Voices of Powerful Philosophies

Dumbledore's army got back together in a matter of days. Every free time they got, they would go to the Room of Requirement. Many people got out of Detentions or punishments by going in there, because the doors would disappear any time the Carrows came near. Alecto Carrow, the sister of Amycus, started getting more suspicious each and everyday. It was like having Umbridge, but 5 times worse. Being "deputy" Headmaster and Headmistress, their rules were emphasized more and more, and even more punishments were being given out.

"I wonder if we'll ever see Harry again," Seamus said, one day in the room of requirement. Ginny gave a look of discomfort and said, "Yeah, I wonder,". Everyone in the D.A. were lounging around on the hammocks, listening to a new episode of Potterwatch. They were very lucky to have found the station; they discovered it one day while listening to a small muggle radio Neville had brought to school, while having a conversation. As soon as Luna said 'Mad-Eye', the radio switched stations, and on came Lee Jordan, alongside with Fred Weasley. They would talk about rumours about Voldemort and his Death Eaters. It was like tuning in to life outside Hogwarts. River, Lee Jordan, would give the basic daily news on what was happening. Rapier, Fred Weasley, would add humour to the broadcast so that it didn't seem to dark. Sometimes even Kingsley Shacklebolt, Royal, and Remus Lupin, Romulus, would be guests on the show to give confirmed information on what was going on. They even gave info about the muggle world, and how the Dark Lord was affecting it too.
At the end of each broadcast, River would give the password for the next day's updates.
"Way to go, Luna!" Neville said, after they had initially discovered it. "Well, it was really just luck, you know," she responded with a beaming smile.

Venice felt proud to be one of the only Slytherins to be on Harry's side. She despised the rest of them, so much that people would avoid her in the halls. Everytime she was walking down to breakfast with Ginny and they saw a group of Slytherins walking their way, they would hurry to turn around and find a different route. It gave Venice a feeling of sick pleasure.

"Disgusting, is what they are! Horrifying! They should be despised! Hated! Rooted against! They are a monstrosity to our kind!" Alecto Carrow was saying. She was the new Muggle Studies teacher; a subject everyone was now forced to take. But it wasn't really muggle studies at all. It was more like an hour where Alecto would give a speech about muggle-borns, and why they shouldn't be of existence. Venice was still shocked they didn't know; her face was still on a lot of the Muggles Wanted Today papers and magazines.

"Petrificus Totalus," Venice said inside her head, flicking her wand toward Pansy Parkinson in the middle of a DADA class. She had been practicing silent charms, something Professor Snape covered in the slightest last year. Venice had taken it upon herself to learn this type of magic, and use it for her own good.
Pansy froze, and fell to the floor with a loud thump. "Miss Parkinson, my goodness!" Professor Carrow said, rushing over to her body. "Who did this?" The Carrow yelled toward the surrounding students. Nobody said a word, so Amycus picked up Pansy's body and stormed out of the room. The Gryffindors snickered, and stared at the Slytherins with pride.

"What in Merlin's sake are you looking at?" A dirty-blonde Slytherin girl asked, emerging from the back of the Slytherin's group. "Jealous of Pansy, because the Dark Lord has given her attention? Yeah, she's met him! Lucky, ain't it?" She said, looking back at the group behind her. She smirked at Venice. "Don't pretend we don't know your secret, mudblood," The girl suddenly said, approaching Venice. "Yeah, and what's that? You're probably jealous I'm related to Harry Potter! Lucky, ain't it?" Venice said, imitating the girl. All the Gryffindors laughed behind her. "Nice one, Venice!" A few people called, including Neville. "Shut it, Longbottom!" The girl said. Venice took out her wand, and cursed, "Crucio!" at the girl. The girl started shivering and trembling, and fell down to the ground. "Decided to make fun of my friends, huh? Is that the low you have gotten to? You sick Hogwarts traitors are jealous you don't have any real friends!" Venice hollered, as loud as she had ever screamed at someone. The Slytherins were taken aback, and all ran out of the classroom, noticeably frightened. The girl Venice used the Cruciatus curse on stumbled to get up and bolted straight for the door. As soon as they were gone, all the Gryffindors came and surrounded Venice. They hugged her and cheered with pride.
But the celebration ended shortly after. Amycus entered the room with Pansy at his side, and as soon as he noticed half the class was gone, he went berserk. "Excuse me? Think this is funny?" He said, walking straight to the Gryffindors. "Obliviate," Venice said under her breath, pointing her wand at him. He stopped in his tracks, and said, "What was I doing?" Pansy seemed suspicious at his strange actings and said, "You were about to-" "Imperio," Venice cursed at her. "- let us all leave for lunch!" Pansy finished, with a happy bright smile. "Right! Dismissed!" Professor Carrow said, walking to his desk. Venice directed Pansy out the door and to the Slytherin Common room in her mind, then lifted the curse. She walked out of the classroom with her friends, and headed straight to the lunchroom to quickly eat before going to the room of requirement.

