An Abundance of Tests

The day of final examinations came. Venice was thoroughly prepared, having studied for all the subject's tests. Her first class was Charms, so she headed down to Professor Flitwick's class. The written test was fairly easy, and her demonstration of her charms were just about perfect. The next class she had was Herbology, and what she had to demonstrate was how to properly de-leaf a Wobbler Root. She had to admit Herbology wasn't her best class (and definitely wasn't her favourite), but she thought she did fairly well. Up next for her was Transfiguration, where she successfully turned her goblet into a rat and vice-versa for Professor McGonagall.

The Defence Against the Dark Arts final exam was a breeze for Venice, especially because she was presumably Professor Moody's favourite, other than Harry of course. Speaking of Harry, he was having a hard time studying and doing his tests, because his final task for the Triwizard Tournament would be happening the next day. Venice, Ron, and Hermione had been helping his practice hexes and search up counter-curses the last couple days to help Harry prepare, but Harry had a feeling deep down that his research wouldn't be the slightest bit enough to help him. 

Back in Defence Against the Dark Arts, they had finished their exam, and Moody had a small lesson on his mind to go through before his class was over. "Everybody, please line up behind Mr. Finnigan here. Today I wanted to do a quick lesson, or rather should I say 'test', on how well you can deflect or act against the Imperius curse," Moody said, and everybody went to line up behind Seamus. "Isn't that illegal?" Venice whispered to Hermione, who was standing in front of her in the line. "Well of course it is! I reckon he's gone a bit mad!" Hermione whispered in return. Venice turned behind her and noticed that Draco was right behind her in the line. She smiled at him (he smirked back) and turned back around to face Professor Moody. "Alright, Finnigan? Here we go, 1,2,3!" He said, as he cursed Seamus, who started hopping around like a bunny under Moody's control. Everybody seemed ridiculous when they were put under the curse, which was obviously expected, until Harry was at the front. His body made the least amount of movement compared to the other, his body only jerking suddenly as if something was possessing him. He seemed focused until there was a large crash, and Harry had fallen onto a desk. "Brilliant, Potter. There's how you do it!" Moody beamed at Harry, who was now walking to the back of the line, rubbing the side of his torso where he had fallen. "That was brilliant, Harry!" Ron said to him. Hermione was up next, and was cursed to flap her wings like a bird gone mad. It seemed like she hardly even tried, but Venice didn't want to make fun of her, as she would probably do something as silly as that. About a minute later, Venice was at the front of the line. "Alright, Ms. Evans, here we are!" He shouted "Imperio!" At her, and all of a sudden she felt a pain arising in her right leg. It felt like her brain was telling her that if she didn't move it, it would start jumping up, up, and away without her. But, Venice flat out told herself she was not to move it. Then it seemed like her whole body had the same sensation, but once again she told herself to rebel against it. She had closed her eyes while focusing, and re-opened them to see herself standing up as she was about a minute ago. The sensation was now gone, and she turned around to see everybody staring at her with their jaws virtually dropped. "Unbelievable! Absolutely unbelievable. I can't believe it." Moody was now pacing around the front of the room, practically examining Venice. "How extraordinary. I can't think of any way that is possible." The bell rang, and everybody was off to their next class. "Ms. Evans, I would like a word with you please." Professor Moody called after her as she was packing up her book bag, ready to leave. She shot Draco a look and a smile as he walked out, and walked up to Moody's desk. "I must ask you, you're abilities are absolutely extraordinary and what seems like until now, virtually impossible for a 14 year old to achieve. I must ask you, have you ever been set under an Imperius curse before?" Moody questioned her."Absolutely not, I've been living with Muggles since I was 7, sir," Venice said. The bell rang, indicating the next class had started. It seemed like Moody had a free block, as there was no students coming into the classroom. "Alright Ms. Evans, off you go." Venice virtually sprinted down to the dungeons for potions, knowing she was going to get hollered at by Professor Snape.

She was quite right, as she pushed through the doors into the Potions class, Professor Snape immediately yelled "Why are you LATE? You most DEFINITELY had enough time to get here, Ms. Evans! I think a detention is in order for you tonight at 8! Take a seat at ONCE and make me a passable mundane potion, or else maybe a double detention is required, hm?" Venice grabbed a seat beside Draco, thrown aback by Snape's harsh speech. She knew he was mean, but it never reached this level before. "Professor Snape, Venice was asked to speak with  Professor Moody after last class," Malfoy spoke up, in defence to Venice. "Mr. Malfoy, I absolutely do not care! Talking back against my words has earned you a detention, too. Now, be quiet and brew your potions in silence! If I hear one more word out of any of you, you ALL will be staying after class! I do not care if you miss your lunch, that is your problem!" Snape said. Venice looked to Draco, and grabbed his hand. She caressed it for a few seconds then put it down and mouthed "I'm sorry," But Draco knew that nothing was her fault.

After what seemed like forever, their Potions class was over. Draco and Venice grabbed their bags and headed off to the great hall for lunch. They ate in silence, and then agreed to go for a walk around the grounds. Their exams were now over, and they had only 1 week left at Hogwarts until their summer break.

Once they dropped off their book bags in their dormitories, they walked outside and headed for the Black Lake. This happened to be the place where the second task of the Triwizard tournament occurred. Venice and Draco sat down under a big willow tree, and started off into the distance over the lake. Venice rested her head on Malfoy's shoulder while he was reading one of his favourite Quidditch magazines. Their day would have been nice and peaceful (and it would have lasted that way) if they hadn't had to deal with detention with Professor Snape that night. Venice then took her head off Draco's shoulder, and looked up at him. "Do you think this summer will be fun?" She asked him. "Well, it better be. Or else there's just going to be this other person in my house eating and surviving for no reason at all, isn't there?" Venice let out a laugh. "Well when you put it that way, I guess I'm being forced to be an interesting person! Gee, that's going to be hard isn't it." Venice said. Draco looked at her and smirked. He put down his magazine, and leaned down and kissed her forehead. He put his arm around her, and took his other hand and grabbed hers. They rested their heads together once more, and peacefully drifted off into a more relaxed state of mind.