venice!" George said, with a chuckle. "Why, it's George!" She said, laughing. Her and George were very good friends, and she had thoughts about whether she liked him or not. But she knew she loved Draco, and that was all the confirmation she needed. "Ah, preparing for the D.A.?" He whispered very quietly, looking at the book she was reading. "Of course, why else would I be down here?" She smiled. George did too. "Want to sit down?" He asked, pointing to an un-occupied table. "Yeah, alright," she said, walking over with her books in hand. "Pass me that one," George said, motioning for the book on the top of the pile. It was one about the different forms of Minor Dark Magic. "Haha, I see one guy hexed himself to death after his wand was pointing the wrong way from an exceptionally strong Confundus charm," he said, looking at the book. Venice laughed and said "Sounds like something Ron would do," Venice said. George laughed. "Yeah, but he's actually down that before. In his Second year , he broke his wand and couldn't use it properly. Tried to set a slug hex on Malfoy there and he ended up puking slugs for about an hour!" George explained, laughing at the memory. "Why do you like Malfoy, anyway?" George then asked. Venice didn't know what to say, so she just plainly said, "I don't know, really. I just do," with a sigh. George looked at her, with a sad look in his eyes. "Maybe sometime you'd think about it a bit more, cause you can do better. I know you can. There's a lot of people that would, uh, like to you know, uh," He stumbled, getting up out of his chair and walking out, sweating nervously. Venice looked down at her book and snapped it shut. She walked out of the library dazed and confused. Draco was really mean. That was a known fact. Did George Weasley like her? He's only two years older than Venice, and was quite handsome.

Venice went to bed with fish of different thoughts swimming through her head. She didn't know what to think anymore. Did she still feel as strong about Draco as she did? Did Draco only like her to be popular, or was it actually true feeling? She just didn't know what to do.