Draco's Secret

In the second week of February, a trip to Hogsmeade was scheduled. Venice was going with Ginny, and they were just going to walk around. Covered head to toe in scarves and layers of clothing, they waddled around the little village until their feet got numb and they decided to walk into the Three Broomsticks. They sat down for about a half an hour and slowly drank a glass of Butterbeer each. "Ginny, can I talk to you for a bit if you don't mind?" Someone suddenly said from behind Venice. In her chair, she turned around to see Dean Thomas. "Venice, I should proba-" "-probably go, yeah. That's ok, I'm probably going to head back to the castle," Venice said with a sly smile toward Ginny. "Ok, see you later Venice!' Ginny said, leaving with Dean. Venice got up and left the shop after them, going towards the castle.

As Venice was walking toward the castle of Hogwarts, she saw that a crowd of students were on the snow-covered path. Venice rushed to go see what was happening, and saw Katie Bell dangling in the air, with her arms spread like an eagle. Her friend was crying below her, saying "I told her not to touch it!" Over and over again. Venice tried to push through the crowd to see what she was talking about, when suddenly Katie dropped to the ground. Hagrid pushed through the crowd, and picked up Katie. He yelled for everyone to leave, and the crowd dispersed.

A week later, while Venice was walking down to breakfast, she heard noises coming from the boy's bathroom just down the hall. Venice crept behind a suit of armour nearby and listened. She heard clashing, and the spraying of water. "Sectumsempra!" a voice came from inside the washroom. There then was a thump, and then silence. Somebody emerged from the bathroom, causing Venice to go stiff. The footsteps went the other way, and soon disappeared. Venice stepped aside from the suit of armour, and stepped closer to the bathroom. Gushes of water could still be heard from inside, and soon water met the toes of Venice's shoes. "Hello?" She called to inside. Nobody answered. Slowly, Venice stepped inside the bathroom and saw the body of Draco Malfoy covered in blood and trembling as if he was on the verge of going un-conscious. Venice rushed to him and knelt beside his body, which was sprawled across the floor. "Draco, who did this?" She whispered, brushing her hand gently across his cheek and down his chest. Her hand was covered in blood in a matter of seconds. "I-Th-P-P," He stumbled, and fell quiet. Venice heard harsh footsteps from outside and suddenly Professor Snape entered the bathroom, and slumped to his knees beside Venice to look at Draco. He lifted his wand, and muttered some sort of incantation. The blood that was spewed in the water coming from Draco's open wounds retreated slowly back into his body, and his breathing grew stronger. "Get up!" Snape said, when there was no physical trauma left on Malfoy's body. "You," He addressed Venice. "Get him to the hospital wing. I don't want anyone, ANYONE, to know about this! Now go, quickly!" He snapped, and Venice seized Draco's arms and assisted him up. Draco reluctantly let Venice assist him, only for Snape's sake. Venice guided him through the corridors in silence. Draco began to whimper, and Venice let one of her hands fall from his waist to his hand, and grabbed it. He swatted her hand away, and started to sob uncontrollably. "Venice, I- I- can't anymore," He began, still sobbing. "Just let me help you! I will understand," Venice said softly but impatiently to him. "I can't- can't do that," He said. "Draco! Please!" Venice pleaded, and stopped in her tracks. She looked up and into Draco's light blue eyes. They looked sad, and filled with terror. "Do you really want to know?" He asked harshly. He grabbed his left sleeve and in one motion pulled it up. On his forearm, was the Dark Mark. Venice gasped, and felt a shock of pain in her eyes. She felt like they were about to burst, and her head went dizzy. Nobody was in the halls other than them, but she didn't feel comfortable knowing that Draco was watching. "The secret is out, Venice! Aha! What did I tell you about the boy, Venice? He's one of them, and there is nothing - you - can - do!" The voice came back, louder than ever and ringed inside her head. Venice let out a scream of terror, and felt a chill of coldness surround her. She opened her eyes from their shut tight embrace. Draco's arms were surrounding her, and the temperature of her body started to plummet. "Draco, why you? Why? Please, no!" Venice pleaded, as she buried her face in his chest. "Shh, shh. Please!" He said, letting go of her. "Listen to me! Bad things are coming to Hogwarts, and you're really the only person I care about. Crabbe and Goyle are just useless decoys I have for my own personal assistance, but they will help me in the near future. I know what's going to happen, and you need to promise me to stay out of it! I don't care if you're with the Order, or whatever they call it. But I need to step in for my father or he'll- he'll- he'll kill me," He explained, trembling once again and grasping onto Venice's shoulders. He proceeded to walk away from Venice, and out of sight.