Defence Against the Dark Arts

The first day's classes for Venice went by quickly. Venice met Professor Hagrid, Professor Flitwick, Professor Binns, and Professor Trelawny. Venice sat beside Draco in all of the classes they had together, and practically "schooled" Draco in charms class. Her "Wingaridum Leviosa" charm sent her cushion flying at once, and nearly broke a chandelier because the force was so strong. "Extraordinary, Miss Evans!" Professor Flitwick beamed. "I've never seen that charm done so strong on the first try!" On the other hand, Draco couldn't get his pillow 5 inches off the ground.

It was now their second day of classes, and Draco and Venice had Herbology first with Professor Sprout. Their class wasn't very interesting, they mainly went over safety restrictions and introductions. Next they had Double Potions with Professor Snape. "Sit down! I am going to do attendance!" Snape called out. He started calling names, but it seems Venice wasn't on the list. "Get out your caul-" "Professor? I believe you missed my name," Venice interrupted with her hand halfway in the air. "Twenty points fr- never mind. No interrupting please! What is your name?" Snape snapped. He didn't deduct points as she was from his own house, Slytherin. "Venice Evans". Snape looked awestruck. "Evans?" Snape questions. "Um, yes sir". Harry, Hermione and Ron were in this class too. Harry shot her a look and a forgiving smile, as he did when he found out. "Great, another Potter I have to deal with then. CAULDRONS!" Snape said, marking her down. Venice looked at Harry, who looked at her with a frowning face. Malfoy on the other hand, was staring at her intently like she was a freak or something. "What?" He asked her. "You never told me you're related to THAT!" He said indicating Harry. "Well I didn't thi-" "Nevermind. You're obviously better than that, and I know so. Bloody hell,".

The next class they had was Defence Against the Dark Arts, with Professor Moody. Venice and Draco sat together in the middle of the room, and listened as Hermione listed the unforgivable curses. All of a sudden, Moody shouted "Evans! Up here, will you. We are going to duel." Venice didn't know what to do. She looked at Malfoy, who's mouth was wide open. She looked back at Moody as if what he said was a mistake. "Now! Ms. Evans, we haven't all day," Venice proceeded to walk up slowly to the front of the classroom, where there was a clear space. "Ms. Evans, Professor Dumbledore has told me all about you and your abilities. Anybody else in here that would try to attempt the Imperius curse would barely make someone take one step under their orders. Ms. Evans on the other hand, may be strong enough to duel me, and attempt to set the curse upon me. Now, all of you, I would like you to watch! Ms. Evans, you may use any curse on me to try and deflect MY Imperius curse upon you. Now, shall we begin?" Moody said. Venice took in all this information, and nervously shook her head. She looked around, and saw Hermione, Harry, Ron, and Draco all looking at her with sympathy, like she might die or something. Well they'll see what I can do, Venice thought. "3,2,1, beg-" "Expelliarmus!" Venice called, and a bright red stream flooded directly at Moody from her wand. Moody barely had time to react, and belted "Imperio!". His wand produced a bright yellow stream, and it connected with the red from Venice's. Venice tried with all her might to force the centre of the charms to move closer to Moody. She focused harder than she ever had, and she saw the flame in the middle of the charms come closer to her, which signalled that Moody had the better. Venice ducked and jerked her wand down, and saw Moody's curse shoot over her head. Venice jumped up and screamed "IMPERIO!" And Moody started running and prancing all over the room, under her control. Everybody in the class started laughing at his ridiculous actions. Venice let the charm drop, and Moody stopped running, and was left at the front of the room in front of her. "Unbelievable," Moody muttered to himself. "Ten points to Slytherin, Evans. Please take a seat."

Draco was absolutely awestruck when she came to sit back down. He had never seen someone as young as her produce such powerful magic. Sometime his parents couldn't even do that. Back at the manor, he would practice everyday with his father Lucius Malfoy. But he could never do anything as good as this girl, who just came from living with muggles. "That was bloody brilliant!" Draco heard Ron say to Venice as she walked by the Gryffindors. Draco felt surges of jealously overtake him, for multiple reasons.