Yours Truly

It was Monday, the day before the first D.A. meeting. Venice was excited to do something against the rules for once. But, she had to get though Monday's classes first. First, she had Care of Magical Creatures with Hagrid. Philly was in Venice's class, and she kept talking about unicorns the whole time, when they were learning about Thestrals. Most of the class couldn't see them, but it was an interesting lesson for the people who could. Up next Venice had Herbology. She didn't have this class anymore with Draco, but she did have it with some of the Ravenclaws, like Isabella. In their class they mostly talked about the magical properties of jungle plants. They used textbooks that looked like they were 500 years old, and were so dusty you could hardly see the cover. After Herbology, Venice ate lunch with Ginny Weasley, and talked about what they might learn with Harry and the D.A.

After lunch, Venice had Charms with Draco. The Slytherin boys were already in the class when Venice came in, so there were no spots left on the side of the room with Draco. The bell rang, and everyone rushed to find a seat. Venice ended up between Ron and Seamus. "Alright, class! Today we are going to be learning how to send paper notes in the air. Using your "Wingardium Leviosa" charm, I want you to focus on the direction where you want the note to fly. Write a note on the piece of paper in front of you, and send it to somebody in this room. Alright, write your notes, and on my count we will fly them!" Professor Flitwick squeaked, on top of his stack of books to see over his desk.  Everyone proceeded to write something on their little slip of paper, keeping in mind on who they would send it to. Venice was going to send a note to Draco. She looked across the room, to see him staring at her back. She smiled and began to write:

I miss your company. ~V

She folded the paper into a little airplane, which she though was cool (mainly because everyone else was doing that too) and set in on her desk. She pulled out her wand, and waited for Professor Flitwick's call. "Alright, class! Send your notes in 1,2,3!" He said. "Wingardium Leviosa!" Venice said, flicking her wand at the paper. She focused on it, and sent it right in front of Draco. He was still focusing on sending her note, when she saw Seamus having trouble. "You have to flick it like this," she instructed him, showing the motion of her wand. "Oh, ha! That's much better!" He said, and performed the charm more swiftly than his last attempt, sending the paper in the sky. Once it had reached its destination, he turned to Venice and said "Thanks," and smiled. Venice looked down on her desk to see a little blue paper airplane on it. She opened it, and it read:

After classes, meet me in the courtyard? -Yours Truly

Venice laughed and set the note aside. The courtyard was a stone area outside the great hall. It had tunnels beside it, and looked out over the mountains. The courtyard led to the front landing of the school, which lead to the forest and the staircase. "Alright class, just a few more things to review and then class is over! Pull out your textbooks please, and turn to page 154!" Professor Flitwick instructed. The class got really boring after that, and the excitement died down.

Venice went to her dormitory after class, and got changed out of her robes. She decided to pull on a heavy jacket and a pair of grey jeans. She grabbed a toque and left to go to meet Yours Truly. When she got there, no other but Draco Malfoy was standing in the middle of the courtyard. Draco walked toward her and gave her a hug, warming her up. Light snow was twinkling softly onto the ground, covering it with a sheet of fresh snow. When they let go of their hug, Draco grabbed her gloved hands and led her for a walk. "It's been a while, Evans." He said, looking at her. "Yeah, I know. I've missed your company," she smirked, restating her note. Draco laughed, and led her to the lookout over the mountains. They were snow capped and looked taller than ever. He looked her right in the eyes, and put his hands behind her back and led her toward him. She tilted her head, and they kissed for what seemed like the first time in forever. They embraced for what seemed like hours, when the sky got dim and signalled for them to go inside. Draco let go of the kiss, and grabbed her hand again and led her inside the castle.

"What's it like, with Draco?" Ginny asked Venice in the library later in the evening. "I don't know how to describe it. I have to admit, a fair bit of snogging, I guess," Venice giggled. Ginny laughed too. "How do you feel, when you see Harry?" Venice asked her. "I've always liked him, but I never think he'd like me back," she said, sighing. "I'm, sorry, Ginny. You know, you do have a chance! Being in the D.A. and all, it could bring you guys closer!" Venice said. "Not with that stupid Cho Chang! She's a joke!" Ginny said, irritatingly. "I suppose," Venice agreed. She had never been fond of Cho Chang. She wasn't really a fan of Ravenclaws to begin with (except for Isabella and Jamie of course). The two sat in the library chit-chatting away quietly until it was time for everyone to go to bed. Venice could hardly sleep, as she was so excited for tomorrow's first D.A. meeting.