The Preparation

Venice woke up on the morning of the 31 of July to find Mrs. Weasley busily baking in the kitchen. Ginny was sitting at the dining room table, reading Witch Weekly and having a cup of tea. Harry and Ron were still asleep, and Hermione had woken up early to finish reading one of her textbooks and was sitting in their bedroom. "Good morning, Ginny," Venice said as she sat down across from her at the table. Ginny smiled and kept reading. Venice poured herself some tea, and had a piece of toast from the plate in the middle of the table. "Ah, Venice! Today I want you and Ginny to work on some stuff for the wedding! I was thinking you could help with decorating the inside, specifically the ribbons," Mrs. Weasley said as she walked into the dining room. "Yes, of course mum. Venice and I will make sure it looks magnificent and to your liking," Ginny said. "Alright, then. Get started when you're finished your breakfast then," She then said, and walked back into the kitchen. "I suppose we should get started now, then? To get it done and over with?" Ginny asked, putting down her magazine. "Yeah, alright," Venice agreed, finishing her toast. Venice and Ginny walked to the attic and collected a few spools of the purple and gold ribbon Mrs. Weasley was talking about, and set off for outside.

There stood a big white overhang, where Bill and Fleur would get married. Underneath it stood rows and rows of gold chairs, where everyone would sit to watch the ceremony. Above the alter were bewitched purple and gold balloons, which hung above the spot Bill and Fleur would become husband and wife. "Lovely day, isn't it?" Said Fred, who was with his brother outside, tending to the area around the overhang. "Shut up, Fred! We need to work, don't we Venice?" Ginny said, adding a smirk. "Yes, of course," Venice agreed with a sigh. Fred laughed, then went back to his own work. Venice and Ginny reached one of the poles of the overhang, and began to intertwine the ribbons against the poles. "So, what did you get for Harry's birthday?" Venice asked Ginny while they were working. "Oh, I haven't decided yet," She answered, and smiled. Venice knew that meant she wasn't supposed to know. Venice smiled to herself, only imagining what Ginny had planned. "What did you get for Harry?" Ginny asked, with a cocky tone. "I drew him a picture, and framed it," Venice said. "Oh, that's nice! Is it a muggle picture, or is it one like ours?" Ginny asked. "It's a wizard picture, so it moves, you know?" Venice said, and they both laughed.

In about an hour and a half, Venice and Ginny had completed their ribbon-wrapping, and went back inside. "I, um, have to go upstairs for a minute," Ginny said, and quickly ran upstairs. "Harry!" Venice heard her hell, and she smiled to herself. "Hey, Venice," Said a voice from the dining table. It was George, who was sorting through pictures. "Hello George," she said, as she went to sit across from him. "What are you doing? Venice asked him. "Well, mum wants me to look through all the photos we have upstairs and see if there are any good ones of Bill," George replied. "Have you found any?" She asked. "Yeah, of course! It's of him and his first broom. It includes a nice amount of toppling over," George replied with a laugh, as he slid the picture over for Venice to see. There was a little redhead boy, on a small broom. He suddenly fell off, and hit the ground with a great amount of impact although he was only 2 feet off the ground. "That's pretty great," Venice agreed, and slid the picture back over to George. "I er- have to go help Hermione, I'll see you around!" Venice said, making up an excuse to escape the tension between her and George. "Save me a dance tomorrow, will you?" He asked, before Venice stepped out of the room. "We'll see," Venice said with a smirk, as she left to go upstairs.

"Hey, wake up!" Said a muffled voice, as Venice was being aggressively shaken. "Get dressed, come on! We need get ready!" Venice looked up to see Ginny shaking her. "Jeez, alright, alright! I'm getting up!" Venice replied, hastily getting out of bed. Ginny left the room, leaving Venice alone to get dressed. The dress she was wearing for Bill and Fleur's wedding was a long, periwinkle, slim-fitted dress. She slipped it on, checked her hair, put on her flats, and ran downstairs. "Venice, you look great dear!" Mrs. Weasley said, rushing through the hall and to the kitchen. Venice peaked through the kitchen and saw Ginny very close to Harry, in a tight embrace. Dazzled, Venice quickly looked away, then smiled to herself. Venice started walking to the front door, when she felt a hand on her shoulder. "Venice, you look amazing!" Said Hermione. George then walked by and said, "I couldn't say any different,". He then winked, and left to go outside. Hermione smiled, then ran upstairs. "Ok everybody! One hour until everyone is supposed to arrive!" Called Mrs. Weasley, in a booming voice.

Venice started feeling a bit nervous. She had never been to a wedding before, and was scared of all the people she would meet. With the Dark Lord rising quickly, there was the ongoing threat that there could be an attack, especially with Harry being around. Venice tried to push away her fear, and focus on the wedding. After all, it was supposed to be a time of joy, right?