Malfoy's Manor

The pitch black corvette pulled up to the red-bricked townhouse about 10 minutes after it pulled away from King's Cross station. Venice lived in Brighton before her parents died, but then moved to the outskirts of London to live with her Aunt. Venice got out of the car, and walked up the steps to the front door. She reached into one of the bushes to her left and pulled out the spare key out of a branch. Then she opened the door, and was shocked by what she found inside. Shattered glass was spewed everywhere, and yellow police tape was stringed around random places. Venice carefully walked around, to see what could be saved. She noticed her aunt's photo shelf was smashed to bits, and the only remaining picture was of her Aunt and her Uncle. Her Uncle Matthias was killed in a car crash many years ago, and her Aunt never bothered to find anyone else. She believed he was her true love, but accepted that fate had taken its toll, ending his life earlier than it should've. Venice grabbed the picture and kept walking. She walked through the kitchen, and saw smashed plates and broken glasses in the sink, cupboards, and on the floor. Then, she walked upstairs and into her aunt's room. She saw her aunt's bed made, and the floor wasn't covered in glass like the others. Her aunt's jewelry box lay on one of her dressers. Venice grabbed a jade locket necklace from the box, as she remembered it was her aunt's favourite. She walked out of the room, and went into what once was her own.

Everything was in its correct place, just like she had left it in September. Venice only had one picture in her room, and it was of her and her parents. She grabbed it and sat down on what once was her bed. Venice started to cry. She started to scream. She stood up quickly and smashed the picture so hard on her bed it popped out of its frame, although it did not break. Venice couldn't hold on any longer. She finally let her emotions fly out of her, so fast that she felt like she had just been winded. She fell down onto the ground, and lay there for a minute. Why did everyone have to be dying? Why did this have to happen to her? To her family? To Harry? To Cedric? Why?

Venice walked out of her room, with tear stains that fell from her eyes to her chin. She ran to the closest bathroom, and took a look at herself in the mirror. Oh how terrible I look! 'You're going to one of the richest wizarding family's houses, and you're looking like this?' Venice thought. She walked back into her room, and picked a few random articles of clothing. She happened to pick an outfit entirely bought by her aunt. A white blouse, with black tights that went down to her ankle. They were very thin, so they were great for the summer. She grabbed her robes and put them over her arm. Venice grabbed her favourite pair of shoes that she didn't take to Hogwarts, which were her grey flats. She quickly put them on, and grabbed the shoes she was wearing with her spare hand. With her hands full, she wobbled downstairs, and took one last look of what once she called home. She walked back to the black car outside, threw her possessions into the trunk, and got back in.

They drove off immediately, so fast that Venice was sure that muggles couldn't see their car. Then, all of a sudden they swerved off the path. Venice had her mouth opened, prepared to scream, when she saw a forest with a clearing. The clearing had a small dirt path that the car zoomed off on. "Darling, not to fear! This path is invisible to Muggles, you see. So is the manor!" The driver suddenly said, obviously noticing the look of terror on Venice's face. Venice calmed down a little after this assurance, but was still a little shaken. Then, the path suddenly changed from dirt to stone. Venice opened the window and stuck her face out just enough to see where they were. A large, dark grey and rectangular building was standing before them. "Welcome to the Malfoy Manor, sweetheart!" The driver called once more. There was a roundabout at the entrance of the building, where the car pulled up to and stopped.

Draco had been watching out the window since the moment they got home. Finally, he saw the familiar black car pull up to the front of the manor. First the driver got out, and went to open the door of the backseat. Venice emerged from the car, with a change of clothing. Draco had changed into something different, too. He wore a navy short sleeved button up, and black trousers. He ran downstairs to greet Venice, and saw his parents grabbing her trunks and personal belongings. "We'll take these up to your room, alright? Draco can show you around, I reckon? Right, Draco?" Mrs. Malfoy said. "Yes, of course, mother," he said. His parents cleared out of the entrance hall, allowing him to see Venice. He noticed she was a bit red in the face, and the eyes, like she had been crying. Venice hugged him tightly. She moved her face to look toward his, and a tear fell down her face. "I'm sorry, it must be tough," Draco said. "It's O.K., really, it's just a tad overwhelming I guess," Venice said. Draco grabbed her hand, and led her up the staircase to a corridor. "How do you know where everything is? This place is absolutely ridiculous!" Venice said, taken aback by the size of the Malfoy's mansion. "Well, I've lived here a long time, so you get rather used to it." He stated. They walked hand in hand, until they reached one of many doors. "Well, welcome to your room!" Draco said, pushing the door open, revealing a large room. "Are you serious?" Venice asked, with a hint of excitement in her voice. "Why would I be joking, Evans?" Draco laughed. The room had a huge bed to the left, pushed against a wall. A big glass chandelier hung from the ceiling, glistening peacefully. A dark oak dresser was pushed against the farthest corner. A window was on the opposite wall of the entrance door, and Venice went to go look outside it. There was a huge garden (which looked a bit like a maze) across from a small lake. There was a swing set, and a big tree that hung over the lake. Venice turned and saw that there was door on the wall opposite to the bed. "Where does that lead to?" Venice asked Draco. "Ah, there's the fun part," he said, pushing it open. There was a room that looked rather similar to Venice's. "This is my room, my dearest Evans," he explained. "So that means that our rooms are connected?" She asked. "Yes, I believe so," he replied. Draco took out his wand, and flung it in a straight line facing the wall. The wall retracted, and removed itself. There was now no barrier between the two. "I mean, whenever you need privacy, especially if you're mad at me, just flick your wand like I did and the wall will reappear. Flick it again, and it'll disappear. I think you get the point," Draco explained. Venice smiled in awe, and hugged him once more.