Christmas Eve

The day of the Yule Ball arrived. There was no classes as it was the start of Winter break, so Venice went outside for a walk in the snow to clear her mind a bit. She was going to the Yule Ball with Draco Malfoy! Hermione was going to the ball with Viktor Krum, the champion for Durmstrang, so she was extremely happy for Hermione. Ginny Weasley also ended up being a good friend of Venice's, after meeting up with her and Hermione in Hogsmeade one day. She was going with Neville. Soon the evening came, and Venice stopped doing her homework and decided to get ready. The dance started at 7:00, and Venice saw that it was 6:30. Venice walked up to the girl's dormitory only to see a few other girls getting ready. Most people have probably already met up with their partners to hang out for a bit before the dance. Venice went to open her trunk that was under her bed to find our what dress her Aunt packed for her. She opened the package it was wrapped in to find a long, and very beautiful dress. The top part was black and tight fitting, with long sleeves. The bottom skirt part was an ombré colour. The top of the skirt was black, then it faded to grey and ended in a bright white colour at the bottom. Venice got dressed and put the dress on, then looked in the mirror. She looked better than she ever had before. She looked at the clock and saw it read 6:55. She rushed to put on her favourite black shoes, and ran down out of the dormitory and out of the common room. She ran to where she was going to meet Draco (outside the great hall doors). She reached the staircase that lead down to the area in front of the great hall, and looked down to see almost everybody in the school crowded in front of the doors. She was the only one at the top of the staircase, and looked down to try and find where Draco was standing.

Draco had been waiting for about ten minutes, in case Venice was early. But turns out she wasn't going to be. It was now 6:59 and she was nowhere to be seen. Draco searched frantically around the waiting hall. Then, he looked up at the staircase and saw a girl with the prettiest dress he'd ever seen, and her black hair wistfully brushing against her shoulders. It was Venice.

 She rushed down the stairs frantically looking for him, and Draco rushed to her. She turned her back to him to look the other way, and Draco started laughing and grabbed her by the waist and tickled her. "Draco, stop!" She tried to say throughout her giggling. She turned around and hugged him as tight as she could. "Come on my ditsy girl," Draco said. "We have a dance to attend".

The first hour was filled with fast paced songs, for hardcore dancing. In the middle of the room was the dance floor, where everybody was dancing and jumping and having fun. To the right was the drinks and food table for snacks. And to the left were tables and chairs for people to sit and chat if they got tired. Venice and Draco were dancing in the centre of the room to the songs, laughing and having a blast. Then, the fast paced songs died down, and a slower song started. All the people formed a circle with a huge space in the middle. The Triwizard champions led their partners into the centre, to start off the slow dancing. Harry was with one of the Patil sisters, and Hermione was with Viktor Krum. Then Dumbledore led Professor McGonagall in the centre to dance. Then followed Ginny and Neville. Then Draco grabbed Venice's hand and led her to the centre of the room where they started dancing. They didn't say anything, and didn't make eye contact for a minute until Venice looked up at Draco and smiled. He smiled back. Draco was only a few inches taller than Venice, so she didn't have to look up too much. They both leaned their heads in, and rested their foreheads together. They swayed with the music, until it stopped. Dumbledore went up to his podium, and announced, "Thank you to everybody for attending! What a great Christmas Eve! Merry Christmas to you all, and please proceed back to your dormitories." Draco took Venice's hand and walked with her back to the Slytherin common room. "Thanks so much for taking me," Venice said. "It was no problem. Now, I think I'm going to head to bed." Draco said. Venice smiled, and leaned in and kissed Draco's cheek. She let go of his hand and walked up to her dormitory. Draco walked up to his with a big smile on his face, stroking the place where Venice kissed him.