1. My First Kiss

*Edited. Read note at the end of the chapter.*

"What do you want?"

I stood there gawking like an idiot for a minute at the guy who stood in front of me and immediately regretted my decision to welcome my new neighbor. 

I stood on the front of my new neighbor's porch while he filled the doorway with his arms crossed over a very muscular chest that did not have a shirt on. He looked to be around my age which meant he would probably be starting school on Monday even though it was halfway through the school year already. Maybe I could show him around this weekend so he would feel more comfortable.

His jet black hair was cut in a short mohawk that was longer in the front, causing it to hang in front of one of his eyes. My gaze traveled lower to where I stared at a six pack above a pair of dark jeans that rested low on his hips. The black studded belt didn't do much to hold up his pants.

"Well?" He said, huffing a breath of annoyance.

My eyes shot up to his green ones that were already glaring at me. He so had just caught me checking him out. My cheeks flamed a deep shade of red and I tried to hide behind my hair.

Damn. It's not my fault that I was a girl and a shirtless boy was standing in front of me. Who wouldn't take advantage of this opportunity to check him out?

I ran my fingers through my shoulder length blonde hair and began, "Uh, I'm Veronica Fray, your neighbor-"

"Great, I live next to an ugly girl," he muttered.

Slam.

The front door to his house flew shut with such force that my short hair was blown back. My mouth dropped open and all I could do was stare.

The jerk had called me ugly and then slammed the door on me while I was trying to welcome him! I clenched my fists and was about to smack the front door when I heard voices arguing inside. I stopped and because I knew no boundaries when it came to privacy, I put my ear against the door so I could hear what was going on.

"-go apologize, right now!"

"No."

"Elijah-"

"I don't like ugly girls. I thought you said our neighbor was hot."

Suddenly, the door was yanked open while I was still leaning against it. I stumbled and crashed to the floor inside my neighbor's house. I whipped my head up and tried to see through the strands of hair that were strewn across my face.

"And she's a stalker."

My face flushed red again as I stared up at the two guys standing in front of me. The one on the left was the one who had slammed the door on my face. The one on the right was slightly taller, but skinnier, with lighter hair and warm, brown eyes, so unlike the cold green ones of the boy standing next to him.

The one with brown eyes reached a hand down to me and I slid my small hand in his much larger one. He helped me stand up until I was eye level with his chest. He placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Sorry about that. My name is Uriah," he hooked a thumb at the guy next to him, "and this is my younger brother, Elijah."

"By a year," Elijah grumbled, looking anywhere but at me.