Small Dazes of Valentine's Day

Venice woke up on Saturday morning to see a brightly lit and sun-filled sky. But, remembering not to be fooled by the sun, she prepared for it to be a chilly day. Venice decided to wear a simple light blue blouse with thick black leggings, white leg warmers, her black ankle boots, and her dark grey winter jacket. Once she was dressed, she went downstairs to have breakfast before meeting George to go to Hogsmeade.

Avoiding the Slytherin's table once more, she went to have a seat beside Ginny and Hermione. "Hey, guys!" Venice said as she sat down, and grabbing a piece of toast. "Hey, Venice. Are you ready for your date with George?" Ginny asked in a playful tone. "Well, I wouldn't really call it a da-" "What else would it be, Venice? It's Valentine's Day, for Merlin's sake!" Ginny interrupted. "Ginny! Stop being so loud!" Venice said, as she thought the Slytherins might hear from the table next to them. She looked over Ginny's shoulder to see Draco looking intently at her. What the hell was his problem? Venice thought. Venice continued to chat away with Hermione and Ginny until Filch called for all the students who were going to Hogsmeade.

Venice was waiting for about 10 minutes, until George came rushing down the hall. "Venice! I'm so sorry, Freddie got his wand in a bit of a knot after one of the kids couldn't get one of our hats off his head, so I had to help him," George explained, sounded exhausted. "Oh, that's alright! What do the hats do?" Venice asked. "They make your head disappear, but we have to keep them on the down low so Umbridge doesn't find out," George whispered. "Sounds wicked. Come on, George! Let's go!" Venice said, leading him down the steps and out of the castle onto the lightly frosted castle grounds.

After giving eachother different noses at Zonko's, and trying all the free samples they were giving away at Honeyduke's, Venice and George decided to go to Madam Puddifoot's for a cup of tea. Inside the shop, it was decorated a light pink colour, and had little magical hearts swirling around. It was quite obvious people were here on dates, and Venice got a bit nervous on the stomach. "You okay, Venice?" George asked her in a warm tone of voice. "Yeah, splendid," she responded, smiling. The two sat down at a table by the window, where they could watch people walk down the frosty path. Venice looked around for familiar faces inside the tea shop. She saw Isabella the Ravenclaw with Cormac McLaggen, Jamie with Starletta (who gave a wave when she saw Venice), and Harry with Cho Chang in the corner. Venice looked up at George, who had been looking outside. "George, are you planning on opening a shop with Fred? It seems you two really know your stuff," Venice said. George looked to her. "Yes, actually. We've already got the space in Diagon Alley, for after Hogwarts of course," George said with a smile. "Really? That's great!" Venice said, and smiled back. "You should come during the summer some time, it would be great to see you. I reckon we are going to open a line, just for girlies you know," George said, in a matter-of-fact kind of voice. "Are you calling me a girlie?" Venice said in a silly tone. "Of course not, but I reckon if you don't want to be a part of that campaign, you're not going to like the Pygmy Puffs," George said, with a huff of fake-disapproval in his voice. "And what might a Pygmy Puff be?" Venice asked. "Just a ball of fluff that flies, and sits on your shoulder. A pet, really," He explained. Venice laughed. "I actually do think that sounds great," Venice said. George smiled. Their tea came, and George insisted on paying. "Listen, once Fred and I open our joke shop, we're going to have Galleons coming out the wazoo, so I suggest you keep yours in your pocket!" He said, handing the waitress a few coins. "Alright, if you say so!" Venice said. "What, don't believe me?" George said, sipping his tea. "Of course I do!" Venice said, smiling as she put 2 cubes of sugar and a bit of milk in her tea.

They sat there in silence for a while, just sipping on tea. When all of a sudden, Cho stood up abruptly from her seat in front of Harry. She burst into tears, yelled something about Cedric, then stormed out of the shop. Harry looked distraught. He then stood up, paid the waitress, and left without saying a word. Venice and George looked outside to see Harry disappear into the Three Broomsticks. "I never did like that girl," George said quietly. "Me neither," Venice quietly agreed.

Once they were finished, they got up and left the tea shop. "It is quite a bit nippy, and dang it! I forgot my gloves!" Venice then said, as she was fiercely rubbing her hands together. "Oh! I have an extra pair around here somewhere- oh! There they are!" George exclaimed as he searched around his jacket, then pulling out a pair of fuzzy orange gloves. He handed them to her, and she put them on. They were really quite big. "Thanks, Georgie!" She said, laughing at their size. He laughed too, and lifted up her hand. "Sorry, Fred and I have abnormally large hands," he said. He then let go of Venice's hand and they proceed to walk around the little village.

Draco was strolling around with Crabbe and Goyle when he saw Venice and George emerge from the tea shop. He went into a funny daze, and watched them intently. He saw George give her a pair of gloves, and hold her hand for a short while. Draco felt a surge of jealously overcome him once more. How did he make it stop? Why did he have to feel this way every time he saw her? "Malfoy! Come on, let's go!" Draco then heard Crabbe say, and he snapped out of it.