"Was that you, Venice?" Neville asked in the room of requirement. "Was that you who set the charms on Carrow and Pansy?" Venice smiled and said, "Of course. Who else would it be?"

Venice was lying in her bed that night, when she felt a tingling sensation in her hands. At first she just thought it was an itch; but it grew more and more irritating. Soon, Venice couldn't take it anymore. She got out of bed and decided to go to the hospital wing. But when she was about to push open the painting that led out into the hallway, her hands started turning a glowing green. "Venice! I think I've decided it's time," the voice said suddenly. "Time for what?" Venice responded, annoyed and tired, still staring at her hands in disbelief. "I think it's time to show your true side," the voice answered, in a crackling whisper. All of a sudden, Venice's hands felt like they were on fire. She pushed on the painting to push it open, but it wouldn't budge. "Let me out!" Venice said, pushing on the painting. "Come on, Venice! There's something you need to try!" The voice said. Venice stopped trying to push on the painting. She had given up. "Try what," Venice asked, trying to catch her breath. "First thing! I want you to go into the middle of the room, where there is more space," the voice instructed. "Why?" Venice asked, wondering why she was even considering listening to the stupid voice. "You'll see," it said back. Venice stepped to the centre of the common room. "Now what?" She asked it. "Point your hands toward the fireplace, like you're giving a double high five," the voice instructed. Venice did so, wondering to herself how ridiculous this looked. "Now, focus on something that makes you really angry!" The voice said, with an uplift of excitement in its voice. Venice concentrated on an image of The Carrows. Nothing happened. "Venice, that's not good enough," the voice said mockingly. Venice sniggered at it, and thought of someone else that she despised: Pansy Parkinson. She thought of Pansy's stupid face, and all the Slytherins behind her. Her hands felt like she was literally dipping them in a pool of lava by this point. Suddenly, they turned a brighter, more vibrant shade of green. They felt like they were going to burst open.

A bright and shining stream of green exploded from her hands. Venice screamed and directed them toward the fireplace. "That's it, Venice!" The voice said, cheering her on. Venice was surprised nobody could hear her, because she was making so much noise. "Don't worry about them, Venice. They can't hear you," the voice said, reading her mind. "How do I make it stop?" Venice asked the voice, still staring at the green energy like substance coming from her hands. "Just tell them to stop; they might just listen," the voice said nicely, in a gentle voice. 'Stop' Venice said inside her head, loud and clear. Her hands obeyingly dropped the streams of light. The room went dark again, and her hands felt normal. "The was brilliant! Ooooh, I can't wait to see you use that!" The voice said. Venice sat down on one of the velvet couches, and took a breather. "What was that?" She asked, between breaths. "How should I know? It's you that has it. I think it's something like a Patronus, only some people are born with the ability to do that. I actually think you might be the only one alive who can do that, come to think of it!" The voice responded. "May I ask, who are you?" Venice asked the voice. It went silent for a second, before saying, "Venice, I'm you. Alas, I am simply not real, as you would take it. I am you. You are me," the voice said soothingly. "But, all those times you- I mean I- I mean you- whatever, taunted me, are you saying that was me making fun of myself?" Venice asked it stupidly. "I would assume so, Venice," it confirmed. Venice didn't believe it. "Can I produce this power whenever I'm in need?" Venice asked. "I believe so, Venice. But I suggest you use it wisely, because your time with it might be up soon," it said softly. "What do you mean by that?" Venice asked it again. It didn't respond. "Hello? Hello?" She said, but it did not respond. Venice got up from the couch and went back up to bed. What did the voice mean?