The Departure Problem

Everybody from the D.A. was in Umbridge's office. Held aback by Inquisitorial squad members, nobody could move. Venice's arms were held back by Goyle, who's grip was extremely tight. Venice thought she might lose circulation in her arms before she was let go. "Alright, Potter! Might I address your situation? Hm?" Umbridge cackled. "What do I tell you?" Harry said, with a huff in his voice. "You stuck up little brats! Tell me what is going on here! A secret group I see? Not abiding by my rules! I think maybe a detention, or, no! Maybe I should just expel you all!" She said, with an evil laugh. Goyle and Crabbe laughed along too. Snape then walked into the room. "Ah, Severus! I need more truth serum, for Potter!" She asked of Snape. He stiffened his expression and said "Well, you've used up my supply. Unless you wish to poison the boy there is nothing I can do," Snape said gladly to her. Umbridge stiffened her posture and yelled, "Make more then!" Snape looked a bit taken aback. "I can have it for you in 5 months, Dolores," Snape said. Shocked and with a loss of words, what was left of Umbridge's smug expression was gone. "5 months? Severus, I need it now!" She snapped. "I'm sorry, again. But I do not have any," Snape said, and turned to walk back out. But, Harry raised his voice. "It's Padfoot! They have Padfoot!" He stammered to get out. Snape's face drained of colour. He turned toward Harry, but did not say anything. "Padfoot, what is Padfoot?" Umbridge asked. "No idea," Professor Snape said slowly, and left the room.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione had led Umbridge out of her office to show her something important that was apparently something that could get them out of trouble. Once they were gone, Ginny's head swivelled toward Venice. Draco had a hold on Ginny, and said "Stop moving, Weasley!" The other Inquisitorial squad members laughed. Venice felt a pit of anger rising up in her stomach. She felt like she might vomit or faint, maybe even a bit of both. But instead, she looked toward Ginny and nodded her head. Now, she mouthed to her. Venice stomped hard on Goyle's shoe. He let go of her in agonizing pain. Ginny did the same. They grabbed their wands that were on Umbridge's desk. "Let go of our friends and we won't hurt you!" Ginny said, looking at the rest of the D.A. who were still held in captivity. "Absolutely not, what do you think we are?" Crabbe cackled. God, why did these people have to be so, so, idiotic! Venice could barely think of what he was, when Ginny yelled some sort of hex at Malfoy. Bats started pertruding out of her wand, and flying towards his face. "Ahhh! Get them off me!' He yelled, swiping his hands in front of him, as to whack them away. The other Inquisitorial members dropped their "prisoners" and went to help Malfoy. They ran out of the room as fast as they could to get away from them. Venice lost Ginny in the halls, as well as Neville and Luna. She suspected they were going to find Ron, Hermione, and Harry and the place they disappeared off to. Venice ran all the way back to the Slytherin common room. Surprisingly, in the days to come, she was not bothered by Umbridge again.

Papers flooded the school about Harry & the other's big fiasco at the Ministry. The Daily Prophet, Quibbler, and Witch Weekly all had some sort of story on it. Venice was still unsure about what had happened, but she knew she would believe Harry when he came back. Even if it sounded crazy and made up, she knew she could trust Harry Potter with all her heart.

The Slytherin table at the farewell feast was packed with bratty and stupid students, all of which had earned their right to be a Slytherin. Venice wondered why she was picked that house. She didn't think she possessed many of the qualities that the other people had. She was nicer than them, obviously. She was smarter than them, and had more of a sensible brain (the nit-wits couldn't even tie their shoes without magic!). Venice was sitting at the far end of the table, alone. She didn't want to talk to anyone, anyways. Venice looked down the table and saw Draco sitting beside Crabbe and Goyle, laughing away happily. A flood of sadness and loneliness flooded through her. Then a thought occurred to her: Where was she to stay during the summer?

Venice felt a rush of panic; she had not thought about this until now. And it was only 1 day before they were going home.

After Dumbledore (yes, he came back after Umbridge's disappearance and the return of Harry Potter) called the feast to be over, Venice rushed over to Hermione and Ginny, who were just rising from the Gryffindor table. "Small problem, I don't have a place to stay over the summer," Venice told them. They looked together and smiled. "Yeah, we know. We've talked about it for a while, and Ginny asked Ron and the rest of the family, and they said you could come spend the summer at the Burrow!" Hermione squeaked, excitedly. "Oh, thanks you guys!" Venice said, and gave them both a hug. She shot a smile at Harry and Ron before leaving to the dormitory to pack.