~036~

Beca's point of view:

I'm just running and running. I know exactly where I need to be right now. My grandfather lives at the edge of the forest. The forest nobody will enter because they are afraid. The only forest where I want to be when I'm sad. Usually the big oak nearby my grandfather's house. When I was out of the school, I bump into Tom. He has threatened me. His exactly words were: ,,When I'm done with you Beca, Chloe will be mine!"  I don't remember what I said to him, but I don't care. I need somebody right now. Chloe is mad at me and I didn't expect that. She's always positive and not angry, but now, she was looking at me with a disappointed look. She probably hates me right now. All I wanted was Chloe to hold me and told me that it's going to be okay, that the pain will go away, but I think that was too much to ask.

,,Beca, what a surprise." My grandfather looks at me. Immediately I start crying. ,,Ow, honey. What's wrong?"
,,Chloe is mad at me." My grandfather walk towards me and I fall into his arms, crying.
,,Come inside and talk to me." I nod and in my grandfather's embrace I walk inside of the tiny, but cozy house.
,,Hé, Beca." My grandmother hug me.
,,Beca, we heard about the shooting," my grandfather begins. ,,its awefull how your father can do that. His own child."
,,He wasn't suppose to shoot me, grandpa."
,,What do you mean?"
,,My father don't accept the fact that I'm gay, so he has beaten me and kicked me out of the house."
,,That's awefull. Were do you live honey?" My grandmother looks at me now.
,,I moved in with my girlfriend. She's amazing, but now we just had a fight."
,,What kind of fight?"
,,Well, my stitch..." I hold my shirt up so they can see the stitch. ,,it hurts and I didn't tell her because I don't want her to be worried about me. I want her to be happy, without any worry."
,,Honey, she's worried about you because she loves you."
,,So she will always be worried about me?"
,,Yeah, how hard you try to take away her sorrows. What's her name?"
,,Chloe."
,,I bet Chloe loves you very much and is looking for you everywhere right now. Don't you think she reacted angry because you didn't tell her? It feels like you don't trust her."
,,I want to trust her, but she has broken my trust before. I want us to work, but the trust has to build up again."
,,If you want you two to work, why did you run away?"
,,Because Chloe isn't there for me. I told her about my stitch and that it hurts, but all she could do was being angry at me for not telling. I just wanted her to hold me and tell me that everything is going to be okay."
,,People made mistakes sometimes. I don't think Chloe wanted to hurt you, she was shocked that you lied to her. Maybe she didn't expected that from you?"
,,I don't know what to do."
,,Maybe you just have to think. What about a nice cup of tea?"
,,Yes, please." My grandparents walk out of the living room and I grab my phone. Holy shit! A bounce of messages from Chloe.

Chloe: Becs, please answer, we need to talk.
Chloe: Becs, I love you so much, if you leave me right now I will lose my mind. Please, send me a text back. I need to know your okay.
Chloe: I understand that I've hurt your feelings by yelling at you, but I was just worried. I mean you've been shot, been in a coma and now your stitch hurt. I was angry at you because you didn't tell me, you know that I care about you a lot.
Chloe: Becs, if your still out there just give me a sign. I need you, please let's just talk. I'll keep looking for you, even if it's the last thing I will do.

I sigh a little. Chloe's not going to stop with those text messages towards me. Not when I don't reply. What am I suppose to do? I love her, but I just need some rest. Maybe I'll send a message that she doesn't have to worry and just leave me for a while. That's what I need to do. One message...

Beca: Chlo, don't worry about me. I'm fine.

Chloe's point of view:

I walk through the room from left to right. All the girls are here too and of course Jesse. He's still Beca's best friend and I don't want to ignore him. Everything what happens to Beca, he needs to know. I know that Beca wants that too.
,,Chloe, be calm." Amy say. ,,Beca is fine, you know that."
,,No I don't. She haven't text me for hours. I don't know where she is and if something happens to her, it's my fault!"
,,No it's not. Beca walked away, not because of you, but because she didn't feel understand."
,,Ugh, why is she always walking away without letting people know where she's going?"
,,Chlo, I..." Before Aubrey can finish her sentence, my phone goes off.
,,It's Beca!" I yell with a big smile and open the conversation.

