43. My First Day of College

*Edited*

I stayed home all day the next day, alone in my room, having no idea if Elijah had succeeded in stopping the wedding or if he had gone to it, meaning his plan had failed.

And I told myself that I didn't care enough times that I finally believed it.

That same day had marked the first day I had sworn off boys. I promised myself I would no longer talk to them or associate myself with them. Boys were troublesome and infuriating, and I honestly didn't need that.

Which was why I found myself in my dorm room at the only college that would accept me.

Bryant University.

And the only reason I had been accepted here was because I had written Uriah Reed's name as a reference on my application. Apparently, he was a huge technology geek here and had even figured out a new software program for teachers to use.

Bonus points towards my application for writing his name down. Score one for me.

Anyway, I was pretty sure Uriah didn't even know I had started school today here since I had sworn off boys and all, him included.

Another month had gone by that I haven't spoken with the name that shall not ever be said.

I'll give you a hint in case you're confused.

It started with the same letter as the first letter in the word "enemy". Coincidence? I think not.

He was probably screwing around with his step-sister somewhere by now, not that I cared in the slightest.

I was too busy...studying, yeah studying at college to give two craps about what my ex boyfriend was doing. I even got a job at the Starbucks right inside the library of the campus to also keep my mind off of boys. Hopefully, I wouldn't get fired on the first day of the job again.

And you know what?

It wasn't exactly as easy as I thought it would be to completely swear off boys. I mean come on, they were all around me. I should've known that just because I chose to ignore them didn't mean that they would just disappear or ignore me back.

I haven't had many friends my whole life, but I was used to talking to people. I never had a reason to avoid the opposite sex, but that was before I met Elijah. Wait, I mean before I met the boy who shall never be named.

I sighed, lazily rolling out of the small, twin sized mattress to get ready for work. I still had my old uniform of the brown apron and green visor from the last time I had worked at Starbucks, so I put those on and threw my hair up in a high pony tail before heading out.

I left a note to my roommate, if she ever decided to show up, that I was at work and would be back later so we could formally meet each other. I'd already had time to unpack all of my suitcases and lay around for a few hours, yet she still hadn't made a single appearance.

I took my time getting to Starbucks since it was so close and I had left early because I thought I'd die of boredom soon. I was too busy texting Mae about my first day at college to pay attention to where I was walking, therefore naturally walking right into another human.

I mumbled a quick apology and kept my head down as I continued my leisurely walk down the brick sidewalk. By the time I made it to work, I felt agitated and aggravated about having to actually work. My parents made me try to get another job so I could help them pay off the college loans.