~054~

Beca's point of view:

,,Mom, are you at home?" I say while I'm opening the door. Chloe and I have just spent four hours and forty-five minutes in an airplane, but we are not tired. In fact I'm a little bit nervous. How will react my mother to the fact that Chloe and I want to get married and how will she react on the surprising visit from my dad.

,,Beca is that you?" My mother comes down with the laundry basket in her hands.

,,Yeah, we have some news." I grab Chloe's hand.

,,Wait one minute honey. I have to hang out the laundry so that it can dry, I'll be right with you." And she walk away again. I sigh.

,,Don't worry babe, your mother will say yes. She loves you." Chloe squeeze my hand and I'm happy that she wanted to come with me. It's difficult for me to say that my father was with me this morning, but she have to know.

,,I know, it's just..."

,,Stop worrying. It's going to be just fine."

,,So, I'm done." My mother comes back into the living room and sit in front of me. ,,What do you want to tell me?"

,,It's something big and it takes a lot of preparation," begins Chloe.

,,Yeah, we start with a ceremony and after the vows we having a party." I'm finish Chloe's sentence.

,,Vows?" I can see that my mother is thinking really hard right now, because there's a frown on her forehead. ,,O my god, who's getting married?" She ask with joy. ,,Do I know them?"

,,Yeah, in fact you do. They are not far away from you right now."

,,Wait a minute..." She looks over to us. ,,Are you getting married?" I look to Chloe and take her hand while nodding towards my mother. ,,Really?"

,,Yeah, Beca asked me a week ago with a really nice song. All the Bella's were there too." Say Chloe now and give me a kiss on the cheek.

,,Do you guys already have a date?"

,,No, a wedding is a lot of preparation and this wedding need to be perfect." I look into Chloe's eyes. ,,Chloe is the love of my life and I want this wedding to be perfect, because she deserve that. She's the most amazing girl I've ever known, so everything must go well."

,,And it will Becs." My mother grab my other hand. ,,I'm glad you tell me this, I can't be more happy right now." Now I get a lump in my throat, but I need to know. I look into my mothers eyes.

,,Mom, I want you to be honest and I really need to know," I begin.

,,What is it honey?"

,,Do you think I'm letting you down?" Immediately Chloe and my mother let go of my hand and look at me with a shocking expression on there faces.

,,Honey, why would you even think that?"

,,That's what I wanted to ask." Chloe agreed with my mother.

,,Because of what you've done. I mean the divorce and raising a kid for nineteen years without dad around. And running the diner all on your own."

,,But Beca, I didn't have any choice. I couldn't go home, you know. When I got pregnant from your father, my mother told me not to bother coming back."

,,What?!" I yell and get up from the bench. ,,What the hell was she thinking?! That crazy old woman!" I'm really mad right now. Chloe stand up, grab my hands and calm me down. ,,Sorry, I didn't mean that." I say to my mother when I'm calm again.