The Red Sparks

Venice, Ron, and Hermione were in the library helping Harry one more time last minute before the last task occurred (which would happen that night). "Ooh! Look! This hex causes a sprout to grow out of someone's nose! Wicked," Ron said, excited. "Ron, we're supposed to be helping Harry, not find absurd hexes that don't help at all," Hermione said to him. "I'm obviously not prepared Hermione, it doesn't matter now," Harry said. "Harry I wouldn't say that. You've done so many heroic things in just a few years that most adults won't achieve in their lifetime!" Venice said to Harry. "Why do you guys have to be so positive, geez! I could actually die in that death maze they have planned for us." Harry said. Ron, Hermione, and Venice all shut up and kept looking for helpful hexes.

When lunchtime came around, Draco went to the great hall hoping to find Venice. Like once before, Venice was sitting all alone at one side of the table. Draco went and sat across from her, when he noticed she was writing something on a piece of parchment. "What are you writing there, my dearest Evans?" Draco asked. "Oh, nothing. Just practicing my handwriting," she said, making a long swishing motion with her quill on the parchment. Draco sat silent for a little while, watching Venice write. Gosh, how were her motions so smooth? Draco's writing resembled as one might say, garbage. "I should teach you how to fly this summer, Evans," Draco suddenly said. Venice stopped writing, and looked up at him. "Like, on a broom?" Venice asked. "Well what else would you fly on? A carpet?" Draco said with sarcasm in his voice. "You could actually fly on a carpet, you know, like Aladdin and Jasmine," Venice said. Draco gave her a funny look. "And who are those people?" He asked. "Oh, never mind. They're from a muggle story," she said. "I just thought it would be fun, you know. We could fly around the grounds of my manor. It's really quite beautiful, especially during sunsets." Draco said. "We'll see," Venice said. "I have to go organize my books now, my bed is quite a mess. I'll see you tonight for part 2 with Snape!" Venice whispered, smirking. "Alright, see you later Evans," Draco said, waving after her as she left the great hall. He looked to his left and saw farther down that Crabbe and Goyle were staring at him. They were giving him cocky smiles. "Oh, get off it!" He mouthed.

Venice and Draco were walking down the hall toward Snape's office that night, and stopped to look out of the window after they heard the cannon signifying the start of the final task of the Triwizard Tournament. They saw the figures of Harry and Cedric Diggory entering the maze. Venice had a soft spot for Diggory after meeting him in the library one time. She was looking for a book on foods with magical properties, and saw Cedric approaching her. "It's up here," he said pulling a book from a taller shelf she couldn't reach. "I've been looking for stuff like this myself, actually. For the second task you know?" Cedric whispered to Venice. "It's something to do with the lake, so I have to figure out how to breathe, which is kind of essential for survival." Venice let out a muffled giggle. "Thanks much, Cedric. Good luck, I bet you'll do just great," She said to him. He gave her a desirable look and a smile, and walked away. Venice and Draco continued walking down to Professor Snape's office, and like last time he was awaiting their arrival. "Continue organizing, Evans, Malfoy," he said. They started cleaning, and unlike last time they were not interrupted by Dumbledore. About an hour had past, and by then there were audible screams and chants coming from the crowd outside watching the tournament. Venice could see outside the window from where she was standing, so she looked over to try and see what was happening. She saw the big maze and the stands of students watching. A streak of red sparks had risen abruptly out if the maze. That couldn't have meant something good. Then, she saw the figure of Viktor Krum being dragged out of the maze by a team of staff. He looked unconscious, and rather pale. "Keep assorting Evans, you're almost finished," Snape called.

Another half an hour passed by, and the screams increased in volume. Then, they went silent. Snape arose slowly out of his chair and went to look out the window. Professor McGonagall burst into the room, giving Venice and Draco a stern look before saying, "It's the Diggory boy, Severus." "Detention dismissed, you've done enough," Snape said and rushed out of his office following Professor McGonagall. Venice and Draco looked at eachother and ran down to the grounds where the maze was. They ran down to the front if the stands, where everyone was standing. They fought through the crowd to get a glimpse at what was going on. They finally reached a spot where they saw the following scene in front of them: Harry was clutching the body of Cedric, who looked lifeless. Harry appeared to be crying, and screaming at the teachers trying to help. Venice couldn't exactly hear what he was saying, but she knew it was important information as to what happened, as the teachers were listening very carefully. She didn't want to look anymore. A student was just killed, and she couldn't imagine what Harry was going through. Venice noticed she was crying very softly, and buried her face in Draco's chest. He put his arms around her, telling her everything would be ok, and everything would turn around. But it wasn't going to be like that.  Cedric was dead, and even though she didn't know him very well, he didn't deserve his fate.