The Sorting

Draco and his fellow Slytherin friends had been sitting at the table for quite a while, waiting for the headmaster to come and say his start of term speech for before the sorting. The first years were gathered in a big group at the front if the hall, waiting to be sorted. Most of them looked nervous, but Draco remembered his sorting very well. Slytherin was a very definite answer for him, and that is where he happily remains. Suddenly, there was a loud crack and Dumbledore appeared at the front of the great hall, standing in front of his podium. "Welcome, to the start of term feast!" Dumbledore began. "We welcome newcomers, and those who return. Welcome to Hogwarts! We shall start the sorting now. Professor McGonagall, when you are ready." Malfoy's mind fluttered and thought about Venice, and they're great first encounter. He had a very large feeling that she was not going to be a Slytherin. What if she never talked to him again? What if he never saw her? What if she just disappeared from his life totally, never to be found again? Draco looked nervously around the room for a sign of Venice, but it was absolutely certain she was not in the great hall yet. A roar of applause started, as a first year joined the Slytherin table. Draco barely noticed. Names were called, and the sorting hat did not take much time on its decisions this year. Most were being sorted in Gryffindor, and Malfoy got a bad feeling in the pit of his stomach. The sorting ended with the last 1st year being a Ravenclaw. Suddenly, after the roar of clapping faded the big oak doors of the great hall flung open, and out came a nervous looking Filch, and behind him was a stunning girl, obviously confused. Everybody in the great hall was silent, and staring at Venice as she stumbled inside. "Ah, Filch! I thought you would never show up." Said Dumbledore. Professor McGonagall, frantically searched her list for Venice's name, but could not find it. "Minerva, her name is Venice Evans, and she is here on special orders from myself. Please sort her, I thank you." Dumbledore said to Professor McGonagall. "Evans, Venice!" She called out, and Venice rushed over to the small stool and sat on it. By this point, Malfoy was just about standing to get a view of her sorting. "Draco, move, it's hard to see!" Pansy Parkinson said to Draco, but he did not move. "Umph!" She grunted at him. Professor McGonagall lowered the sorting hat onto Venice's head, and sat there motionlessly for a few seconds. Then is started speaking, "Ah, what a brilliant mind! Smart, like a Ravenclaw. Loyal, as a Hufflepuff. And passion for what is right, like a Gryffindor. Very hard you see, I can't seem to choose. I have to think very contently, as she could be any one of them! Oh, no. No no no no no no. That is not good. Not good at all. Alright, my final decision is: Slytherin!"

Venice stood up, and as she did, the biggest roar of applause came from the Slytherin table. As she walked to the table, she saw her robes magically transform. The Slytherin crest was labeled on it, and the inside of the hood and sleeves turned a shade of a beautiful, dark green. Draco caught Venice's gaze, and gave a cocky wave and smile. On the inside, Draco was ecstatic. He felt like butterflies were in his stomach, and he just wanted to smile and scream and hug her with joy. Venice walked over to his side if the table, and sat down across from him. "I never thought you'd be a Slytherin" Draco said as she sat down. She smiled and said "I didn't even know what a Slytherin was" she said, and they both started laughing. Draco felt like one of the happiest people in the world. Venice did too.