Detention for Two

Draco and Venice left the common room at 7:55 to head to Professor Snape's office. Neither of them said a word on the way down. Once they reached Snape's office, they saw him standing there waiting for them to arrive. "Good evening Ms. Evans, and Mr. Malfoy," Snape started. "Tonight I will have you organize my ingredients shelf, in alphabetical and numerical order." "Yes sir" both of them said together. They had just gotten started, when Professor Dumbledore came running into the office. "Severus, there is something I must- Oh! Good evening Venice, and Draco," "Good evening Professor Dumbledore" "Severus, may I have a word?" Dumbledore asked Snape. "Of course," he said in reply. They walked out of the office and Snape violently slammed the door shut. Draco looked toward Venice, who was still contempt in cleaning. "Draco, if we don't keep going we're going to be in here forever!" She whispered to him. "As if, Snape won't make us stay, or at least he won't make ME stay," Draco whispered with a giant smirk on his face. "I suppose you think you're his favourite, huh?" Venice questioned. "Well of course I am. Haven't you noticed?" Venice smacked him lightly on the arm. "Come on, put that bezoar away before you crush it," Venice said, noticing that Draco had been holding it for a long amount of time. They continued cleaning, until Snape abruptly opened the door to his office, and said, "Get out! I have work to do, Evans, Malfoy. It's quite important, but I still do expect you in my office tomorrow night at 8:00!" "But sir, that's when the final challenge of the Triwizard Tournament is!" Malfoy protested. "Does it look like I care? I have important work for the Headmaster, and if I don't see you here tomorrow, I'm sending a letter home to your guardians. Now shoo!" He said, pointing a strict finger toward the door.

Draco and Venice walked together back to the common room, and sat in one of the dark green couches that faced the fireplace. There was a few people in the common room, chatting away at some of the tables around the room. "That was a bit interesting, I wonder what Dumbledore wanted," Venice said. "It doesn't matter, we're going to miss the magnificent show of Potter losing a leg tomorrow! That Diggory has a great shot at winning might I add, but that girl has absolutely no chance. But Krum! Krum has to win, he absolutely has too!" Draco went on. Venice shot him a dirty look. "What is it you have against Harry, huh?" She shot up out of her seat, and crossed her arms looking sternly at Draco. "Everything, you see. It's just more of the fact that he exists, you know," Draco said. "God, Draco! I reckon you think you're the greatest thing ever, huh? You must think that because you're pure-blooded means you're the celebrity of the school and that everybody obeys you and agrees with you. That's not the way it is, you see? You don't understand! You git!" Venice yelled at him and stormed off to her dormitory. By now all the people in the common room had gone silent and watched the whole fiasco. Draco stood up, and walked up to the boys dormitory.

Draco couldn't sleep that night. Every time he closed his eyes, he could here Venice's voice piercing through his mind and into his visions. At one point in the night, Draco thought he had fallen asleep. He saw Venice in his dreams, standing in front of him and screaming. Most of the time her voice was muffled, and her image was blurry. But in the rare occasion there was a clear picture, he could hear what she was saying. She would yell stuff like "Draco, I don't love you!" Or "Draco, you never meant anything to me! You've ruined my whole life!" After about 10 minutes of this nightmare, he opened his eyes and bolted upright, breathing heavily. He felt his face flush empty, and that's when he really knew how much he cared about Venice Evans.

Draco looked down at his watch. 2:57 a.m., it read. Draco got out of bed and ran down out of the boy's dorm and into the common room. He snatched up a spare piece of parchment, and grabbed one of the quill's left behind by one of the Slytherin's. He began to write:

Venice
I am very sorry for upsetting you. I will try my best not to speak about anything of that matter again. I know I am a very stupid wad of Bubo-Tuber pus. Please forgive me.
Draco (a.k.a. Very stupid git)

Draco folded up the parchment and ran up toward the owlery. On the way, he saw a rose lying on one of the decoration tables in the hall. He snatched it up and continued running. He knew he would risk getting in trouble with Filch just to give Venice the message and show her how much he cares. He opened the door to the owlery, and walked over to one of the school post owls (being careful not to step in owl droppings). He tied the letter onto the leg of the owl, and gave the rose to it. The owl grabbed the rose by the mouth, and awaited Malfoy's instruction. "During the morning post during breakfast, please deliver this to Venice Evans. Got that?" The owl shook its head slightly to show Draco it understood. The owl flew off into the distance (Draco wondered where the heck it was going to go) and disappeared out of sight. Draco opened the door to the owlery, and ran back to the dormitories.

Venice awoke early, and decided to go down to breakfast. She got dressed and walked downstairs. She was walking down the great hall, when she saw Seamus Finnigan walking the other way. "Hello, Evans," "Good morning, Seamus," she said with a smirk. They weren't really friends, but they were good enough acquaintances to address eachother. Venice continued walking to the great hall, and walked in. Trying to avoid Draco, she walked toward the table Hermione was sitting at. She was reading a book about the greatest known spells, when she saw Venice approaching. "Hey, Hermione!" "Hello Venice," Venice sat down across from Hermione. Venice told Hermione all about what had happened last night, and the incident during her and Draco's detention."I wonder what was so important," Hermione said. "Yes, I was wondering the same thing," Venice agreed, then said "But I don't know what to do about Draco," "If I were in your position, I wouldn't talk to him ever again. But, because you aren't me and he is obviously interested in you, and you are interested in him *(Venice gave an awful big sigh)* I figure you should try to forgive him. I'm not defending Draco or anything, but it just happens to be in his nature to make fun of people. Unfortunately, one of those people is Harry." Hermione said. "I guess, but I'm still thinking." Venice said. "Oh look! The morning post has arrived!" Hermione stated. Sure enough, owls were swooping down and delivering mail. To Venice's surprise, and owl swooped down in front of her and delivered her a piece of parchment and a rose. Who would be sending her this stuff? She open the piece of parchment and read what it said. She smiled, and picked up the rose and smelled it. To be honest, it smelt rather dead. But, Venice thought, it's the thought that counts. "Hermione, I have someone I have to talk to. I'll see you around!" Venice said to Hermione. "Alright, bye!" Venice walked to the table full of Slytherin's and immediately saw the boy with the familiar blond hair. She sat down beside him and said "You really know how to screw things up, don't you." She smiled up at him, and he smiled back. "Ready for round 2 of Detention with Snape?" Draco said. "Oh, shut it." Venice laughed.