Pang of Jealousy

About a week had passed since that awful lesson in Umbridge's class, and Venice was sitting with Ginny in the library looking up books for information on Patronuses. "And then she what?" Ginny asked in dismay, not believing the story Venice was telling to be true. "I said, she made all the muggle-borns stand up in front of the class, and it was just me and Hermione," Venice explained, keeping her voice down."That hag! That's horrible! Let me guess, Malfoy tried to boast his best when she called the pure-bloods?" Ginny said, "Yep, that's exactly what he did. I um, I'm going to take a wild guess here and think that we're not together anymore," Venice whispered, with a bit of a frown on her face. She never thought she would have to say those words. "Oh, I'm so sorry Venice," Ginny said with a large amount of sympathy. "Don't be sorry, we were drifting farther apart anyways. I guess it's for the best. If he cant handle dating a 'mudblood', then I guess we shouldn't be together for multiple reasons," Venice explained, mocking Draco's tone of voice.

"Can I tell you something? I don't think I can hold it in any longer," Ginny said, with a whole lot of excitement in her voice. "Yeah, of course!" Venice said. "Have you wondered why George has been so nice lately, or hasn't made a lot of jokes, and given you that stupid Snackbox of his?" Ginny asked, giddily. "I guess it's come across my mind," Venice said, "George I think is a tad bid fond of you, I dare say!" Ginny exploded, in a normal voice that got her a big "Shh!" From the librarian. "Really?" Venice whispered extra quietly. "Yes, of course! Actually, I do remember he accidentally told me, because he keeps asking me about you and it gets rather annoying sometimes," Ginny said, smiling with joy. Venice just smiled to herself, and kept reading.

The next day, they had their third D.A. meeting. "Okay, guys!" Harry started, catching everyone's attention. "I think today we are going to continue working on Patronuses, so, you know the drill!" He finished, and everyone went to spread around the room. Venice looked to find Ginny or Hermione, when she felt a tap on her left shoulder. She looked to her left, but she saw nobody. Then, she looked to her right and saw none other than George Weasley. He was laughing. Venice gave him a playful punch on the arm. "What? It works every time!" He said. Venice laughed, and said "George, I think we're supposed to be practicing Patronuses, not figuring out how to trick people!" "Alright, alright!" He said. Venice grabbed his hand and dragged him to a relatively clear spot in the room. "Okay, you go first!" Venice said to him. "Why can't you go first, I want to see how it's done properly!" He suggested. "Haha, no. Practice makes perfect, George Weasley!" She said, with a laugh. "Fine! I will try then!" He said. He lifted his wand, and tried with all his might. "Expecto Patronum!" He chanted, and from his wand came a sparkling silver coyote, and it started running around the room. Bursting with excitement, George started laughing. Once his coyote came back to him, the spell dropped and the silver retracted into his wand. "George, that was amazing!" Venice squealed in excitement, and ran to him and hugged him. "Wicked!" He said, as he they let go. "Alright, then! Your turn!" He said to Venice. "Expecto Patronum!" Venice chanted, and from her wand spouted a silver giraffe, who ran around just like it had done the last meeting. "Expecto Patronum!" Venice heard Hermione say from across the room, and an otter came from her wand. The otter and the giraffe met up with eachother in the centre of the room, and started chasing eachother. People around them had joined in, and soon there was about 10 silver animals in the centre. "Brilliant, you guys!" Harry said, approaching the Patronuses. Soon, all the animals went back to their originator and they disappeared. "Alright, you guys! I'll see you sometime next week! Have a pleasant Valentines Day!" Harry announced, dismissing everybody to go back to their dormitories. Valentine's Day? Venice had forgot that Valentine's Day was the upcoming Saturday, in 2 days time. She noticed Cho was hanging around behind, hoping to speak to Harry once more.

Venice had just turned to leave, when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned around to see George. "I was wondering, whether you'd like to go to Hogsmeade with me on Saturday?" George asked her. Ginny must have told him the situation between Draco and Venice. "George, I'd love too!" Venice answered, with a big smile on her face. "Great, so I reckon I'll meet you outside the great hall on Saturday morning?" He asked her. "Of course," Venice said. "Ok, good. I'll see you then, Venice!" He said, and sped off toward the Gryffindor common room. Feeling amazing, Venice walked off to her own common room.

Inside, Draco and a few other Slytherin boys (including Crabbe and Goyle) were sitting on the couches talking. It seemed that they were talking about that Tea Party Umbridge had, which was that night. Venice declined Draco's offer to go, and went to the supposed "illegal" D.A. meeting instead. "There was that loony Howell girl there, from Hufflepuff! How absurd, thinking that she's superior and all that, I was in hysterics when Umbridge called her off for putting 5 cubes of sugar in her tea!" Draco said from the couch, followed by laughter from all the boys. When Venice walked in, they all seemed to notice. Their conversation stopped, and looked over to her as she shut the common room door. She walked across to the steps that led to the dormitory. When she was in the stairwell, she paused to hear if Draco would say anything about her. "Mudbloods, gah! Disgrace, aren't they?" Venice heard Draco say. Venice then remembered he didn't mean much to her anymore. But it still hurt to hear those words come from someone she still secretly cared about.

When Draco saw Venice walk through the common room, his first thought was, 'Where was she and who was she with? Had she already moved on?' Draco was still mad at her, no doubt. But he knew deep down that he still had major feelings for her. He felt a pang of jealously flood through him when he saw her look him in the eyes as she walked by. Not wanting his friends to know he loved a mudblood, all he could say was "Mudbloods, gah! Disgrace, aren't they?" His friends laughed, but watching them made him hurt. Then, he heard a pair of feet run up to the girl's dormitory. He knew she had heard him, and he immediately regretted what he had said.