Snape's Announcement

The announcement of the Triwizard tournament came and went. Harry Potter was to be the fourth Triwizard champion! Venice saw him in the halls one day, and rushed up to him to give him a hug. "Oh, Harry," she said. "I know you can push through this. I believe in you!" Venice beamed at him as she let go. "Thanks, Venice." He said back. Venice skipped down the halls, as she was heading to join the Slytherins for potions. As she was proceeding to Snape's dungeon, she ran into a group of Slytherin girls. "Hey, Potter! Haha, looks like your precious little cousin is off to battle! Well that wouldn't be a first, I'm dumbfounded he's lasted this long!" Pansy Parkinson said, emerging from the group of girls, who erupted in laughter. "Aw, would you look at the little Potter, looks like we have double to have a bit of fun with!". Venice felt a surge of anger rise within her. She shot a straight glance at Pansy, and focused with all her might. Pansy dropped her smile immediately. She started turning a shade of purple, and her nose grew two sizes bigger. Venice dropped her gaze and laughed, skipping away from them. Pansy ran away, screeching in terror.

Venice went to sit down in her regular seat beside Draco, but Crabbe had taken it. She searched for another chair, and the only empty one was beside Neville Longbottom. "Hello" she said as she saw down. "Hi," Neville said. Venice got her materials out to start. "Listen up!" Snape called. "I have an important announcement. Because of the Triwizard tournament, we will be hosting the Yule Ball on Christmas Eve. The Yule Ball is a gathering to get to know the other wizarding schools. It is going to be formally known as a dance. I won't get into much more detail, but it is ideal for you to bring a companion. Very well, begin your potions,". Venice looked over at Hermione, who was on Neville's other side. They both shared a look of questioning. Then, Venice looked over to where Draco was sitting. Surely he would ask Pansy, she thought. So, from so on, Venice prepared to be ready to go to the dance alone.

As soon as Draco heard this news though, Draco had a surge of feelings he never felt before. He took a glance over at Venice, who was sitting contently and looking at Hermione. What was she thinking right now? Was she going to ask anybody? Draco felt nervous. He didn't know what he was going to do. Was he going to bite the bullet and ask Venice Evans? He didn't know just yet. He knew he wasn't good enough for her. She was too good for him, and way better at everything else. He couldn't compare. He wanted to ask her though, he really did.

As soon as Draco knew, it was December 22. It was Venice's birthday. He knew what he was going to do. The Yule Ball was only 2 days away, so he had to act fast. If he wanted to take Venice, now would be the time to get over his nerves and just ask her. Draco rushed down out of the boy's dormitory and into the common room. It was empty, all except for Venice who was sitting at one of the table's doing her star chart for Professor Trelawny. "Hey, Evans," Malfoy said as he walked toward the table. "Oh, um, Hi!" Venice said with a small smile. "I was wondering, has anyone asked you to the Yule Ball yet?" He said. "Ahaha, no, if course not. Everybody thinks I'm a freak. They all saw me when they went down for breakfast, just a little ditsy gal on her birthday doing nothing but homework." Venice looked up at Draco. "I don't think you're a freak. And if I did think so, you'd be a pretty cool one. Unlike that Potter idiot, he's just stupid." Venice smacked him lightly on the arm and laughed. "I was wondering, if a ditsy gal like you say you are would like to go to the Yule Ball with me?" Draco asked with a smile. "Of course!" Venice answered, and threw herself into Draco and hugged him.