A Ponder of Explantions

The day where Draco and Venice would head back to Hogwarts for Year 5 came. They walked downstairs, with trunks in hand. "Venice, you have everything you need?" Mrs. Malfoy asked, once they reached the roundabout to get into the car. "Yes, I believe so," Venice answered. "Well, if either of you two need anything, just sent a post!" Mrs. Malfoy said, getting into the car. Venice and Draco followed and got into the backseat. Soon enough, they were at platform 9 and 3 quarters.

"We'll see you two soon!" Mrs. And Mr. Malfoy said, waving as they got onto the train. "Shall we find an empty compartment?" Venice asked Draco, walking thorough the corridors of the train. "Yeah, sounds great," he said. They both found an empty compartment and sat down. The whistle blew, and soon enough they were on their way to Hogwarts.

About 15 minutes in, their peace was interrupted by a certain someone. "Ahaha! Look who it is! Ms. Famous, with Draco, hm? Never thought of that mix!" Pansy Parkinson hollered to her friends behind her, as she slid open Venice and Draco's compartment door. Draco stood up abruptly. "Have a problem, Parkinson?" Draco said, with a tone of anger in his voice. "Look at Draco, protecting his girlfriend! No surprise!" Pansy said again, laughing. Venice stood up, and pushed Draco to the side. "Hi, Pansy. I think you remember our little fiasco, last school year? Yea? Well, it would be such a pain to have to do it again, wouldn't it? But, if you insist, I'll gladl-" "I think we should go. Right, girls?" Pansy interrupted with a tone of nervousness, and rushed away, quickly pushing other people on her way as far from their compartment as possible. "What the hell was that all about?" Draco asked, after her shut the compartment door once more. "Oh, no worries," Venice said, smirking.

During the rest of their train ride together, they bought candy from the trolley (Draco's treat), played a bit of wizard chess (Venice won), and read a few magazines such as Witch Weekly and the Daily Prophet. Crabbe and Goyle the came into the compartment, and joined them for the remainder of the train ride. "Crabbe, you and that Transfiguration test! Perfect match, I believe. You guys get along so well, yeah?" Draco teased Crabbe, after finding out what his mark was on it. "You couldn't have got much better than me, you big git!" Crabbe fired back. They started going back and forth with mean comments, trying to see who could hit the soft spot faster. The train started to slow down, and Venice looked out the window to see the familiar Hogsmeade station. "Guys, we're here!" Goyle stated, catching Crabbe and Malfoy's attention. "Alright, fine. But you're not off the hook, Crabbe!" Draco said, cackling. They grabbed their trunks, and walked off the train. Venice followed Draco across the station to one of the carriages, when Venice felt someone pull on her arm. It was Harry. "Hey, can I talk to you?" He said. Venice looked in front of her to see Draco nowhere in sight. "Yeah, of course, Harry." She said. She followed him toward where Hermione, Ron, Neville, and a girl with long blonde hair that was half tied back were standing. "You must be Venice Evans," the girl said. "I'm Luna Lovegood. People call me Loony sometimes, but that's quite alright," the girl said. "Nice to meet you, Luna," Venice said. They all proceeded to walk together to a carriage. Once they got on the carriage, Hermione said, "Harry, you have to tell her!" Harry shuffled a bit in his seat, and seemed a bit nervous. "Ever since Cedric died, I've had these nightmares. I see people I care about dying, and flashes of green light, and I don't know why they happen. It's never been this bad," Harry explained, with a tone of sadness in his voice. "Don't worry Harry. I get those too," she said to Harry. He smiled, and looked to stare off into the forest. "Do you have any idea what those could mean?" Hermione whispered to Venice. "I have no idea, but I can't imagine they're anything good," Venice said. "Well yeah, that's a given," Hermione said, and leant back in her seat. Luna was reading a familiar magazine, The Quibbler. "Anything good in there, Luna?" Venice asked. "Oh, yes. My father is the editor! He makes everything in here worth reading," Luna said with a smile, and turned back to her reading.

Soon, the carriage pulled up to the big oak doors of the castle, and everyone got out of the carriage. Venice pondered around the horse-type animals that were pulling the carriage. "Luna, do you know what these are?" Venice asked, indicating the creature. "What?" Ron said, confused. "The carriage is pulling itself, like always!" He exclaimed. "No, they've always been pulled by these!" Venice said to him, pointing once more. "They're called Thestrals, Venice. They can only be seen by people who have witnessed death. Quite sad, really," Luna explained. "I can see them, too," Said Harry, who was already half way up the steps to the doors. "Oh. They're really quite beautiful," Venice said, smiling. Luna smiled back. "I reckon we should hurry, so we can get to the feast on time!" Hermione said, running up the steps to catch up with Harry. Once they reached the great hall, they split up with their goodbyes and headed for their house tables.