Dumbledore: The Fallen

Venice decided that the only thing that would help her forget about Draco entirely would be to put her studies and friends first. She hung out with Hermione and Ginny more often, and focused more in classes. She ate more, and slept more to regain the healthy lifestyle she had once had before her hazy phase had taken over. Soon enough, it was a month before the school year ended, and everyone would go home for the summer.

Venice was asleep, until someone was shaking her body. "Get up, get up!" They kept yelling, rocking her shoulders back and forth. She sat upright in her bed and saw that it was Pansy Parkinson, an unlikely person to care about Venice's wellbeing. "They're invading the castle now, and it's so exciting! Finally there's some action around here! Come on, mudblood!" She yelled in excitement, running down the stairs and to the common room. Venice got up and grabbed her wand before running out and following Pansy. Death Eaters were spewed in the corridors, fighting teachers and aurors alike. "Everyone, stay in your dormitories!" Professor McGonagall hollered at the students who were wandering outside their common rooms, looking for the intruders. Venice had just taken a step outside and into the corridors, when she saw Kingsley Shacklebolt duelling a hooded figure. Venice hid behind the wall, and at the right moment, she showed herself and yelled "Stupefy!" And the Death Eater collapsed to the ground. Kingsley mouthed the word "Thanks," and ran off to help the others. Peering down the hall when the coast was clear, she saw the familiar greasy hair of Snape leading a few dark figures out of the castle. One of which included Draco. Suddenly, from one of the connecting halls sprouted Harry, who ran after the lot. He was yelling at Snape, furious. Who wouldn't be? That traitor must have been a part of their side all along. Snape must have been Voldemort's passage into knowing what went on at Hogwarts.

Interrupting Venice's thoughts of fury about ten minute later, she saw Ginny running down the hall. "Venice, it's Dumbledore," she said softly, in a mourning tone. "What?" Venice asked in awe. Ginny grabbed her hand and led her to the courtyard that was at the main entrance of the school. It was a chilly night, with clouds over the mountains and stars shining above them. A huge crowd of people had formed around something, and Ginny pulled Venice through to get a better look. In the middle of the encasing of people was an un-conscious Albus Dumbledore. Harry was leaning against his body, sobbing. Ginny looked at Venice, then went to go comfort Harry. Venice couldn't believe it. One of the greatest wizards of all time was lying dead in front of her. Neville Longbottom was standing beside her, and she noticed he shed a tear. He lifted up his wand and pointed it to the sky. The tip lit up in a dim fashion. Luna proceeded to do the same. Soon, everybody had lifted their wands in a silent salute to Dumbledore, the fallen of the night's tragedies.

The funeral took place the next day. Venice wore a simple black dress, and a black flower for her black hair. She was still awestruck, and couldn't believe what had happened. But she saw that Harry had been hit the hardest with his death. At the ceremony, his head lay rested upon Ginny's shoulder with a grim look. Venice sat beside Luna and Hermione, who were both quiet during the funeral.

After, everybody returned to their dorms to pack. The next day, everyone would be sent back home earlier than scheduled due to the events, and the uprising of You Know Who.

The train ride was glum, and had wisps of sadness. Nobody talked much. Venice was sitting in Ginny, Neville, and Luna's compartment. She was reading the Daily Prophet, but not a recent one. It was from a few years back, and Venice had already read it once before.

Mudbloods: A Driven Danger or a New Hope?

Today we see the rise of magic in muggle-born households, says Rita Skeeter. But do they pose a threat to the world of magic, and will they be discovered? Muggle borns could be the way we all go; because of one slip of a mouth, and the whole muggle world finds out! But, some say these people (especially children!) could be a new step to a changed world! They would rise the population of magic blood if these cases keep happening! Rita Skeeter tells me her opinion on Muggle-borns is "Mixed, but if they don't pose more problems, it's fine by me!"

Venice didn't know why she had read the article so many times. It bothered her a bit, but she knew these opinions were true and heart-felt. But, she wasn't going to let this Skeeter woman tell her about what she was. She didn't care about what other people thought; she was lucky enough to be a part of the wizarding world.

When the train came to a slow stop into Kings Cross station in London, Ginny said, "No ifs, ands, or buts, you're staying with us at the Burrow!" Venice smiled, and grabbed her trunks and proceeded to get off the train. On the platform was a solemn looking Mrs. Weasley, who hugged her children when they came. "Oh, Harry dear! It's great to see you well," she said with a small smile. "Hello, Venice darling," she said, and hugged Venice too. "Shall we get going then?" Mrs. Weasley asked. Everyone nodded, and they left the train station for the Burrow.