Their Grand Escape

It was the beginning of April, and Umbridge had tried to sack Professor Trelawney the previous week. But of course, Dumbledore being Dumbledore, he had to butt in on the situation, appointing Trelawney back to her job. Umbridge was furious, setting new rules as the new "High Inquisitor" of the school. Some were absolutely absurd, and many people did not care to follow them.

The fourth D.A. Meeting had come, and everybody went to the room of requirement. "Duelling, you guys! Pick a partner, and you know, no extreme curses or anything like that. I don't want anybody to get hurt," Harry spoke, quieting everybody's conversations. "Find a partner, and practice with some simple spells! And try to defend each others magic, using counter-curses and such," He said, and everybody spread around the room.

Venice looked around for Ginny or Hermione, but both of them were already paired. She looked over to see if she could find George, but she saw he was working with Fred. "Evans! It seems to me that you don't have partner," Somebody said from behind Venice. At first she thought it was Draco. But, when she turned around she saw Ernie Macmillan walking towards her. "I guess I don't, no," Venice said casually. "Alright, then! Shall we duel?" He said in a stupidly fancy tone of voice, and marched a bit across the room so they were a fair distance away from eachother. "Ready?" He called. Venice gave a slight nod and smirk. Boy, did he not know what he was getting into. "Expelli-" "Confringo! Venice interrupted Ernie's curse, and sent him flying backward. With a loud crash, Ernie landed on one of the bookcases that was against the walls of the room. "Bloody basket, Venice! What the hell was that for?" Ernie said, rubbing the side of his head. She rushed up beside him, suppressing the urge to laugh. "I'm so sorry, I was just trying, you know?" She said in a very defying tone of voice. Ernie frowned, and got up. "I'm not duelling her again! Absolutely not! One of you lot can have a go, and you'll see what it's like! Weasley, stop laughing, it looks like Granger has gotten you off on her way, hasn't it?" Ernie said, walking away from the scene he was just in. Ron was laughing his head off. Harry also let out a smile when Ernie wasn't looking.

The beginning of May was a real bore. O.W.L. Examinations were to be done in the upcoming week. Venice had been studying with Ginny and Hermione everyday in the library since forever, and Venice felt like she was more than ready.

All her exams went smoothly, as she demonstrated proper uses of magic, Herbology, Care of Magical Creatures, and Potions. But, her Defence against the Dark Arts' examination went a little bit differently.

About an hour through the exam, there was a noise coming from outside of the hall. Umbridge got out of her seat, and trotted to go see what the fuss was about. As soon as she opened the doors to check, two red-headed boys came flying in on broomsticks. Setting off fireworks, Fred and George Weasley chased Umbridge out of the room. All of the students got up to see the fiasco unfolding in front of them. In the halls, Venice saw fireworks exploding, magical swamps pertruding through staircases, and Peeves flying around messing up papers left by curious teachers (mainly Umbridge of course). Fred and George swooped down to the crowd of students that had emerged, and gave a weary laugh. Cheers and applauds came from all the students, thankful they got to escape their exams. Everybody proceeded to the courtyard to watch yet another firework show. Venice was watching from one of the passages beside the courtyard, when somebody abruptly came beside her. She looked to her right, and saw a red-faced and panting George Weasley. "Listen, I just wanted to say goodbye," He said to her. "What? Goodbye?" Venice said, shocked. "Yes! We would be expelled anyways from this mess. Fred and I have been planning this all along!" He explained with a broken laugh. "Ha! George, this is incredible! It's truly amazing!" Venice beamed at him. "Oh no, here she comes. I have to go now, please visit during the summer?" He asked. He threw his arms around Venice and hugged her tightly. George then mounted his broom, and disappeared off into the distance with his twin brother.

The following day, the D.A. had their fifth meeting. Harry mainly taught review. Venice looked around the room to see people duelling eachother, practicing disarming charms on dummies, and Patronuses prancing across the room. She also noticed there was no Fred and no George. Saddened, Venice practiced her Patronus with Hermione and Ginny. Suddenly, there was a large cracking sound coming from where the door of the room of requirement would be.

Draco and the Inquisitorial squad followed Umbridge to the seventh floor corridor, right in front of where the room would be. "Are you sure it's here, Professor?" Draco asked when they stopped walking. "Of course Draco dear!" She said, with an evil grin spreading across her face. She lifted her wand directly at the wall and said "Bombarda Maxima!". The entire wall exploded right apart, creating a gaping hole in it. Draco was so glad that he had finally caught Potter up to something.

When the dust from the wall finally cleared, a group of figures were standing in front inside the room of requirement. "Aha! Finally! I knew you were up to something, Potter!" Umbridge cackled. Harry, Hermione, and Ron were in the centre of the group. Neville Longbottom, Luna Lovegood, Dean Thomas, Seamus Finnegan, and Ginny Weasley were also easily visible. Suddenly, Draco saw somebody in their group move up to the front. It was Venice Evans.