Beca: Chlo, don't worry about me. I'm fine.
Chloe: Becs, I'm so sorry for getting mad at you!
Beca: No, I understand. I don't blame you at all. I just needed a walk to made up my mind.
Chloe: Is your stitch still hurting?
Beca: Yeah, but I can't risk worrying you. I feel like I've been doing that all the time. Please go back home and relax.
Chloe: Beca...
Beca: Chlo, trust me please. I'll be fine. You don't have to worry, you're not going to lose me. At least not that easy ;).
Chloe: I can't relax without knowing where you are. I need to know where you are first, before I can relax. I want to know you're really safe and not in danger. Can you at least tell me where you are?
Beca: Chloe I'm safe. No one can find me or hurt me were I am right now, so don't worry.
Chloe: I'm glad your safe babe. Wait a minute... did you just say that you are somewhere were nobody can hurt you?
Beca: Yeah, I said that. Please stop looking for me, I'm fine. If it make you feel better we can text each other?
Chloe: Becs, that's not the same. I'm sorry but I can't stop looking for you. I'm in love with you and I always will. Please Becs, I'm freaking out right now. Tell me where you are.
Beca: Chlo, please be calm.
Chloe: I can't. I'm not giving up on us. I'm going to find you everywhere, even if you tell me not to search. Beca, I can only feel better if I know were you are.
Beca: Babe, it's getting late. You should go to bed and rest right now. You're worrying to much about me and that's exactly my point. Are you with the girls right now?
Chloe: No, they are looking for you outside. Beca, please tell me were you are. I won't tell a soul. I won't tell Amy, Jesse or Jessica. I won't tell Aubrey either and she's my best friend.
Beca: Are you serious right now? You want to lie to your best friend just for me?
Chloe: Yeah, I won't tell them anything. The only thing I will tell them is to go home. I won't tell them I'll go to you.
Beca: Okay, fine. I'll tell you were I am. Do you know the big oak tree in the Woods?
Chloe: Yeah, why?
Beca: That's the place were you can find me.
Chloe: Why would you go into the woods at this hour? Isn't that scary?
Beca: My love, I'm afraid of nothing. You should know that, I caught a bullet for you, remember? It's the place were I go when I want to think. About you, but also about Tom. When I thought Tom has won you over... I always imagine myself here with you and not alone.
Chloe: And I can be, just tell me which oak it is and I'll be with you in no time.
Beca: Chlo :B. Do you really think I let you walk alone through the dark at this hour?
Chloe: Very well, please pick me up. I want to be with you, not alone in my room. Let me prove that to you.
Beca: I want to be with you too. I just wanted to stay here for a while. I don't feel going back to Barden or any place nearby Barden. Right here I can recover from the pain that my stitch causes.
Chloe: Then I'll stay there with you. Please Becs, let me be with you.
Beca: Okay babe, where are you exactly?
Chloe: Still at my house.
Beca: Do you know the gas station at the edge of the woods?
Chloe: That gas station with one pump, one restroom and a small inconvenience store?
Beca: Yeah that one. If you are going to that station, I'll be coming to you.
Chloe: I will be right there!
Beca: Chlo, be careful please! I love you! :*
Chloe: I will. I love you too :*

And that's the last thing I say to Beca, before grabbing my car keys.
,,Where are you going?" My father stops me.
,,To Beca, she's lost in the woods."
,,What is she doing out in the woods."
,,I don't know. I'll pick her up right now and bring her to her dad."
,,Fine, I will see you tomorrow. Just be careful."
,,Yes, dad." I smile. My father never ask further. I go out of the house, into my car and pull on the road. ,,No matter how far you are away from me, I will always find you Beca!" I say to myself before hitting the road.