The Flames of Blue

Lunch that day came soon in the afternoon. Venice walked down the halls from her dorm and went to Professor Slughorn's room, where everybody was already there. Venice took a seat beside Harry and prepared herself for another boring time. "Ah, welcome back to the Slugclub, ha ha!" Slughorn said with a big chuckle. Cormac laughed at his joke, only to gain more attention from Slughorn. "Well, what a lovely day!" He said, pointing outside."Oh! Good afternoon Ms. Granger!" Hermione walked into the room and sat down on the other side of Venice. Cormac winked at her and looked away. Disgusted, Hermione focused on the food that magically appeared in front of them. "Ah, yes! Eat, eat! Fuel for the brain, so go ahead," Slughorn said, and everybody ate with little chatter around the room. Venice looked beside her at Harry, who seemed like he didn't enjoy it very much either.

Later that night, Venice heard yelling from the boy's dormitory. She couldn't clearly understand what they were saying, but the word "Room" came up quite often. Venice wondered if it was Draco yelling, but she didn't know. She went to sleep late that night, having her nightmares once again.

At about 4:30 in the morning, Venice heard a large crash come from downstairs. She awoke suddenly, and got out of bed to see what was going on. It seemed nobody else had heard it though, because she was the only one awake. When Venice got to the common room down the stairs, she saw a bright blue light projecting from the top of the mantel on the fireplace. It looked as if something was on fire, except the fire was blue. Walking closer but carefully, Venice tried to see what it was. It appeared to be a picture frame, with a happy couple smiling. The picture was a muggle picture, because it did not have movement. Venice looked as close as she could without getting burned, and saw that the photo was none other than of her parents. "They're gone," Venice heard a voice behind her say. She turned around quickly, but no one was there. "He belongs to the Dark Lord, Venice," The voice said again. It sounded soft, as if it were an angel. "Who are you talking about?" Venice said to the empty room. "I thought you would assume who I am talking about. It is the boy," It said. Venice looked back at the picture and saw that the light had gone out, and that the room was dark again. "Your parents can't help you, Mudblood! You don't belong here!" The voice said harshly. Venice picked up the burnt picture. Soon, the picture Venice's happy parents was now crumbling to ashes between her fingers. "Who are you?" Venice asked, with a tone of fury in her voice. "I am your worst nightmare, Venice. I am just in your head," It replied, softer again. Venice scowled. "Well, if you don't mind, I should get some sleep!" Venice said, heading towards the stairs. "Go ahead, Mudblood. I will stay with you peacefully, I guess. No matter. I'll make myself comfortable," The voice said, with a rising sarcasm in its voice. A bright yellow light came from the mantel again, and formed another picture. It was of Venice's mother. Venice picked it up, and threw it at the wall. "Go away! I don't want to talk to you!" Venice screamed. She didn't care if she woke anybody up at this point. "Get away from me, whatever you are! Just shut up! SHUT UP!" Venice said, reaching for the nearest item, which happened to be an empty goblet. She threw that against the wall too, and it broke and fell into pieces with the frame. "Oh, Venice. You don't seem to understa-" "I DON'T WANT TO! JUST STOP! I'VE HAD ENOUGH!" Venice interrupted. A strong force pushed Venice against the wall. The voice started to laugh, and then it drifted away as if it had glided out of the windows. Venice heard footsteps from the halls leading to the common room. A screeching sound was the last thing Venice heard before she collapsed onto the floor.

Draco had heard screaming. He awoke from his sleep and carefully walked down the steps, hoping to eavesdrop. "Just shut up! SHUT UP!" He heard the girl say. Then he heard the clatter of broken glass, and sobbing. After a few more screams, he heard a large oomph on the ground. Draco ran into the common room and saw Venice's body unconscious on the floor. Hoping she wasn't dead, Draco scooped her up and ran out of the common room and into the halls of the school.

"Draco, what do you think you're do- Who's that?" Professor McGonagall asked Draco as he was running down the hall. "Oh, dear. Get her to the hospital wing immediately!" She called as he kept running. Her pale face was getting whiter by the second, as if blood was draining from her body. But he saw no physical evidence of trauma. As he got to the hospital doors, he kissed her forehead. He took one last look at her face, and soon she was taken in by the nurse and he was whisked away.